Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Bad Traders Forum

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dbeckom , are you planning to redeem yourself?  It is certainly evident that you have the means.  Packages are sent all around the world everyday.

DI:  "Men, what's the maximum effective range of an excuse?"

Platoon:  "Zero point zero meters Drill Sergeant!!"

Many if not most here have participated in this conversation.  It's one of the things that separates the Men from the boys.
    Yes sir, I do plan to complete this trade and “redeem myself. 

I agree with you all that this has taken FAR TOO LONG to complete and I offer my most sincere apologies to Alan and you all for my delay. 

If you go back and read in my messages to Alan, I offered more than once to send him a package directly from Cigar.com to cover for the trade. That offer is still open if Alan will just tell me some of his interests as I asked him in my messages. 

The box that I had packaged for him is at my mother’s house. She does not drive, and I cannot drive due to the seizures, so when I was there I (we) were at the mercy of others to drive us anywhere we needed to go. 

As far as me getting on the forum in recent days as some of you posted...this is the first time I have been on since January 1st when I got an email alert from a message and I got on for a quick response. 

I would gladly send some cigars from Istanbul if not for the fact that it is strictly forbidden to send or receive any tobacco products through Turkish mail. 

Those few of you that truly know me know that I have not chosen to ignore my responsibilities in this trade. The circumstances are and have been truly out of my control...if not this would have been completed in the first days as with ALL of my previous trades, passes, lottery, and bombings. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro people just wanna see the deal done. Not a bunch of hoopla and jibber jabber. We know you are cool and live in turkey and sorry about your moms health. Just send the man some smokes. The man is an AVO Wh0re if you need inspiration.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, sure "brother".  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Come on no one’s name should ever make this list. It’s like $50 to send a nice package of cigars. Buy him something, send him something, who cares stop talking about it and just live up to your word and get it done.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a hint bro, since your clue bag is empty...

Favorite Cigar 
    Ave Maria, Caldwell, AVO (My Favorit Brand!), Warped, Crowned Heads, AJ Fernandez, Diamond Crown, Tatuaje (New member of the S&S Club) and list keeps getting bigger
     About Me 
    Started smoking cigars in 2015 and really enjoy trying all of the different brands that are out there :) I'm a pepperhead and grow Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Peppers). If you like hot peppers this is the one to try!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone in that it seems like you have had more than enough chances to make it right.  I would just make it right and bow out gracefully.  
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...BiAt-ch's..gonna be BiAt-ch's...
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is so angry. Just don't do business with the gentleman. As an Alan myself I feel bad for him and may need his Addy.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest problem is I just can't keep the names straight. I don't know why, but for the life of me I can't remember who I talked to. I remember one of them (my apologies) asking you all for my address and none of you would give it to him. I also have a cane, THUMPER, one of them (my apologies) sent me gratis. What if his "excuses" are true? What if he is that sick? I know at least one man who is that sick and has to depend on someone for everything he needs done, I am close to convincing him to move into a total care facility where he will be taken care of.

Just looking at it from another perspective.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m amazed that you guys haven’t yet figured out that you’re providing this Beckom guy with endless hours of entertainment. He’s laughing his ass off because he’s got so many of you feeding his desire for notoriety. We all know this wasn’t a trade - it was a theft, plain and simple. He has no plan to ever honor his word, not as long as he can keep you stirred up and giving him something to laugh about. 

What means do you have to prove that he even left the country in the first place?  I mean, Istanbul?? He could have told you all that he moved to Lower Slobbovia. How would you know the difference?

Why not try ignoring the imbecile and let the dialog just die?  See if that produces any results. The net effect will be the same - no cigars for @WaterNerd....  
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    I’m amazed that you guys haven’t yet figured out that you’re providing this Beckom guy with endless hours of entertainment. He’s laughing his ass off because he’s got so many of you feeding his desire for notoriety. We all know this wasn’t a trade - it was a theft, plain and simple. He has no plan to ever honor his word, not as long as he can keep you stirred up and giving him something to laugh about. 

What means do you have to prove that he even left the country in the first place?  I mean, Istanbul?? He could have told you all that he moved to Lower Slobbovia. How would you know the difference?

