Home Non Cigar Related

Stressful Time (ACAP)

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    And now the proverbial wrench. Still probably getting out, but the Army is looking for PAs and flight medics, to the point I'm guaranteed a slot in flight medic school...ahhh...decisions.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reupping is a giantic step to take. Putting yourself in harms way goes with it. Doc, you got a family to figure into the mix also. Whatever your choice i wish you fair winds.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    How much more training would it take to be a civilian flight nurse? I took me 24 months to get my ADN in Nursing and just another semester to get a BSN, but with all your schooling and experience I wonder is there is some cross over program?
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
    "Dear Randy, Congratulations! The Office of Admissions has reviewed your application. You have been conditionally accepted for admission into Central Texas College."Ahhhh...makes me feel like I'm on the right track to making something of myself.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Good things to come. Way to go Randy.
    Good road lies ahead Doc.
    I have my first job interview scheduled for next Thursday! Excited and nervous.
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Good luck, Randy! I'm sure you'll nail it. If things start to go bad just troll the *** out of the interviewer LOL
    You will do fine. Remember the expanded life experiances us vets have give us an advantage. How short are you getting?
    March 19th, but should be free and clear next week.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Rain:
    I have my first job interview scheduled for next Thursday! Excited and nervous.
    im sure you will do great man, but as a formality I wish you best of luck. Glad things are looking up for you!
    Had a job interview last Thrusday with a panel of four paramedics...who actually treated me like a person. It was for sure different than meeting with crusty old senior enlisted men. I forgot I had a first name, or that I don't have to stand at parade rest..and I CAN put my hands in my pockets. I'm currently in the waiting area to get me DD 214.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Had a job interview last Thrusday with a panel of four paramedics...who actually treated me like a person. It was for sure different than meeting with crusty old senior enlisted men. I forgot I had a first name, or that I don't have to stand at parade rest..and I CAN put my hands in my pockets. I'm currently in the waiting area to get me DD 214.
    congrats bro and glad things went well keep us updated and best of luck Randy!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when I came back to the states. They did not give me my choice of assignments. Put on my Class As and went to the Pentagon. Some folks who were in civies made a crack about me being in uniform. They had been waiting for hours. The OIC came out saw me and in I went. I got posted to FT Myers, 12 miles from home and I lived off base. Clothes make the decision in sooo many cases. If they be casual then you be casual, if they be passin large amounts of gas you.....

Any way, it seems you may have hit it lucky.....MY VERY BEST THOUGHTS TO YOU and I hope you nailed it.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Rain:

Good luck!!
    Got a follow up call yesterday from the director of EMS. Said the panel of four paramedics recommend he hire me, so I have a 1 on 1 today with him. Good vibes please. I'm wayyyyyyy less nervous about this one then with the 4 on 1 panel they did the first time.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    You got this Randy!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Prayin man. Deep breath.
    One God, One Truth
    Hint. Don't ask for a Humvee and scarf.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Rain!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Thats my boy
    One God, One Truth
    A load off your mind. Do the citizens know what they are in for? Congratulations.
    jd50ae:
    A load off your mind. Do the citizens know what they are in for? Congratulations.
    You have no idea. To both.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Mr. Reds!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Randy!
    Way to go Randy!!!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    congrats bud. i still cant believe they let you medically care for people......
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats randy!!!!!

now it's time to C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E
    WOO HOO!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *