Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Bad Traders Forum

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Well said, Vulchor. I try to keep all my gifted sticks out of respect for the gift but if one just isn't for me I don't feel bad sending it along to someone who will enjoy it. That's kinda the whole point of gifting and trading, isn't it?
    +2
    if it's something i've smoked before and absolutely know i don't like, i'll pass it on to someone who will enjoy it.

otherwise i try to smoke everything that's been sent to me.
    only other exception is if a botl friend is at the house and picks something out of the humidor they really want to try ... if it's a bombed or gifted stick i'll consider letting them smoke it depending on what cigar it is and how "into" cigars they are.
    if they don't smoke much and pick out something like a LE DPG simply because "the band looks sweet", i'd have to point them to something else because i know they probably wouldn't enjoy it (or might even put it out early) and the cigar would be lost on them, ya know?
    but if they're big into smokes and want to try something that's been bombed/traded to me, but i could find the cigar again, i'd definitely consider letting them have it and pick another one up on my next B&M run.

would never sell or "trade for profit"" bombed/gifted smokes though, that's just shady IMO.

danielzreyes:
    How are those Opus X? Man I wanna try one. I wish I had one. But don't get any ideas guys. I know my addy is out there somewhere but I don't wanna have to barricade my mail box. #bounce
    damn, i hope i'm not guilty of this. if so please call me out. i sometimes make comments like "wanna try those, lemme know how they smoke" ....
    not fishing for bombs though but if it comes across as such just tag me with #fishin or #bounce and i'll shut my pie hole.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it's not you John. You're still a put0 though
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Stop the weenie not giving the details. If you're going to call someone out, say what happened and who did it. Re-gifting? Not reciprocating bombs? Bomb begging? All of the above in combination?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Stop the weenie not giving the details. If you're going to call someone out, say what happened and who did it. Re-gifting? Not reciprocating bombs? Bomb begging? All of the above in combination?
    i think it would be number two sir
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    F*ck it. I usually don't like getting involved in this type of crap but I'll be the one to go ahead and say it. If I get hammered for it oh well. Again, it's not the issue of regifting cigars.
    A lot of botls here feel that Newboots has the rep of pretty much asking to get bombed. He's in it for the free sticks ..... then bails. Doing the same thing in other forums, and showing up every now and then to get more. Take take take. There is a diff between not being able to give back (whether it's financial issues etc) and not giving back at all. Specially when you keep hinting to get hit. Trades passes and bombs is exactly what it's labeled. Not to seek out contests in order to get free sh*t. The jokes about it are being blasted left and right all over the forum. I also noticed in other thread s that he has been called out about it.
    This thread has been bumped just for him. Donzo
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Oh, ok. Well glad y'all caught on to this one. I've gotten so flamed for others I held my tongue here. But I PM'd at least one BOTL who was gonna pile on in the early goings and said don't.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    F*ck it. I usually don't like getting involved in this type of crap but I'll be the one to go ahead and say it. If I get hammered for it oh well. Again, it's not the issue of regifting cigars.
    A lot of botls here feel that Newboots has the rep of pretty much asking to get bombed. He's in it for the free sticks ..... then bails. Doing the same thing in other forums, and showing up every now and then to get more. Take take take. There is a diff between not being able to give back (whether it's financial issues etc) and not giving back at all. Specially when you keep hinting to get hit. Trades passes and bombs is exactly what it's labeled. Not to seek out contests in order to get free sh*t. The jokes about it are being blasted left and right all over the forum. I also noticed in other thread s that he has been called out about it.
    This thread has been bumped just for him. Donzo
    Well said-- that was my point, the ultimate goal of always taking.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Oh, ok. Well glad y'all caught on to this one. I've gotten so flamed for others I held my tongue here. But I PM'd at least one BOTL who was gonna pile on in the early goings and said don't.
    Yeah, you were the first to notice. I should have listened to you. I say this because i was that BOTL that you pm'd.

... and that's what bothers me. New members or just any member who isn't aware and gets sucked in the hints.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Thank you for saying something, I hadn't noticed. You'll need a sombrero Kuya.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Here's my small opinion, for what it's worth. I agree. Haven't been here long, but I sure enjoy the ride. He begs for cigars. Doesn't reciprocate. To me, that's not a real big deal. I mean, when we say we bomb someone, or simply send them something just because, we don't expect anything back. Or at least that's what we say. Now if he had entered into an agreement to trade and never did, that would be a different story. As far as I know, he hasn't done this - correct me if I'm wrong. I sent him something in the past and never expected anything in return. I don't scour the forums well enough to know if he has ever sent packages to others. Newbies, etc,. But it doesn't appear he does.

