Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Mail man dropped off some Cuba Libra today, one that I haven't tried so figured wth not and got a 5'ver. Any thoughts from the brothers?
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Had a few minutes to kill so I went into the local B&M to pick up a stick or two at most for the weekend, and stumbled blindly into an Oliva event. Got 3 nice sticks plus a free Cain Daytona - never had one (never had a Nub of any kind either). Looking forward to at least a couple of these this holiday weekend:

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    Mail man dropped off some Cuba Libra today, one that I haven't tried so figured wth not and got a 5'ver. Any thoughts from the brothers?
    If it's the regular CL, I like them a lot for a budget stick. It's very leathery, with a little spice. Almost nothing in the way of sweetness. This is the flavor I tend to think of when I think corojo. Lots of smoke, usually pretty good in the way of construction. Medium bodied. I think they go well with certain rums.

If it's the CL One then those can also be good, but I've had some that have had poor construction. Totally different smoke, but still good. Damn things burn forever. The robusto took me an hour and a half, and I could have went longer if I had the inclination.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Had a few minutes to kill so I went into the local B&M to pick up a stick or two at most for the weekend, and stumbled blindly into an Oliva event. Got 3 nice sticks plus a free Cain Daytona - never had one (never had a Nub of any kind either). Looking forward to at least a couple of these this holiday weekend:

Heavy, let us know how that maduro is? Haven't had a maduro Nub before. Nice pick up on that surprise visit.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Russ55:
    RampMonkey:
    If it's the regular CL, I like them a lot for a budget stick. It's very leathery, with a little spice. Almost nothing in the way of sweetness. This is the flavor I tend to think of when I think corojo. Lots of smoke, usually pretty good in the way of construction. Medium bodied. I think they go well with certain rums.

If it's the CL One then those can also be good, but I've had some that have had poor construction. Totally different smoke, but still good. Damn things burn forever. The robusto took me an hour and a half, and I could have went longer if I had the inclination.
    Thanks for the heads up Russ55. These are the regular CL but in saloman style. Was able to get them for a good deal and figured why not and from the description it sounds like its worth ago.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today I got a surprise in my mailbox. kgoldman wanted to get involved in the fun and games here so we set up a blind trade. Kevin sent me four nice sticks.. two Rocky Patel Olde Worlde Reserve, Never had these before, but being a R.P. fan, I can't wait to give them a try. Also two Nubs. a Connecticut and a Cameroon.

Now to figure out what to hit him back with. The man means business and should be considered a good trader.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Yesterday I got a blast form ShotgunJohn with no choke!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well today I got hit from RCYCigars and he truly outdid himself with this package. I was expected a box we split of Zino Z-Class coronas, but he actually threw the box in as well as a few other amazing items!
    This is the Zino box and cigars! These things look amazing!!
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    The extra cigars he threw in are all awesome looking smokes! I am excited about every single one of them!
    Photobucket
    Then the other item in this package was a huge surprise! I've seen Rick throw out some of his famous beer mugs, but this coffee mug is work of art! I'm actually a big coffee and hot tea drinker so this will get a lot of use!!
    Photobucket
    A huge thanks goes out to Rick for this package!!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I got 10 La Gloria Cubana Serie "N"
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    HUpmann 48 Mags and Guantanamera Minutos...finally they arrived lol imageimage
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Well today I got hit from RCYCigars and he truly outdid himself with this package. I was expected a box we split of Zino Z-Class coronas, but he actually threw the box in as well as a few other amazing items!
    This is the Zino box and cigars! These things look amazing!!
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    The extra cigars he threw in are all awesome looking smokes! I am excited about every single one of them!
    Photobucket
    Then the other item in this package was a huge surprise! I've seen Rick throw out some of his famous beer mugs, but this coffee mug is work of art! I'm actually a big coffee and hot tea drinker so this will get a lot of use!!
    Photobucket
    A huge thanks goes out to Rick for this package!!
    nice haul!!!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Bomb from RCY:

PIF from ENFIDL:

And an order I've been waiting on all week. Here's a pic of the total damage:

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nick2021:

