Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stressful Time (ACAP)

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain, before you get out of the Army learn about PTSD. It is a normal reaction to abnormal events. Pay attention to yourself and if you exibit any signs of the ailment go to the VA and get some assistance. PTSD is real and it can screw with you in many ways.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Oh...fine. ;)Plenty of things I won't miss about the Army, but most of the people and experiences I will!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    tryed to post a pict. I'll keep at it. Good photos Rain.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    &ltimg src="URL"&gt
    Insert the image URL between the quotation marks.

or
    [img] image URL [/img]

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    This one?

First Warrior:
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    yep †hats the one. how in the hell did you do that! thats me at nineteen years old
  • Options
    First Warrior:
    yep †hats the one. how in the hell did you do that! thats me at nineteen years old
    Your URL was to the page with the image.
    On the RH side of the page there are links. One says Direct link.
    Click on that link and it copies it, or highlight the link and copy it.
    Then paste it into the URL part.

If you click on Quote of the post I made with the image, it will show the coding.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    First Warrior:
    Paddy fields near Hanoi?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Quang Tri province in the highlands near the DMZ.
  • Options
    Ah, no hills in the background. Figured it was a little more north.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    This one?

First Warrior:
    Looks like it's hot out. Really hot. I m proud to say that I know that strapping young lad :)
  • Options
    Got my transcript in. Also got hooked up with an EMS station on post, looks like I'll be working on the ambulance for the next 4 months. Should be a great opportunity to network and meet people!imageYou know what? I also see that I'm getting old. In my mind, all the tests were on one day, but the sheet says it was three. Bleh!
  • Options
    Rain:
    Got my transcript in. Also got hooked up with an EMS station on post, looks like I'll be working on the ambulance for the next 4 months. Should be a great opportunity to network and meet people!imageYou know what? I also see that I'm getting old. In my mind, all the tests were on one day, but the sheet says it was three. Bleh!
    Rain, that's great to hear. Pray that things work out for you. Keep plugging.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    They rarely gave that test in one day. Used to, but too many people were doing poorly on whatever they took last. Good scores my friend. Good scores. Now that they've changed the test I'm still trying to figure it out, but that good old pre-2014 GED score report is fantastic. I was always happy if my students eked out anything above a 410 in math. 450+ was cause for celebration. Combine that with other scores pushing 600, and I'd be putting you in touch with college admissions and financial aid at local community colleges.

One more box checked on the Randy To-do list!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Got to sit through a college introduction seminar. Really basic stuff, but for someone that's never been to college it was good to learn. Difference between a 2 and 4 years University, public vs private etc etc. Also found that three JUCOs within 50 miles of me have Paramedic programs. Some have a one year that just gets you the certificate, but one has a two year that gets you your certificate and an Associates in Applied Science. Have to get all my paperwork in order to apply, but I also have to start brushing up for entrance exams.image
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Community Colleges are great, more laid back, easier to get around. Professor to student ratio is sometimes better. Maybe try and get what's convenient for you for location and classes. Make sure credits are transferable to other colleges.
  • Options
    The3Stogies:
    Community Colleges are great, more laid back, easier to get around. Professor to student ratio is sometimes better. Maybe try and get what's convenient for you for location and classes. Make sure credits are transferable to other colleges.
    Yeah, all three are Regionally Accredited.
  • Options
    Rain:
    The3Stogies:
    Yeah, all three are Regionally Accredited.

Outstanding, you've been doing your homework, get used to it, lol. My first semester I signed up for 4 classes, too many working full time and weekends. Homework about killed me. It was keyboarding class that was the worst of all I took, simple fist semester class almost got me, barely passed it.
  • Options
    I'm going to be in a similar boat. My wife starts LVN school in January. I get out in March, and will also will have to go to school full time (to get full GI Bill benefits) and work. Throw in two kids and...well, it's not going to be fun.
  • Options
    I went to night shift, 4-12, when I went to college. Better selection of day classes vs night. I used to do my homework after work when everyone was sleeping, get more done in less time. Actually I did some at work too. And your wife too, that's great, you 2 will both be busy that's for sure, head down and keep stroking brother.
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    You are going to be great :) I can just imagine you cracking jokes and keeping peoples spirits up when they are hurt.
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    You are going to be great :) I can just imagine you cracking jokes and keeping peoples spirits up when they are hurt.
    Thanks :) It makes me appreciate the time I have now. A few months a a few hours to smoke will be wishful thinking!
  • Options
    Been a long journey and it's almost done. Got some awards, but this one really makes me reflect on the last 7 years.image
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I think even though the last chapter in your book of life was great as you close it out and prepare for the next chapter is also is very exciting, and your chosen profession, is ever changing, and rarely going to be dull! good luck bro and take ever advantage you can get!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    Use all that you learned while working for Uncle Sam. Vets are a minority and you have major experiance. Put that experiance to work for yourself and your family. All the best in the coming year Randy.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seen this thread.. First I would like to thank you so much for your service.. Second do not let anyone dis you for having a GED. I do not even have a GED as I had to join the work force at a young age. I do however have 2 college diplomas that I earned when I was 25 and 26. And last but not least thank you for still wanting to serve in the field of saving lives.. I wish you all the best
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the medal! Nice to get good news this time of year while giving thanks for everything else!
  • Options