Home General Discussion

Need some help from the botl community" New Update"

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, as a lot of you know by now Rick aka Beatnic has passed away and left our great community to be in a better place , I'm sure some of you have crossed paths with him 1 way or another, and a few of us here were talking about doing something in his memory, or if we can help out his son and the rest of his family. I had the pleasure of playing poker with him and talking to him through pm's, and I'm sure some if you have done the same or even knew him more. We have emailed his son asking if there is any way we can help out in any way, so we are just waiting his response. If you are interested please leave a reply and myself or Curt will get back with you when we hear anything. Thank you very much

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Sign me up
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick introduced me to AJ Freshed Rolled, so if there is something I am able to do, let me know.
    I can't promise anything, but I will definitely try.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    I'm in Ray, let me know what you guys are putting together and I'll do what I can.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im in.
    just PM me.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man.... I had no idea. Keep me in the loop Ray.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, also if anyone has any great ideas please feel free to pm them or post them here, this is a group effort.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely in I'm going to miss that joyous persona..
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm in a PM incoming Ray
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Double post
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    keep me in the loop
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll help if I can.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously, I'm in.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Keep me updated please
    Money can't buy taste
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Ray or Curt -please keep me in the loop as well
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me IN
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep me updated
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    IN
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Im in. Ill do what I can.
    kingjk729:
    I'm in a PM incoming Ray
    Pm returned King
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Count me in, please.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    In
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had the pleasure. But if there is something I can do let me know.
    This is what makes this place great brothers like u guys, curt has reached out to him through email just waiting on a response, I've had several guys pm me about ideas, really if anyone has something they wanna do, go for it, I just thought it would b nice to start this thread. I guess I will just wait to hear from curt if he gets a response, but if anyone has ideas please take over and start it going. Thanks again, thus just shows how truly amazing u guys are.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I have yet to receive a response as I sent it late last evening. Once or if I do I will post it on this thread. Thank you everyone who is participating. It goes to show that this place is one of the better places to hang with. For those who would like to read Ricks obits here is the online obit. He will be sorely missed.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theneworleansadvocate/obituary.aspx?n=richard-lee-waldron&pid=169094731&fhid=5630

If someone could fix the link to be a clickable link please do so.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    I have yet to receive a response as I sent it late last evening. Once or if I do I will post it on this thread. Thank you everyone who is participating. It goes to show that this place is one of the better places to hang with. For those who would like to read Ricks obits here is the online obit. He will be sorely missed.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theneworleansadvocate/obituary.aspx?n=richard-lee-waldron&pid=169094731&fhid=5630

If someone could fix the link to be a clickable link please do so.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Here you go Curt. Thanks for finding it

Richard Waldron Obit
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    You know I'm in if you guys put something together.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In, for my fellow WWU Viking.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm in for sure.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Gentlemen,

I received this reply from Ricks son. Anything we can do would be a fitting tribute to Ricks passing.

Curt, Thanks so much for reaching out, I really appreciate it. If you'd like to donate, I'm sure my father would appreciate donations to "Manresa House of Retreats" in Convent, LA. Also, if you or anyone can give blood, particularly to the Blood Center anywhere in Louisiana, my whole family would appreciate it, as my father used so much blood in his final days, and we wouldn't want a stress on the blood supply as a result. Thank you so much, this means a lot to us. Very Respectfully, Ryan Lee Waldron, PE

The link to the retreat is

http://manresala.org/

Thanks everyone. Anything we can do would be much appreciated.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961