Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOSCH.....Season 4 on Prime.
    0patience said:
    Awesome!
    It will sit and not be used. Every TV in our house has one on it and I take one with me when I'm sent off all over Oregon and have to stay in motels.
    And then when we figure out what to use it on, no one will remember where it is and we'll find it 10 years from now and it won't be of any use.

So, less stuff in my house is a good thing. LOL!

splain sumpin.....do I need to run more ethernet or is it good to go 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

splain sumpin.....do I need to run more ethernet or is it good to go 
    FireTV is wireless.
    So as long as you have wifi, it works.

I take mine with me when I have to stay at a motel for work.
    That way I can watch the shows I want.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ranch on Netflix.
    Funny as hell.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    The Ranch on Netflix.
    Funny as hell.
    That one took me some time to get into, but it does get pretty enjoyable.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched a great movie on Netflix last night. 
    Kill the Irishman. Highly recommend it if you like gangster flicks. 
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife and I started watching Shameless.  Quickly discovered its not for kids!  Great show: sad, funny, and traumatic at times.  The hardest reality is when you realize over and over again that these are kids, not adults, and likely some of this type of stuff happens in real life.  But definitely worth watching if you are not too uptight about a lot of nudity (good and not so good LOL).

Travelers - excellent
    Bosch - Excellent
    About to start Altered Carbon
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently started Sons of Anarchy so I pulled this old thing out. Great show so far. The cigar, not so much. But the band is going to make a solid stogie stand.
    edited July 2018
    Started Narcos on Netflix. It's good so far. And it also led me to google Pablo Escobar. His estimated known net worth back then would translate into Warren Buffett type numbers in today's dollars. Holy Hell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Escobar 
    Someone please help.
    I am binging on "Grim" and I don't know why.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're ok, but if you start binging Portlandia then we know it's something serious.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started The Last Kingdom this week, pretty good first few episodes if you are into medieval chit
    A little dirt never hurt
    Watched Extinction on Netflix Tuesday night with the family based on Disco @Rhamlin's recommendation on the vHerf.

Thanks, Ricky, we enjoyed it.

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stripes is on Netflix. Classic bill Murray dopey comedy
    Yakster said:
    You're ok, but if you start binging Portlandia then we know it's something serious.
    What a lousy way to end a series. 22 episodes cut to 17.
    Coming to a city near you, "Caught on Camera", on prime.
    No wee wee in public.
    Started Vikings on Hulu recently at Usaf06's recommendation. Good stuff.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Binged Dark on Netflix on Sunday. Not sure what it's on but Animal kingdom is a great show too. 
    Just started watching the old Mission Impossible series on Prime.  That theme song is timeless.

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been watching Ozark on Netflix. Just finished the first season. Anyone else watching this 
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    @0patience, has she discovered Trolls yet? At least the music in both of those is tolerable. 
    This is one of my sons favorite movies. Haven’t watched it to recently but for a while there it was nearly daily and sometimes twice a day. He loves the music still and everytime we get in the truck he yells “Poppy music” so we listen to the soundtrack all the time
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Texas Rising is good (Amazon) so I've added it to my watch list. Planning on checking it out soon.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For slapstick stupid but fun to watch, Amanda and I have been binging on Total Wipeout on Prime with Richard Hammond from Top Gear. Stupid but very entertaining see these idiots do all of this stuff. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    bert873 said:
    Been watching Ozark on Netflix. Just finished the first season. Anyone else watching this 
    I've had it in my queue since it came out but I haven't watched it yet. Maybe that will be up next. 
    Hunted on Prime.

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to binge on criminal minds....... But it's just one mind numbing episode after episode of serial killers.....and serial killers.....and serial killing rapists, and yet more serial killers.
    I'm serial killered out at season 8.
    How the hell has it lasted for 15 seasons?  There just isn't any more ways to kill that we haven't seen yet.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    I have been binging on "THE CLOSER", on Prime. The 1st seven seasons with
    Kyra Sedgwick.
    After she left the show I watched one more TV season but it became to sappy and soap operish.
    It still holds my attention. Really good show.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crossing lines is pretty good.
    Netflix 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    I have been binging on "THE CLOSER", on Prime. The 1st seven seasons with
    Kyra Sedgwick.
    After she left the show I watched one more TV season but it became to sappy and soap operish.
    It still holds my attention. Really good show.
    I quit watching about 4 episodes after she left 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    I liked The Closer, but it did go downhill after Kyra left.  I started Ten Days in the Valley, also staring Kyra but couldn't get into it.  It was cancelled after only one season.