Why not try ignoring the imbecile and let the dialog just die?  See if that produces any results. The net effect will be the same - no cigars for @WaterNerd....  
    Take your own advice.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    jlmarta said:

Take your own advice.
    When have you seen me respond to this clown, JD??
  • Options
    Your last 2 posts.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Your last 2 posts.
    You have a strange way of interpreting things, JD. 

Have a great day....  
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    jlmarta said:

I've kind of wondered about this myself.  It's exactly the kind of drama that Rbeckom used to keep stirred up, which was why I responded the way I did to his "Heart Problem" thread a couple months back.  I can't remember exactly what he called it. 

My response got me a couple of WTF's, which I can only assume were from those who don't remember him, since it's assumed that we're not mature enough to handle knowing who's criticizing us, or why.  

So, fact is I've got no dog in this fight, and thanks @WaterNerd for alerting the rest of us so that we don't fall for it from this guy.

Oh, and thanks Marty, @jlmarta , for your seasoned opinion.  Perspective helps.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Your last 2 posts.
    And yours as well, under your interpretation.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    But, JD is right.  I've noticed that he's subscribed to the post because every time someone responds, he logs on and is active.  See?

But I don't care.  Anyone who wants to get kicked in the saÇk for entertainment is demented anyways, and even if he WAS ever gonna pay up, it wasn't gonna happen once his name hit this thread. 

Edit: that time is Pacific...by the way
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying it for sometime, one guy two accounts.  I agree with Marty, let it go and remember these "two" pieces of **** for the future.  I too was burned on a trade lesson learned.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

...That Pic....  is Hilarious...  Grrrrrrrr.....
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clear up a few things, cigar.com will send Alan a package sometime next week. I messaged him last night. As for my health...if any of you don’t believe and want to see the MRI’s of my brain, message me and I will share them. I have been a part of this forum for many years and have NEVER had an issue with anyone other than a simple disagreement that was settled with a simple direct message. If you take the time to go back and read my past posts you will quickly see that I have always been courteous to everyone, and very quick to respond with passes and bombs. Nobody has ever questioned what I sent because I tend to get carried away with giving. 

As far as the ones that are confusing me with my brother ( @Patrickbrick and some others) I would invite you to go back and read my posts and his and compare mine to his. 

I have always enjoyed this forum because of the brotherhood between everyone. When someone was having problems or disappeared for a bit, others would message to check on them. Sure there have been many to take advantage of the brotherhood and giving nature of the guys here, but they never last long. Before you call someone a failure, you should know who that person is and what they are going through. 

Far_North_64 said:
    jlmarta said:

I agree. He needs to send me, as an impartial moderator, a pound of saffron from the spice market, three lahmacuns (I love those), five pounds of baclava, and a picture in front of Hagia Sophia holding today's newspaper. He does that and I'll send @WaterNerd a box of cigars myself!
    @Far_North_64 I wish we all could afford a pound of saffron! 
    The best lahmacun Istanbul comes from a small cafe called Antiplem Kebap just about a mile from my apartment. V

If you ever want to come visit I’ll gladly take you there and to sample the many types of baclava (it’s endless) Some of the best comes from Pelit Bakery which is literally just below my balcony where I always post the pictures in the “what are you smoking” thread. 

The Hagia Sophia Mosque/Museum is on my list of places to go when I can get around better. It’s on the other side of the city (across the Bosporus from me near where the Grand Bazaar is. I do not have a newspaper handy to confirm the current date and my location, but here is a picture of my iPad as I am typing this reply, with the İstanbul (Kadikoy municipality) skyline in the background. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    I didn't call you a failure in that meme. I said failure to complete your trade would result in the ridicule and banishment. Go re-read it. Simple fact is that you couldn't come up with a way to get 5 cigars into his hands in a period that exceeded a year. Then, instead of being a man and saying, "hey bro, I fuckëd up," you went on about how having seizures doesn't allow you to drive. You're 46 years old dude. the dog can't eat your homework for an entire year bro. Wake me up when you start being a man.