Mmmm Mag50s. Deeeelicious. I gotta ask though... you actually a fan of the Guantanameras? Or just giving them a try? Were they free? ;)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nick2021:
    That's a thing of beauty Nick. Pulled a Mag 50 out last night from my cab, they're finally starting to shake off the youth and open up on the flavor. What year are yours from?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ton of Viaje Skull & Bones MOAB and a Viaje VLP
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Nick2021:

Mmmm Mag50s. Deeeelicious. I gotta ask though... you actually a fan of the Guantanameras? Or just giving them a try? Were they free? ;)
    lol, actually they were out of the Siglos...so this was something I saw which was around same price and dropped the ball on them lol
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    That's a thing of beauty Nick. Pulled a Mag 50 out last night from my cab, they're finally starting to shake off the youth and open up on the flavor. What year are yours from?
    These had a box code of 09, yours? I had an 08 the other day and it was very good...may have to wait another 2 for these...they did smell good though :)
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I got a Freaking Headache from some **** that want to continue to Inject there Stupidity and ignorance into my life and the world.... Thank god Im not them ! what a Couple od Dueschbags!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I've been dying to make some purchases since this MD shipping thing started. Drove up to a B&M yesterday I have been wanting to check out in Delaware across the boder. Then I made a pitsop at Delaware Park afterward to try and win some money back, unfortunately that didn't happen. Got some nice sticks though.

2 Cain Daytona, 2 Emilio AF1, 1 Padilla 1932, 1 EPC 2010 Limitada, 2 LG Small Batch, 3 Viaje Chiquito, 1 EPC Short Run, 1 Grimalkin, 4 Quesada Tributo, 2 Anejo, 1 My Father Limitada 2011, and a 3 pack CAO Brazilia
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    These had a box code of 09, yours? I had an 08 the other day and it was very good...may have to wait another 2 for these...they did smell good though :)
    Very cool, I think mine are box dated '09 and I've had them for about a year too. Mine have another 2-3 before they're where they need to be, but I'm looking forward to that day.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    I've been dying to make some purchases since this MD shipping thing started. Drove up to a B&M yesterday I have been wanting to check out in Delaware across the boder. Then I made a pitsop at Delaware Park afterward to try and win some money back, unfortunately that didn't happen. Got some nice sticks though.

2 Cain Daytona, 2 Emilio AF1, 1 Padilla 1932, 1 EPC 2010 Limitada, 2 LG Small Batch, 3 Viaje Chiquito, 1 EPC Short Run, 1 Grimalkin, 4 Quesada Tributo, 2 Anejo, 1 My Father Limitada 2011, and a 3 pack CAO Brazilia

My friend, that is one nice haul.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    i just recieved the diesel high octane sampler along with the San Cristobal & Padron dd's,Ave Maria & Man O' War Puro Authentico dd's and the Oliva Serie V & Man O' War Ruination daily deal from last week. I cant wait to light these up!!!
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    amz1301:

My friend, that is one nice haul.

Let me tell you, this was a major test of my willpower. It took everything in me to not break out my credit cards and go to town in there.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Got my end of a trade with wwestern (see Good Traders & Stand Up Folks thread for list of what's included) and COTM Club shipment
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blind trade sent from trident image
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Received my end of a blind trade with Trident. He sent me 5 awesome sticks a MOW Ruination, Gurkha Legend, Padron, Carlos Torano Virtuoso and 5 Vegas Gold. Pics are in Good Traders

Also got my auction winnings today:

5 RyJ Reserve Maduro
    5 Olor Lonsdale
    5 Torano Exodus 1959
    5 La Floridita

Been a good haul today
  • Options
    Got my end of a blind trade with AJGARLETT (see Good Traders & Stand Up Folks thread for a picture of what he sent.) Thanks a lot AJ, you the man !!!
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Got my end of a trade with Skweekz + 4 awesome tag alongs thanks bro!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    got my 3 DD orders today
    5 Kristoff Ligero Criollo
    5 Sencillo
    5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial
    5 Diesel
    5 Diesel Unlimited
    5 Tatuaje Havana IV
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    ShotgunJohn:
    got my 3 DD orders today
    5 Kristoff Ligero Criollo
    5 Sencillo
    5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial
    5 Diesel
    5 Diesel Unlimited
    5 Tatuaje Havana IV
    hahaha dang, John. . . . thats a good day.