Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @90+_Irishman
    Is there a worm drowning in it?
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL no worm, just pure agave goodness here!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    SO Jelly, LOVE the Satori smokes! Way to go!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    That's a new one on me, never heard of Satori.  Are they good?

• Options
    Lies!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Double post, don't know what happened.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Nice pickup Patty, enjoy but sorry you didn't get one of the golden tickets!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get a golden ticket either, and I'm running out of room to hide these boxes in my wine cooler behind the trays.  Looking forward to trying one of these.

I also picked up something to pair with my cigars, from all accounts something good.

Finally, I got in some coffee geek toy from a Kickstarter I backed quite a while ago, a ground coffee sifter that is supposed to make adjusting your grinder easier and make your coffee taste better by removing oversize boulders and undersize fines.  Jury is still out on this one, but it has been used in coffee competitions.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't get the golden ticket either  :'(
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Room 101 Papi Chulo HN
  • Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Usaf06 said:
    Didn't get the golden ticket either  :'(
    Mine should be here tomorrow.....I bet I got it 
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I got the golden ticket.  Willing to trade for opus x 
  • Options
    NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Picked these up at the B&M today!
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't either  :(
    But 10 awesome sticks to smoke  :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    What is this Golden ticket you speak of?
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nice pick ups all!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ditto, no golden ticket, but an excellent marketing scheme! 
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a goof on Charly and the chocolate factory lol  
  • Options
    It is...

Who is JW Marshal? James Wilson Marshall is the man who reported the finding of gold at Coloma on the American River in California, which eventually caused the California Gold Rush. Here's the story of how that became a cigar: On January 24, 2014 Logan and Seth "Big Tuna" Geise are Skyping and talking about cigars, as per usual. When they begin to discuss how cool it would be to make a cigar themed off Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. There are a lot of different names and themes tossed around, but they all sort of center around gold and the golden ticket. Then, one of them realizes that January 24, 1848 is the same day that JW Marshall reported the gold find. This unlikely coincidence led to the JW Marshall cigar.

And, speaking of Golden Tickets. There actually are Golden Tickets in a select few boxes! Yup, your box could contain Golden Ticket, but not for a factory tour. Your Golden Ticket wins you a 10ct box of the JW Marshall blend, in a vitola of your choosing! You get a ticket, you pick a vitola and you will have a box sent to you gratis. Note: It takes time to manufacture and turn around a custom request like this with the proper quality, that we all require. In other words, please be patient while waiting for this prize. lol  

• Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap, no ticket 
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