Stressful Time (ACAP)

124»

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Randy.....that's great news!!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go Doc. Celebration soon!!!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME Randy!! Impressed...good job!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    That is really cool, Randy. I'm proud of you, son.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's Randy, well done sir!
  • Options
    Well I guess it's all worked out. Got out of the Army, got a job and had a mass casualty training after 26 hours of work. Love it! I'm less stressed, happier and love my job...I'm truly happy.imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Well I guess it's all worked out. Got out of the Army, got a job and had a mass casualty training after 26 hours of work. Love it! I'm less stressed, happier and love my job...I'm truly happy.imageimageimageimage

You'll be missed, believed that. Congratulations and now I'm officially jealous of you :).

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good day.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I like the new facial hair, Stud! Hope it's all going well for you.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doc, looks like you have top tier equiptment to work with. You have an important job. Glad you are doing well.
  • Options
    I consider myself lucky. My plan to get out was not great, did not have much money in savings...but that was all secondary to the fact that I was done. I just wanted to get out and move on with my life. It worked out in the end, but I'm grateful to the man upstairs because I can easily see how bad it could have gone.Just waiting on my VA ratings now. I did a program that while you're on active duty they'll submit all your paperwork, that way the day you get out they can start your claim. I got out March 20th, and they're estimating Jun to Sep my claim should be done. If all goes well it could be before that...I'm on step five (preparation of decision) of eight. Could really use the money, since I'm supposed to have health insurance for 6 months after I get out but it was canceled the day I got out. Not worth fighting over.So, if sometime down the road someone else is looking to get out. I HIGHLY recommend the Benefits Delivery at Discharge program to expedite your VA claim. Have some money saved up, start your job search earlier than I did at two months out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and learn from my mistakes. I'd also like to thank all of you for the kind words, well wishes and bombs. You made a difficult time a lot easier.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    You handsome devil, you.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Look on your face in that picture says you made the right decision Randy. Sometimes it's good to get down to the basics again, makes what you basically have seem more important. Money isn't everything and it will come in time for you. Best of luck in your new life.