Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    My very generous neighbor who is a better man than these smokes gave me these for Christmas. Thanks again Chris and Merry Christmas!

The Cuaba is the best cigar I have ever smoked in my life, this will be the third one total I've had the pleasure of receiving and eventually smoking. The twang is unlike anything I have ever experienced, rich, so complex and strong I cannot describe it, the power of the smoke is overwhelming into the final third. The first one I smoked turned me greener than the lawn! Every cigar I smoke I try to compare it to these.

The Partagas was exceptional! I just finished smoking it, a creamy vanilla twang with roasted nuts on the finish.

The Montecristo is very dry and doesn't appear well rolled/made construction wise. I will see in a week or so if it's anything like the another classic Montecristo I smoked over a year ago. I should note the neighbor that gave me this one received a batch from another neighbor so I'm sure it's not to his standards. As long as it burns good and flavor is there then win win.

If you like the Cuaba Salomone, Partagas has a nice Salomone as well. 

Nice smokies right there. I would be visiting this neighbor for smoke night more often  :)
    I have tried to get with him more but he doesn't prefer to smoke with others. It's his daily routine to relax and whine down at night with a nice aged cigar. He's partial to Cubans only and I don't blame him. 

I will check out those Salomones Partagas offers. My plan for next year is to get 2 boxes of Cuaba Salomones, a box of Partagas No.4 and some shortys, maybe a box of Montecristos also. I am starting to lean heavily to the Cuban world of smokes, my palate is starting to prefer them. I'll smoke any cigar from any country as long as it's aged and med-full or strictly full bodied. If it's not then 95% of the time I can't taste anything.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you just buy 3 boxes?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I split them with luke, at his cost
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg
    Holy Hell. Let me know if you want to sell or trade one or two of those.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I split them with luke, at his cost
    That is a beautiful thing! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CharlieHeis
    Shoot me a pm, I'm sure we can work something out
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Omg
    WTF! 
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy CHIT!!!!! JELLY!!!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Got a surprise from @Jay6 today...Many thanks
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a great deal on this box :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the latest newsletter @Jay6, nice work Jason
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Is that the latest newsletter @Jay6, nice work Jason
    Yeah, I can't wait to "read it." Just can't decide which "page" to start on.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, Allan.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropped by another B & M near work, 1 TN Waltz, 1 CAO Stingy Scrooge, and 1 CAO Wicked Winter 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    NjbowNjbow Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Gifts from my wife for Xmas beautiful humidor which my neighbor seasoned for me and kept it a secret and a light made out of empty cigar boxes which opens for storage. now I need to fill the humidor all donations gladly accepted lol
  • Options
    Dropped by another B & M near work, 1 TN Waltz, 1 CAO Stingy Scrooge, and 1 CAO Wicked Winter 
    @TNBigfoot68 Let me know how the CAO Stingy Scrooge is. Several places on-line have the box on sale :#
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Welcome @Njbow Looks like your on your way! Look out. Your going to need a bigger humidor before you know it :)
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn sam, where you been?  Besides Chicago.  Nice haul.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Damn sam, where you been?  Besides Chicago.  Nice haul.

lol that was just the devil site on Christmas Day.

I also got the Uncle Lee deal.

But its too damn cold to smoke and stuff.
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Star Trek Beyond cap. 

I really like that hat Chris @Yakster
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought you would, watched it for the first time tonight. Not had, actually enjoyed watching Sully more. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    @TNBigfoot68 Let me know how the CAO Stingy Scrooge is. Several places on-line have the box on sale :#
    @WaterNerd
     well, I was planning on letting it rest a while. I have read some great reviews, the Scrooge is supposed to be the best. PM me the prices you have seen on-line we might discuss splitting a box. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    @TNBigfoot68 PM Sent
    — Abraham Lincoln