Home General Discussion

3rd Annual Chicago Christmas Herf

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great times, I'm gonna miss those laughs where your face hurts. It really felt like a really, really long Vherf. Well the pictures prove I still got a long way to go.... Next year I hope to hit a hockey game and see more of downtown. Very cool city with some damn good pizza and beer.. Didn't anyone mention last night's special guest? Alex Svenson, the man, the myth, the legend from Cigar.com came by and hung out....very cool guy!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics...thank you for taking and posting them Justine and welcome to the forum! Good times this weekend fellas....Saturday night was much more mello than Friday night....well for some of us at least! Can't wait til next year....naw mean?
    Stubble:
    Y'all are gonna have to clue us in on the HOCKEY reference...and who is Chalupa Batman???
    I totally made the worse toast of all time...stood up to make a toast...didnt know what to toast to...so I toasted to hockey.....received a lot of weird looks and laughs...so I took my toast back!! Needless to say I wont be making a toast next year...HOCKEY!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Stubble:
    Y'all are gonna have to clue us in on the HOCKEY reference...and who is Chalupa Batman???
    I totally made the worse toast of all time...stood up to make a toast...didnt know what to toast to...so I toasted to hockey.....received a lot of weird looks and laughs...so I took my toast back!! Needless to say I wont be making a toast next year...HOCKEY!
    LMAO very nice!! Awesome pics and looks like a great time all the way around! Can't wait to see yall next year!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys started something with my wife. She spent most of the night last night looking at the sprint sale and shopping on the site! I believe you will be seeing her on the v-herf as well now. I believe her exact words where..."These guys just make you want to smoke a cigar and have fun?"
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are brilliant. I'm glad this annual event has grown, and it is such an amazing time. We had a good 20 people there on Saturday night, and Friday night about 15-18 depending if you count the different forum guys. The beer tasting was amazing, and the scotch, bourbon, and rum...The quote I heard a few times...you guys travel all out...

There were some great stories that came out of that night...from Curt being delivered to applebees in a Mail Truck, to Dyno-Mite..oh wait, to HOCKEY, to a proton pack, and Ethel...but, the stories are meant to stay at the herf, and I will leave them there. It was great to see a lot of you again, and the new attendees great to finally meet you in person. A big thank you to Alex for coming out.

Another successful Christmas herf has passed, and all i can think about as I stare at my computers at work is damn i wish it was last Friday. but anyway, Thanks again guys for making this trip amazing. Look forward to some vherfs.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
    Trident:
    You guys are brilliant. I'm glad this annual event has grown, and it is such an amazing time. We had a good 20 people there on Saturday night, and Friday night about 15-18 depending if you count the different forum guys. The beer tasting was amazing, and the scotch, bourbon, and rum...The quote I heard a few times...you guys travel all out...

There were some great stories that came out of that night...from Curt being delivered to applebees in a Mail Truck, to Dyno-Mite..oh wait, to HOCKEY, to a proton pack, and Ethel...but, the stories are meant to stay at the herf, and I will leave them there. It was great to see a lot of you again, and the new attendees great to finally meet you in person. A big thank you to Alex for coming out.

Another successful Christmas herf has passed, and all i can think about as I stare at my computers at work is damn i wish it was last Friday. but anyway, Thanks again guys for making this trip amazing. Look forward to some vherfs.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
    Well said Roman and a big thanks to you!
    Trident:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
    Amen and Sweet Baby Jesus!!
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    I know I don't get on and post here a lot but I had a blast with everyone in Chicago. Got to meet some new people and visit with friends. I look forward to seeing a lot of you as I travel and Im sure there will be more at CFEST. Until next time, I hope everyone has a good holiday and safe travels. Be Well!

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    As always, great people make great memories and experiences. Glad to see everyone is or has made it home safely.

For those new this year...hopefully the pictures of Chi-Herf 1 and II now make more sense? There are obviously quite a few stories behind each one that....well...cant quite be told, as you now know. So what goes on in Vegas....

Until the next time. Be well everyone.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I for one hated every moment of it. See you guys next year :)
    jliu:
    is it because your delivery bike broke?
    Trident:
    jliu:
    the flied lice fell everywhere! aiya
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    me so solly
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    Did you spill your dip?
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I must say that the friendship, camaraderie and overall great experience is something that shows that this group of BOTL's and SOTL's are quality people. I told Jim - Kingjk that next year we are going in on Thursday night. Thank you all.
    No_one21:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    Did you spill your dip?
    so nica spicy. yuck
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Tyland64:
    I must say that the friendship, camaraderie and overall great experience is something that shows that this group of BOTL's and SOTL's are quality people. I told Jim - Kingjk that next year we are going in on Thursday night. Thank you all.
    the extra day is certainly worth it imho. Just allows u to relax and connect....esp as the group has grown from the initial 8. In 14 hrs (noon at 8 to8) til 2 at casa and hotel just isn't long enough.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say I had a great time, seeing all u guys again, and seing several of my brothers for the 1st time was just unbelievable. Great cigars, great liquor, and great botl. I will never forget it. Thanks for everyone who contributed. And again. HOCKEY
    jliu:
    No_one21:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    Did you spill your dip?
    so nica spicy. yuck
    Your new nickname is "Dip"
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    No_one21:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    Did you spill your dip?
    so nica spicy. yuck
    I've been calling him that all along.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    No_one21:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    Did you spill your dip?
    so nica spicy. yuck
    Oh the look on his face as his lips began to burn away was priceless !
    quazy white people !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    curtpick:
    ddubridge:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    No_one21:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    Did you spill your dip?
    so nica spicy. yuck
    quazy white people !
    I can send ya some for Xmas Juinn if u like :)
    Glock1975:
    curtpick:
    ddubridge:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    No_one21:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    jliu:
    Did you spill your dip?
    so nica spicy. yuck
    quazy white people !
    I can send ya some for Xmas Juinn if u like :)
    you guys disgust me. now give me a f'ing lime-a-rita
    **** hell I'm having a **** week. Ok everyone go back to Chicago! I'm flying into Midway, Friday, around noonish. Who's picking me up?
    No_one21:
    **** hell I'm having a **** week. Ok everyone go back to Chicago! I'm flying into Midway, Friday, around noonish. Who's picking me up?
    Can we hang at the bar for 7 hours and watch football?
    Glock1975:
    No_one21:
    Yes but this time we go to one of the first class lounges.
    No_one21:
    Glock1975:
    No_one21:
    For got to tell u Sam, u remember when we were walking around the airport and seen that guy at the bar with the animal costume head sitting on the table, and we said wow that's weird? Here is why lol

check the link out

http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2014/12/19-hospitalized-at-furry-convention-due-to-seemingly-intentional-gas-leak/
    Glock1975:
    No_one21:
    Glock1975:
    No_one21:
    For got to tell u Sam, u remember when we were walking around the airport and seen that guy at the bar with the animal costume head sitting on the table, and we said wow that's weird? Here is why lol

check the link out

http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2014/12/19-hospitalized-at-furry-convention-due-to-seemingly-intentional-gas-leak/
    Oh yea I saw that article a few days ago and was cracking up. So glad we missed that.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961