I see him as a mild annoyance at times, and others have mentioned that to me as well in PMs - says he's always begging and getting bombed.

It's also our choice to send those bombs. We do it out of the kindness of our hearts, and he has been a recipient to many a good beatings. I don't think that warrants bad trader marking from us. Label him a beggar, not a bad trader. If he bothers you, just ignore him and don't send anything.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I need some ****. Please send accordingly. Thanks!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    You got it Cat. Remember. You asked.
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    catfishbluezz:
    yes I asked on purpose. I need ****. Been a while. This is me begging to get bombed =]=]=]=]=]

P.s I have a cooler that consists entirely of overflow ;)
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't noticed this. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I have asked about a couple sticks here and there in the past. I hope you guys don't think I was trying to get bombed.
  • Options
    CharlieHeis:
    I have asked about a couple sticks here and there in the past. I hope you guys don't think I was trying to get bombed.
    i wouldn't worry about it. A gift is a gift IMO. We choose to send it and I never look for reciprocation. As long as everyone sees it that way, shouldn't be a problem. We choose to do so. It's a free country, so if folks want to discuss who is cool and not cool with it in private or public, by all means...MURICA.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    CharlieHeis:
    i wouldn't worry about it. A gift is a gift IMO. We choose to send it and I never look for reciprocation. As long as everyone sees it that way, shouldn't be a problem. We choose to do so. It's a free country, so if folks want to discuss who is cool and not cool with it in private or public, by all means...MURICA.
    Glad you feel that way, I have an empty cooler...just sayin :)

Seriously joking!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    catfishbluezz:
    CharlieHeis:

Seriously joking!
    i don't reciprocate.
  • Options
    photo Screenshot_2014-10-31-14-22-03.png
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    photo Screenshot_2014-10-31-14-22-03.png
    do you even reciprocate bro? Do you?
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    WaltBasil:
    catfishbluezz:
    yes I asked on purpose. I need ****. Been a while. This is me begging to get bombed =]=]=]=]=]

I could only afford one of those Exes. But it's on it's way.
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    catfishbluezz:
    WaltBasil:
    catfishbluezz:

I could only afford one of those Exes. But it's on it's way.
    please do not send your only **** dude... I don't need one that bad. It was a joke lol. I did stop by a place Daniel knows of recently to get some and they were all out. It has been a while, and I'll gladly trade.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    D Fresh:
    catfishbluezz:
    CharlieHeis:

Seriously joking!
    i don't reciprocate.
    That's OK, I haven't sent you anything yet LOL. This is not my argument, just trying to lighten the mood!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    catfishbluezz:
    Someone PM an addy please. Imma send some HTF's. The nerve!!! :-)
  • Options
    That easy huh .... let me try

Please send me an OpusX ****, even if it's your last one. If you don't have one go get one, even if you have to drive 2 hours to go get it. If it's too expensive, feel free to sell a few of your belongings in order to get it. Oh and please hurry. I have a time frame. Thanks
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    That easy huh .... let me try

Please send me an OpusX ****, even if it's your last one. If you don't have one go get one, even if you have to drive 2 hours to go get it. If it's too expensive, feel free to sell a few of your belongings in order to get it. Oh and please hurry. I have a time frame. Thanks
    just don't go to newsstand...bone dry
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    My memory could be off but I swear I have received a package from him... I'll check my humidor one day and see what I can find.

I am sure the same could be said about me cause I know I have received cigars from members and have yet to send anything back to them.

There are also members here who I have sent to on multiple occasions that have not sent anything to me. For the record I am fine with this.

Just one of those stones and glass houses things.

On a non related note, could I get my name added to this list so I don't get bombed any more?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    My memory could be off but I swear I have received a package from him... I'll check my humidor one day and see what I can find.

Wow a first I am sure the same could be said about me cause I know I have received cigars from members and have yet to send anything back to them.

You aren't begging There are also members here who I have sent to on multiple occasions that have not sent anything to me. For the record I am fine with this.

No problem Just one of those stones and glass houses things.

No it isn't On a non related note, could I get my name added to this list so I don't get bombed any more?

Wow
    You aren't begging
    No problem
    No, it isn't
    No, out of the question
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please send all Pepin Troya's my way, yes I am begging u
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:

I am sure the same could be said about me cause I know I have received cigars from members and have yet to send anything back to them.

There are also members here who I have sent to on multiple occasions that have not sent anything to me. For the record I am fine with this.

On a non related note, could I get my name added to this list so I don't get bombed any more?

Even if you did get added to the list Sherm would still get people to bomb you lol.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    FireRob:

Even if you did get added to the list Sherm would still get people to bomb you lol.
    Lol!!! Your darn right about this one! No hiding from that. Oh Sherm, going to have to do something about that guy