Home General Discussion

26 April 2014 - AJ Day (FTW Complete)

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
That's right, AJ Day. We've done it in the past with...lancero, corona, isom and Avo. Time to do it for my favorite blender. This Saturday, let's all light one up from AJ Fernandez. I will of course ask our usual reviewers Kuzi, Dustin, Martel etc to do a review. On Saturday, post your AJ pictures here. Whomever has my favorite picture will win an AJ Fernandez (and friends) sampler bomb. I'm also going to email Tim to see if we can get the DD to reflect this special day. FTW my friends.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RSVP requested.I'm in!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you officially become the fanboy president? Ok I'm in

Can we have a Litto Gomez Day? I say Cinco de Mayo is LG day... Find an LFD and get after it!
    According to Urban Dictionary, yes.A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh why not, if only every day was AJ Day, I am in
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in.
    CharlieHeis:
    I am in.
    You've been MOW PAwing FTW a lot as of late, yes? I may need to show you how fruitful the Dark Side is....
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    CharlieHeis:
    I am in.
    You've been MOW PAwing FTW a lot as of late, yes? I may need to show you how fruitful the Dark Side is....
    Yep, working on a Ruination now, though. I've been buying so many MOWs lately, I've actually had to make an effort to try other things. My humis are an unorganized mess, but if I organized them I would not be able to fit all my MOWs in my 100ct MOW humi. FTW
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't miss it for the world! By the way, FTW!!!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in in if I remember. :-)
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Ok I'm in. Been looking for an occasion to have my first MOW. Got a few that have rested long enough and that is as good a day as any to start going through my line up.
    Speaking of which. I got the MOW sampler, what would you recommend be my first? I also have the Armada
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I am in as well! AJ day it is! Should be just the day for me to finally try my reconquista
    FireRob:
    Speaking of which. I got the MOW sampler, what would you recommend be my first? I also have the Armada
    MOW PA
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    That's right, AJ Day. We've done it in the past with...lancero, corona, isom and Avo. Time to do it for my favorite blender. This Saturday, let's all light one up from AJ Fernandez. I will of course ask our usual reviewers Kuzi, Dustin, Martel etc to do a review. On Saturday, post your AJ pictures here. Whomever has my favorite picture will win an AJ Fernandez (and friends) sampler bomb. I'm also going to email Tim to see if we can get the DD to reflect this special day. FTW my friends.

I am taking a break from reviewing cigars and can't smoke either for bad cold but I will post two pictures of AJ's were never published anywhere. Since you are a huge fan of my friend AJ so I will post them here for you. One of them is AJ with his father. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
    photo imagejpg1_zps4428527b.jpg photo imagejpg3_zps3f3fac77.jpg
    Rip...I don't even know what to say. "Thank You" will never be enough, but it's a start :)Rip, in the second picture, what stage is the tobacco in?
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Does that mean I won the AJ bomb?..LOL I am kidding I do not need any cigars...I am over stocked. I am just happy to share them with you. Enjoy my friend.
    Rain:
    Rip...I don't even know what to say. "Thank You" will never be enough, but it's a start :)Rip, in the second picture, what stage is the tobacco in?
    Hahaha, the AJ cigars I would send you would be old news!
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Since I love AJ, I will certainly get in on this. I have an entire cooler filled with AJ sticks, mostly recons, armadas, pinoleros and MOW PA. Thankfully I have other coolers as well, as they don't all fit in that one.

If this gets delayed til after CFest, I can send you some great AJ pics as well for your collection.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Review obliged.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Rain:
    FireRob:
    MOW PA
    Habano or Maduro???
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Habano is my favourite for sure...maduro, not so much.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i will see what i can do. i work every day until then and i may not be able to get time on my only day off. been a difficult week.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i will see what i can do. i work every day until then and i may not be able to get time on my only day off. been a difficult week.
    I am out of internet range from Friday night until Saturday evening, but will certainly smoke something. Maybe a Diesel. Will post a review asap. The only thing that would stop me from FTWing would be allergies.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    That's right, AJ Day. ..... This Saturday, let's all light one up from AJ Fernandez......FTW my friends.
    Damn, I was under the impression that everyday was an AJ (FTW) day ;-)

If the weather holds up....count me in & I'll pull out one of the "big guns"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    inness
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    I will see what I can do. With summer coming so fast, life is starting to get busy.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm always up for an AJ-blended cigar. Hopefully, I can sneak out for one that night.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America