Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

A Pass

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Maybe we could do a full-on box pass, and start it by everybody sending 3 stogies to the person who's starting it. He puts all the stogies in a box and sends it on its way. Each person along the way can then take out 3 stogies. Would that work?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I like that one. We'll have to consider that one some more and let it linger long enough to get a few people involved but it could be fun.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    This is fun. We should do another. When this one comes back around.
    Says the guy who is expecting a metric crapton of sticks when the pass makes its way back home :)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Maybe we could do a full-on box pass, and start it by everybody sending 3 stogies to the person who's starting it. He puts all the stogies in a box and sends it on its way. Each person along the way can then take out 3 stogies. Would that work?
    I want first dibs on setting up a box pass, get some miles on my ccom 20 count. I'd kinda like to do a blind box pass where I get to be the master of puppets, as it were, and tell each person who to send it to. As has been said, we'll have to see what kind of participation can be had in something like a box pass as I think we'd certainly need better than 10 people, preferably 15-20 to really make that work well.
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Aren't you guys listing puts and takes?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Capt:
    Aren't you guys listing puts and takes?
    kuzi16:
    there is a list of each cigar and the list price at cigar.com (if a cigar is not on Cigar.com then the MSRP on the producer's site is used ) this list is also posted in this forum. you get 7-15 people to get in on it. once the list is set the box goes to the first person. then to the next. you take out 3-5 and put in 3-5. all of about the same value. you post the takes and puts....
    i guess it was overlooked. i havent been checking on this thread because of this. i think its fun to watch wat people take and put even though i almost never participate in a box pass.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I can list my puts and takes if you guys want. Maddy didn't have that as one of the rules for the game.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Urbino, pm sent
  • Options
    bass8844:
    Urbino, pm sent
    Replied to.
  • Options
    Just so everyone's abreast of the situation, the package seems to have gone missing. The FedEx tracking # our mailroom guy gave me doesn't seem to exist in FedEx's system. I didn't see bass's PM telling me this until they had all gone home, but I shot the guy an email asking him to confirm that he gave me the right number.

If the package doesn't turn up shortly, I'll restart the pass. I'm going to feel horrible, though, about the stogies people (including me) had put in for maddy.
  • Options
    Tragedy averted. The mailroom guy sent me the wrong tracking number.

Bass, the correct one is in your PM.
  • Options
    Urb...message received and replied. Package should arrive shortly and I'll keep the ball movin
  • Options
    Just received the package today. Everything looks like it's in good shape. I threw in another for Maduro and Scrambler theres a few extra coming your way too. I'll get you the tracking # once in hand.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it made it, bass. I wasn't too sure for a minute there.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    bass8844:
    Scrambler theres a few extra coming your way too.
    Sweet, I'm looking forward to those new short-filler GoF's y'all were talking about a couple weeks ago!
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    bass8844:
    Scrambler theres a few extra coming your way too.
    Sweet, I'm looking forward to those new short-filler GoF's y'all were talking about a couple weeks ago!
    Didn't see any GOF's in there...but the package is definately on the way. PM sent
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Scrambler, PM sent with addy so you have it when you are ready to send the package.
  • Options
    Got it. It'll be headed your way shortly after I get it.
  • Options
    Got the package today. I think I've picked what I want to take, but I have another day to decide. I'll get it sent out again on Monday.

Bass, thanks for the extras!
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    i would like to get in on this if you all dont mind.
  • Options
    Just a heads up to all, I had a term paper due today, so I haven't made it to the post office to send this on, but I'll get it out tomorrow.

BTW, I claimed the Artisan, that things looks sweet in my humidor. Now I just have to figure out when I'll smoke it.
  • Options
    Somebody put an Artisan in? Wow.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know.

I replaced it with a Graycliff to maintain the value of the pass.
  • Options
    sounds like a great pass
  • Options
    Who's currently at the end of the list? Whoever it is, add Dias. He's got the requisite number of posts now.
  • Options
    thank you urbino
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Who's currently at the end of the list? Whoever it is, add Dias. He's got the requisite number of posts now.
    I think that would be btmisles
  • Options
    i guess btmisles post a message after you receive and i will send you my info to keep it going =)
  • Options
    I didn't mean to just issue an edict, there, which is how it reads now that I re-read it. I just meant to say I think we should include Dias. He seems like good people.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    No problem here. Maddy?