Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    rwheelwright:
    My 5 MoW Armada for being in the cotm club and a forum member.
    I am SO happy I was able to get in on both of those deals! I doubt that I would ever buy a stick for that much again, even with a backing like this one has.
    Any1 smoke 1 yet? all the hype & only one review
    I smoked one yesterday and it was pretty fantastic. I could tell right away that it was going to be a powerhouse. It hit me right in the gut, and early too. I really enjoyed it a lot. I'll need to sample more to compare it to the Ruination but I think I might have a new favorite super-full-bodied smoke.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    got my armadas in yesterday, can't wait to try one.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    rwheelwright:
    I am SO happy I was able to get in on both of those deals! I doubt that I would ever buy a stick for that much again, even with a backing like this one has.
    I smoked one yesterday and it was pretty fantastic. I could tell right away that it was going to be a powerhouse. It hit me right in the gut, and early too. I really enjoyed it a lot. I'll need to sample more to compare it to the Ruination but I think I might have a new favorite super-full-bodied smoke.
    I only asked because I want to try one but at the price tag I wanted to let them rest. The MOW Maduro was good but def. needed more time to sleep. Do I smoke one now or do they rest for a few more???
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    rwheelwright:
    I only asked because I want to try one but at the price tag I wanted to let them rest. The MOW Maduro was good but def. needed more time to sleep. Do I smoke one now or do they rest for a few more???
    when i smoked mine it was pretty much fresh from nicaragua, and slightly over humidified. im sure that 3 months later (now) it has evened out a bit. personally i would still rest them but i dont think it will be a bad cigar by any means if there is no rest.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my 2 MoW Armada and 5pk of Diesel UHC
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    rwheelwright:
    when i smoked mine it was pretty much fresh from nicaragua, and slightly over humidified. im sure that 3 months later (now) it has evened out a bit. personally i would still rest them but i dont think it will be a bad cigar by any means if there is no rest.
    Thanks Kuzi....knowing that I have a few has me wanting to try one now and let the others rest. I think that is what I will do.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Was out shopping for the secret santa and ended up getting myself some smokes image
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just got my 5pk of Armadas. I have to say they may very well be the best looking cigars I own. And that's sayin something. Hope they taste as good as they look.
  • Options
    I picked up the Feunte Hoiday Sampler...the AJ Fernandez dirty dozen and a Nub. just cause i've heard the nubs are pretty solid sticks...if that is what you can actually call them. i'm excited for pretty much everything coming in.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cigarmonkey:
    .. and a Nub. just cause i've heard the nubs are pretty solid sticks...if that is what you can actually call them.
    the connecticut is the best IMHO.
    not sure where you are in your cigar journy but you may notice that the nub is the same from start to finish. if you are looking for a complex cigar then you may be let down a bit. if you dont mind it being all the same (though a very good "all the same") then you should be very happy with them. I have found that i enjoy nubs more when i am talking with friends than when all i have to do is sit around and think about the cigar.
    ...good thing they are inexpensive enough to share with friends and start up a conversation.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521

What happens when you try to buy one cigar from a BOTL. They send 5, and you end up looking like Saving Private Ryan.
  • Options
    docbp87:

What happens when you try to buy one cigar from a BOTL. They send 5, and you end up looking like Saving Private Ryan.
    Man, I love those Fuente Fuentes...lucky catch...looks like an Anejo in there too
  • Options
    Nick2021:
    docbp87:

Man, I love those Fuente Fuentes...lucky catch...looks like an Anejo in there too
    Yep. FFOX DC, Anejo 46, FFOX Super Beli, FFOX FF, FFOX Double Robo. Drooling still.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Legend
    Gurkha Havana Legend
    Gurkha Vintage Shaggy
    2 Gurkha Art Deco
    and a huge crystal ashtray

Thanks for everything, Joeyjoe! I decided to buy the Art Decos that this BORK had lying around and he throws in 3 extras and his late grandmother's ashtray because he heard that I had nothing but a flowerpot. Great BORK!
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    just got my 2 Armada's. They are rock solid monsters!
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    man o war double corona image
  • Options
    Snagged these rare guys up...two Camacho 2004 Liberty Amendments in coffins image
  • Options
    ellinas:
    Nice pick-up :)
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    Nick2021:
    ellinas:
    these won't last long....i'm giving 11 to someone else...and 5 to a friend......but thanks and it was my first box purchase....i couldn't stop staring at it......
  • Options
    Top Tier Christmas Sampler.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    ellinas:
    Nick2021:
    ellinas:
    i couldn't stop staring at it......
    ahhhh yes, a full box of cigars is certainly a site to take in!
  • Options
    Well, looks like I ended up buying a couple of stuff...Box of Zino Embassy, 2 Davidoff Culebras, and some singles. almost bought a box of LP T52 Piggies and some AF Between the lines...had to hold off though with X-Mas lol...wondering if I should've pulled the trigger on the piggies... image
  • Options
    Two more packages came in today...got my second box of Tatuaje Barclay Rex Limiteds and a fver consisting of Frank and some ISOMS :) Only have two packages outstanding now imageimage
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Two more packages came in today...got my second box of Tatuaje Barclay Rex Limiteds and a fver consisting of Frank and some ISOMS :) Only have two packages outstanding now imageimage
    Holy crap man!! If you're interested in a trade for one of those Tat Barclays just let me know!!! I'll come up with something to swap with ya!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Holy crap man!! If you're interested in a trade for one of those Tat Barclays just let me know!!! I'll come up with something to swap with ya!
    Don't think that'd be an issue puro, shoot me a PM and will get back with you tomorrow...hungry and going to eat then to sleep LOL
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    MOW Armada, now resting in my humi for summer!!
  • Options
    got my top tier sampler yesterday and two more mow armadas and two tat blacks i rly wanna smoke 1 of the armadas and the tat blacks but im stashing them right now anyone smoked either of them?
  • Options
    Christian_Sapp:
    got my top tier sampler yesterday and two more mow armadas and two tat blacks i rly wanna smoke 1 of the armadas and the tat blacks but im stashing them right now anyone smoked either of them?
    The Tatuaje Blacks get really good with some time on them.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's package is a box of A. Fernandez Signature Salomon, 1 Gurkha Empire 6 Pack Sampler, 1 PA Broadleaf Sampler, 1 Oliva Top Ten Sampler.
  • Options

I got my new humidor from cheap humidors in yesterday. It is being seasoned as we speak.
    On a side note, thanks to Rad1964's thread on formatting posts (including picture posting)