Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

A friend needs your help- CONTEST

ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
As posted in GD, I have a friend that owns her own business called Friend in Cheeses Jam Company making jams and jellies in Santa Cruz Ca. The local Whole foods is running a vote contest thru June 19th where the winner gets a grant for equipment etc.. Right now my friend has to hand tighten every jar she puts out and its giving her carpal tunnel which could potentially shut her down eventually. Now I hate seeing locally owned businesses go under but especially a friend that I've known for decades being so close to real success achieving a dream she's had for many years.

So heres the contest: Go to Facebook and search for Whole Foods Market- Santa Cruz. and vote for Friend In Cheeses. If you dont have an account, get your wife, kids, whoever to vote for you. Every time you vote (you can vote once/day) come back here and let me know. Every time you get someone else to vote come back here and let me know. Each vote is worth one entry and on the 20th I'll total all entries and whoever generates the most votes as well as pulling an additional name from the hat wins. The winners will get a nice package from me (yeah, thats what SHE said) as well as a nice sampler from Friend in Cheeses Jam Company. C'mon BOTL's lets show what the cigar community (and this family) can do! Get some!!

EDIT AGIAN- Here's a direct link the the contest.

http://woobox.com/ta8riq

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I want your package, (that's what I said) I'm not sure how I'm going to keep track on who voted. I'm gonna see what I can do to blast this on FB though.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    You're the man D-Rey, thank you. I realize this is a lot of honor system but I know the character of the guys here. That's also why I'm doing one random winner. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    1 vote from me Eric
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done did it
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted. I am not in the habit of logging into bookface on a consistent basis, so a daily bump of this thread would be a good reminder. I hope she wins.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Voted, and blasted on my FB page.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Done
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done and done!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Got 'er done. But ya know, one of her competitors was kinda cute...
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Done and done... be cool if they won
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. You're already having an effect, pulling her into the lead. I'll keep bumping and reminding daily. And Kevin, cute only works if you live in Santa Cruz or plan on holding her picture with one hand. :)
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done!
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    1 more vote for friend in cheeses.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Done.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Another vote from me
  • Options
    C-LOVE:
    Another vote from me
    thanks Chris! I was just going to bump this and remind everyone to vote daily. She was behind until we got involved. You are making a difference.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Voted! no worries on putting me into the contest dude. I'll gladly vote for your buddy and swing by santa cruz w/in the next 2-3 weeks to try some for myself!
  • Options
    Ok guys. It's a new day and time to vote again. She's fallen back behind and needs help. Please go back a re vote. Thanks!
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Re voted
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are tied with those wimpy chocolate peoples.. 433 to 433... let's WIN this.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are up 1 now. Lets keep it going
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Just voted again, shes up by 6! Get to votin' boys!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Voted again she's up by 7 now.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done. X2
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    done diddy done.
  • Options
    Another new day, another vote. Thanks for the support so far, PLEASE keep it coming!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted. Get on em, they are in 2nd.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What am I doing wrong? I go to your link, I scroll down to "vote for your favorite vendor below", but there is nothing below. Is it just me? What do you see?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)