Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

17779818283

Comments

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • YaksterYakster herf wardenPosts: 20,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'd try a porter, Black Butte Porter if you can find it, to see how it pairs with a cigar.

    Barrel Aged Stouts go great with cigars, but they're pretty heavy and it can be hard to go back to lower gravity beers once you start drinking these bad boys.

    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Band Removal SavantPosts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys. I don't know much about IPA's and stouts, so this should be interesting.

    "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

  • YaksterYakster herf wardenPosts: 20,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I enjoy sours, got some great ones from Blue Oak Brewing here locally, but they're tough to pair with cigars, but quite refreshing.

    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'll admit it smells bad but it's a decent sour

  • Rdp77Rdp77 Curmudgeon in trainingPosts: 3,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That just seems like an oxymoron to me

  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 7,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Lol Rusty, I typed exactly that then deleted it and decided not to post.

    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis South DakotaPosts: 7,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

    Bourbon County Cola 2021. Not sure how I feel about this one. It's not bad by any means but it was nearly twice the price of the original.

    Post edited by CharlieHeis on
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Band Removal SavantPosts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't have a picture, but tonight I tried a Castle Danger Cream Ale while dining at a steakhouse. It was a good brew!

    "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

  • Cam_91Cam_91 San Jose / I-O-U a 5erPosts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hmmmm (not my pic)

  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9

    My LOL. There's great beer in WI, but somehow, it's the Spotted Cow the tourists go for.

    Edit: nevertheless, it's good to have you in WI, David! Now, get your asss here in June already!

    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 San Jose CaPosts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @peter4jc said:
    My LOL. There's great beer in WI, but somehow, it's the Spotted Cow the tourists go for.

    Edit: nevertheless, it's good to have you in WI, David! Now, get your asss here in June already!

    Hey had to try it on tap. Also had a great local porter but can’t remember name. It’s on the calendar as a maybe. I may be moving at that time.

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 San Jose CaPosts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @peter4jc
    @Jrflickster

    Any suggestions for other local beers I should be on the lookout for?

    If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wouldn't be much help, since I never venture beyond a 5mi. radius of home base.

    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster herf wardenPosts: 20,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I bet that FIBS @Patrickbrick or @IndustMech would have some ideas.

    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9

    @NorCalR1 said:
    @peter4jc
    @Jrflickster

    Any suggestions for other local beers I should be on the lookout for?

    Stubborn brothers

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CharlieHeis gave me a moon man from New Glarus I liked that better than spotted cow

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Probably stale by now....

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson
    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sign In or Register to comment.