iRISH
    this
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    The Kid:
    lcpleel:
    iRISH
    this
    At work and getting interupted...My bad...
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Not today, but recently I saw a thread that ENFIDL wanted to try a pipe so I sent him one I had with some tobacco, cleaners and filters. We agreed on a 3 stick BLIND trade. Well, he was blind with his counting, here's the carnage that he absolutely destroyed me with. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:
    Wow. That's a nice hit! What's the deal with the Cohiba? Put in that tube for safe keeping? Is it an Esplendido? Also, what's the other stick, at the other end, looks like it says CHE on it?
    It's a re-gifted Cohiba from Paul, more of a sentimental stick than anything...will never smoke it but a great story Paul shared with me regarding it. The far right is an OJA cigar.
    What, you didn't like my answer........lol..........
    I liked it, it just needed a part B :)

Sweet hits! Shaun, if you haven't had the Reconquista yet, you're in for a surprise. Another in a long list of reasons AJ got screwed out of the CA Top 25. The AM Reconquista could EASILY fit in anywhere in the top 10.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Steve2010:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:
    Wow. That's a nice hit! What's the deal with the Cohiba? Put in that tube for safe keeping? Is it an Esplendido? Also, what's the other stick, at the other end, looks like it says CHE on it?
    It's a re-gifted Cohiba from Paul, more of a sentimental stick than anything...will never smoke it but a great story Paul shared with me regarding it. The far right is an OJA cigar.

Sweet hits! Shaun, if you haven't had the Reconquista yet, you're in for a surprise. Another in a long list of reasons AJ got screwed out of the CA Top 25. The AM Reconquista could EASILY fit in anywhere in the top 10.

CA only reviews cigars their buyer can buy in local B&Ms, aside from CCs. As Reconquista is exclusive to CI/CCom, it doesn't meet their requirements for inclusion in their ratings.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Steve2010:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:

CA only reviews cigars their buyer can buy in local B&Ms, aside from CCs. As Reconquista is exclusive to CI/CCom, it doesn't meet their requirements for inclusion in their ratings.
    Didn't they rate one of the limited Viajes to the top ten in the last two years that was almost impossible to find in local B&Ms? lol Funny how it works....
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    The Kid:
    lcpleel:
    iRISH
    this
    I may just be reading things that aren't there so forgive me if I'm being a dolt, but why is my name quoted by you Isaac? I'm lost, please help
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    spindrift:
    The Kid:
    lcpleel:
    iRISH
    this
    I may just be reading things that aren't there so forgive me if I'm being a dolt, but why is my name quoted by you Isaac? I'm lost, please help
    Rudy asked which Brett???? Isaac responded.....
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    spindrift:
    The Kid:
    lcpleel:
    iRISH
    this
    Disregard, I'm a moron and got it figured out lol. Those El Centurions are the last ones remaining in Colorado to my knowledge. Shaun, I did my best to take out as many of your wish list cigars in your bio and to also take care of a few of your favs as well, hope you enjoy my friend :)

Todd, the Jose Seijas is by far one of my favorite profiles and construction for my tastes, hope it is as good for you as it is for me, a year should really do wonders for that stick. The other one of note is the Buena Vista, the lounge I frequent is owned by a great guy named Sam Barnett. He was in on the development of those, sent a Monte No. 2 and a Behike both unbanded to the blender and said make them taste like this... Long story short, after smoking the Monte today and having had the BV a week ago he F'ing nailed it... Ecudorian and Dominican and so smooth it's silly, once again a year will turn that fantastic cigar into a true work of art. Lemme know what you have to say when that day comes my friend :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nick2021:
    docbp87:
    Steve2010:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:

Didn't they rate one of the limited Viajes to the top ten in the last two years that was almost impossible to find in local B&Ms? lol Funny how it works....
    That's not the point... They don't review cigars exclusive to online or catalog houses, which the VOR 5 was not. Granted, the VOR 5 was sold out by the time they rated it, but it still was within their requirements.
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro 5er
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I got 10 Pinar Del Rio Seleccion 2010
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    docbp87:
    Nick2021:
    docbp87:
    Steve2010:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    docbp87:

That's not the point... They don't review cigars exclusive to online or catalog houses, which the VOR 5 was not. Granted, the VOR 5 was sold out by the time they rated it, but it still was within their requirements.

My point was AJ got screwed. Maybe the Reconquista (as good as it is) was a bad example. OK, let's say the SL Oval or Habano.
    Sorry for the thread-jack, Shaun.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Needles....in too many places...got an Oliva V waiting for me
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    No worries Steve, I actually didn't even know the CA requirements...thanks for the info Doc!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday actually. It was on clearance so eh, worth a try, why not. (few Perdomo sticks too)

imageUploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    thanks to JJ for the link to get this deal
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Monte Especials No. 2...eager to try these!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got spanked by AJGARLETT and my combo ashtray deal, thought the ashtray was bigger than this, the pictures made it look alot bigger, but it's cute,lol imageimage
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    got spanked by AJGARLETT and my combo ashtray deal, thought the ashtray was bigger than this, the pictures made it look alot bigger, but it's cute,lol imageimage
    Ditto on the ash tray!! Oh well, it'll make me clean it out when I'm done...its terrible when I leave it outside half full and it rains...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I got smacked by AJGARLETT, too!! And what a hit is was... this maniac went straight for my wishlist and took em out!!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    I got smacked by AJGARLETT, too!! And what a hit is was... this maniac went straight for my wishlist and took em out!!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    AJ seems to be on a tear....but a quick question...those Kristoffs have the same label, and in different sizes. Is that why the colors r different? (My guess was one is a Ligero Maduro, and the other is the plain Maduro....just checking since I haven't had the Ligero Maddy yet). Regardless great hit and some fine smoke!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Today was a good day. First off got my end of a trade with Rudy aka The Kid. Somehow I try and suprise the guy with some extra sticks and he still gets me.

Next found a hidden stash of some fine lanceros at the B&M.

DPG Lanceros Collection from 2007image
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Today was a good day. First off got my end of a trade with Rudy aka The Kid. Somehow I try and suprise the guy with some extra sticks and he still gets me.

Wow.... That is one of the coolest things I've seen on this thread in a long time!! Course I'm a little biased being a Lancero Slvt lol... Congrats!! I bet those El Centurion lances may be one of the best smokes period! I'd love to get your tasting notes on those! Way to go!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:

You Dog!!!,,lol, I see you picked up those great sticks which have what, 4+ years on em???Nice, Enjoy em man!!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    How could that box of DPGs stay hidden that long? What a find. Stuff doesn't stick around that long at any shops I visit.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    kaspera79:
    How could that box of DPGs stay hidden that long? What a find. Stuff doesn't stick around that long at any shops I visit.
    If you saw the way this shop was set up you'd understand. It's kinda tight and they have things packed in everywhere. I go in there and start pulling boxes out and digging around.
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    Got these over the past week from some great BOTL's. Did a couple of blinds and the receipt of a movie win. Really got my a** handed to me here, just now built back up the strength to post these. Sorry for taking so long.

First from a blind trade with BigT. What was this? 5 on 5? Looks about right.

Next was another blind trade with Bandy. I think this was a 3 on 3... 1+1+1=8?

Finally, movie winnings from Slick. Thank you1

Thank you guys so much! I would trade with each of you any day of the week!