Home General Discussion
Options

Need some help from the botl community" New Update"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    Can someone PM me Ricks addy for the card, thanks guys!
    Or, if someone has it, could you please post it here?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Rick Waldron
    9400 Sharla Drive
    River Ridge,LA
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Rick Waldron
    9400 Sharla Drive
    River Ridge,LA
    Thanks Curt! And thanks for all you've done to reach out to Rick's family! You, sir, are a good man!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick was an amazing human being, had the pleasure of Vherfing with him a few times over the past few months and was a bit more than a little shocked when I heard he had passed, not only will he be sorely missed by his family around him but also by his family here on Ccom, Rick we will be thinking of you and praying for you for many years to come my brother!

Curt and Ray, brothers thanks for keeping me in the loop and for doing this for everyone, means a lot and shows just what awesome brothers you are, I'm proud to call each of you family :) I am down for the hat, card and anything else I can jump in on, just let me know please!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    brianetz1:
    i will be sure to donate blood in his honor.

if you guys want it might be a good idea to take a quick selfie while you are giving blood and title the pic. Maybe if enough of the guys do it, curt could grab all the pics and send his soon an email with all the pics in it donating in honor of Rick.
    willing to do that with no problem.
    I like that idea. Doesn't look like I will be able to give today so it might have to wait a month.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Rick Waldron
    9400 Sharla Drive
    River Ridge,LA
    For the record Mrs. Waldron's name is Karen for those of you sending cards to her and the family.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the research and effort involved here. I am sure this will help many people heal emotionally.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    UPDATE re: donations (a copy of the email i just received, with a line breaks formating for ease of reading & clarity)
    Dear Mr. Bauman,

Folks interested in making a donation to Manresa in memory of an individual are asked to make said donation to Manresa House of Retreats at P.O. Box 89 Convent, LA 70723-0089. For donations to be given to our permanent endowment fund, known as the Hynes Fund, please make note of that intent on the check. In addition to a donation being given to the Hynes Fund folks also may give to our building and maintenacne fund and or to our general operations fund. Funds to these accounts enable us to be able tocontinue offering retreats to individuals who are unable to meet the suggested donation. We never turn folks away if they are unable to give the suggested donation, which this year is $300.00. We will let the Waldron family know of any donations that we receive in Rick's memory.
    Thank you for your interest in thinking of ways to pay Rick this tribute.
    God Bless,
    Tim Murphy
    Director,
    Manresa Hosue of Retreats
    1-800-782-9431 ext 380

My original email from yesterday:

Hi,

-I am requesting how one would go about to make a donation in rick's memory
    -I speak on behalf of an online community of fellow cigar smokers
    -we are all gathering together in that forum, sharing our memoroies, etc.
    -if you wish to follow, or have a glance at the comments, and or ideas, feel free to look here:
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/12/ShowForum.aspx
    -there are a few threads that are obvious
    -we have also contacted his son, but do not wish to burden him at this time
    -please send me some ideas as to what, where, and how we could make a lasting contribution in his memory

sincerely,
    barry
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    UPDATE re: donations (a copy of the email i just received, with a line breaks formating for ease of reading & clarity)
    Dear Mr. Bauman,

Folks interested in making a donation to Manresa in memory of an individual are asked to make said donation to Manresa House of Retreats at P.O. Box 89 Convent, LA 70723-0089. For donations to be given to our permanent endowment fund, known as the Hynes Fund, please make note of that intent on the check. In addition to a donation being given to the Hynes Fund folks also may give to our building and maintenacne fund and or to our general operations fund. Funds to these accounts enable us to be able tocontinue offering retreats to individuals who are unable to meet the suggested donation. We never turn folks away if they are unable to give the suggested donation, which this year is $300.00. We will let the Waldron family know of any donations that we receive in Rick's memory.
    Thank you for your interest in thinking of ways to pay Rick this tribute.
    God Bless,
    Tim Murphy
    Director,
    Manresa Hosue of Retreats
    1-800-782-9431 ext 380

My original email from yesterday:

Hi,

-I am requesting how one would go about to make a donation in rick's memory
    -I speak on behalf of an online community of fellow cigar smokers
    -we are all gathering together in that forum, sharing our memoroies, etc.
    -if you wish to follow, or have a glance at the comments, and or ideas, feel free to look here:
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/12/ShowForum.aspx
    -there are a few threads that are obvious
    -we have also contacted his son, but do not wish to burden him at this time
    -please send me some ideas as to what, where, and how we could make a lasting contribution in his memory

sincerely,
    barry
    Thank you Barry !
    So there ya go folks. Send what you can if this is what you want to do.
    Also be sure to do whatever you see fit on the pictures and hat and cards. For myself I will more than likely send a donation to the retreat and a card to the family. See Drews post above for the cards, Joes Post for the hat, and Brians Post on giving blood.
    Thanks everyone your all good peeps ,Rick can be proud. God Bless his soul.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job guys, I'm sure all the donations and items will b very helpful and nice.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump in case people need information...
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Sure would be nice if we had the ability to sticky threads. Dead horse I know.