Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^You were up early Brad, noticed a problem with your grill, it doesn't have crusty stuff all over it, will you taste the metal, jk bro, looks like you are the the way to a fine bbq
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep it seasoned but clean. They outside has drippings running down it. It is also only a few months old. The one I dropped off at Patrick had more "crusty".
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Pulled pork man n cheese, pulled pork sandwich and creole shrimp potatoes

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one got the best of me, all 28oz. of it plus the broccoli. Got all my bad cholesterol for the month at once.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Damn dude, hammer down, I couldn't take on half of that
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Damn dude, hammer down, I couldn't take on half of that
    Take away the broccoli, and I'm good!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Mrs. reddog and I have a night alone! 

The Mrs. and I got a WHOLE WEEK alone!  With the kids at camp, we are eating very well.  Saturday we had our favorite shrimp salad. Sunday we picnicked.  Monday we had some Ribeyes, pan seared asparagus, and baked sweet potato.  Tuesday we had crab cakes.  Last night we shared a meal with friends.  I made roasted root veg with rosemary out of the herb garden.  Too early for the rutabaga, turnips, sweet potato, carrots, and parsnips to be homegrown, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shaun, I sure hope your cooking those beans in a cast iron pot/pan. It just wouldn't be Southern cooked any other way.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have oyster shooters in Ohio?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living in South Jersey where we are famous for our tomatoes & corn, so tonight it's corn on the cob, and fried maters. Yummmm. It don't get much better. Also found a great, easy way to do corn on the cob. Leave it in the husk and 4 minutes per ear in the microwave. It WILL be hot when done so use a mitt or something. Let them cool for a few minutes, then cut the bottom off where it starts to take shape, then hold by the top and shake it. All the silk comes off and you have perfectly cooked corn on the cob. If the ear gives you problem coming out then you may need to cut a bit more off the bottom or just slit the husk up one side.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Patrickbrick and @Rhamlin are coming up today and hanging out. Open space will be for atomic buffalo turds 

That was some awesome food brother. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
     atomic buffalo turds 
    Recipe please, I'm smoking a pork shoulder starting tonight and am thinking of throwing on some stuffed peppers tomorrow.  I'll have to make some mild ones for the rest of the family.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    I rubbed my butt this morning and will be starting the smoke tonight.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I rubbed my butt this morning and will be starting the smoke tonight.
    Hey now.  This a family-friendly forum, dontcha know.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Dont tell me @Yakster, you had to rub a wolfs bvtt
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    It was worth all the scratches and bites. 
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    It was worth all the scratches and bites. 
    ....You RoCK......
  • Options
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to smoke the wings first as an appetizer, then cook the meatloaf (bison and beef) on the smoker as well for dinner.  Roasted potatoes for a side.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    I'll be there in about 3 hours.  Thanks for cooking @Patrickbrick
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 1 and potatoes are done.  Wanted the potatoes done for the little 1s dinner.  I used bacon grease instead of olive oil.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.