top 3

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Ok here we go

1) Rocky Patel - Decade catapults him to the top I like his stuff withought the Decade he is 3 or 4.
    2) AJ Fernandez - Midas Touch Havent had anyhthing he has made and not enjoyed it.
    3) Oliva - Love the Nub and the Connecticut and others.
    4) RYJ - This is new to me, Of course Ive heard of them, but never had them. This may move into the top three in the near future.

Oh yes, what a diff a year makes.

So my new top 3 is/are

Padron - for their Anny series

Ashton - Loving the VSG & Cabinet

Tied:
    LFD - Loving the Airbender
    AF - Hemmingway and GOF do it for me!

Man, I really need to try some Padron.. What are the must-haves? I know I have a regular Padron in the humi I need to try.
    Padron I would try the Family Reserves 45 or 44s...haven't tried the 46's yet. 1964 Maduros

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    This is one of those loaded questions LOL. First, I am not sure I can pick three. Even then, I am usually so picky that I cant pick a whole brand but a blend within a line. Not only that, my favorites are always changing.

I am breaking the rules a bit but here are my favs at the moment. I am sure you can tell I favor the fuller bodied cigars based on my pics. I am also a bit of an AJ Fernandez ****.

My Current Top 10 Of Regular Smokes (smoke a few of each every week) In No Particular Order:

MOW Ruination
    MOW Armado
    Diesel Unlimited
    Diesel
    La Herencia Cubana
    Oliva Serie V
    Liga Privada #9
    Tatuaje Maimi
    5 Vegas Miami
    San Lotano Habano

My Current Special Occassion Smokes

Oliva MB I
    Davidoff Millenium
    Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario
    Once the Armadas I listed in my daily top 10 above which AJ sent me free for christmas run out I am sure they will be on this list as they are to expensive for an everyday smoke.

Stuff that finds its way into my rotation more and more at the moment are

Particulares (Tropical Honduran made at Racies Cubanas)
    AB Tempus
    Oliveros King Havano
    Casa Magna
    MOW Original
    Ave Maria (small ring sizes only)
    Cuba Libre One
    Cu-Avana Intenso
    La Perla Habana Morado
    RP 15th Anni
    RP Sun Grown
    Liga Privada T52
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    This is one of those loaded questions LOL. First, I am not sure I can pick three. Even then, I am usually so picky that I cant pick a whole brand but a blend within a line. Not only that, my favorites are always changing.

I am breaking the rules a bit but here are my favs at the moment. I am sure you can tell I favor the fuller bodied cigars based on my pics. I am also a bit of an AJ Fernandez ****.

My Current Top 10 Of Regular Smokes (smoke a few of each every week) In No Particular Order:

MOW Ruination
    MOW Armado
    Diesel Unlimited
    Diesel
    La Herencia Cubana
    Oliva Serie V
    Liga Privada #9
    Tatuaje Maimi
    5 Vegas Miami
    San Lotano Habano

My Current Special Occassion Smokes

Oliva MB I
    Davidoff Millenium
    Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario
    Once the Armadas I listed in my daily top 10 above which AJ sent me free for christmas run out I am sure they will be on this list as they are to expensive for an everyday smoke.

Stuff that finds its way into my rotation more and more at the moment are

Particulares (Tropical Honduran made at Racies Cubanas)
    AB Tempus
    Oliveros King Havano
    Casa Magna
    MOW Original
    Ave Maria (small ring sizes only)
    Cuba Libre One
    Cu-Avana Intenso
    La Perla Habana Morado
    RP 15th Anni
    RP Sun Grown
    Liga Privada T52
    Very cool.. Thanks for sharing. I have many of these but I will be sure to check out the others. Any reason you don't dig the larger Ave Marias specifically?
  • Options
    Any reason you don't dig the larger Ave Marias specifically? Not sure, I just find I am drawn to the small ring stuff. I like the larger sizes just fine but really like a small ring. In fact, the factory sends me a package every once in a while of all 5 x 42 cigars and it is a huge mix of MOW Original, Ruination, Armada, Ave Maria, La Herencia, Diesel Unlimited. FYI, the Armada in that little size is TASTY!! That said, I will smoke anything. But if a blend is available in a 4.5 to 6 inch length with a ring between 42 and 46 I will go right for it before any other size.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:
    Any reason you don't dig the larger Ave Marias specifically? Not sure, I just find I am drawn to the small ring stuff. I like the larger sizes just fine but really like a small ring. In fact, the factory sends me a package every once in a while of all 5 x 42 cigars and it is a huge mix of MOW Original, Ruination, Armada, Ave Maria, La Herencia, Diesel Unlimited. FYI, the Armada in that little size is TASTY!! That said, I will smoke anything. But if a blend is available in a 4.5 to 6 inch length with a ring between 42 and 46 I will go right for it before any other size.
    Come on alex get us a limited run of the 5x42 armadas pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jship079:
    Alex Svenson:
    Funny you ask, I have some coming. They are either 5 x 44 or 5 x 42. I forget which abdel told me he made but he said he was sending a few hundred sometime this spring. Wont be enough to put them online but will be some to sell for the BOTL out there and MOW fans.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    my current top 3 is kind of wonky....
    LHC OF
    A. Fuente (DC #3 and Hemmingway)
    any MOW (all)
    be interesting to see if my tastes change in 6 months or so, a super honorable mention would go to all things Drew Estates and yes I do imean Acid, LP's, and JDN's in that.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Normal old Padron Maduro does it for me. I have yet to try the 40 and 80 though.
  • Options
    So far, mine are: In no particular order, depends on mood. Padilla Miami MOW Ruination Rocky Patel Sun Grown I have the Enejo but they're resting and will have to wait. :( Notables are: Deisel Unlimited, 5 vegas "A", Padilla 1932, Vegas Miami.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:
    jship079:
    Alex Svenson:
    Funny you ask, I have some coming. They are either 5 x 44 or 5 x 42. I forget which abdel told me he made but he said he was sending a few hundred sometime this spring. Wont be enough to put them online but will be some to sell for the BOTL out there and MOW fans.
    are you going to let us know I want a couple for sure
  • Options
    jship079:
    Alex Svenson:
    jship079:
    Alex Svenson:
    are you going to let us know I want a couple for sure
    Will do. Lots of goodies coming. If you guys remember the la herencia cubana dos capas barberpole I discussed from one of my nica trips a few months ago, those will be making a weekend blitz appearance soon in mazos of 10.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Any plans to ever offer the normal MOW Armada, toro grande vitola, on a DD or some kinda discount? I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy a box at this point
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Alex Svenson:
    jship079:
    Alex Svenson:
    O wow! I recently got a few Double Happiness Samplers and cut them in half strictly for the reason of having a stash of smaller sized AJ blends like Ruination and Diesel, since they only come normally in thick guages! When these Armadas land I’d love to pick some up!!!!
  • Options
    GHausGHaus Posts: 74
    1. Oliva
    2. 5 Vegas
    3. La Herencia Cubana
    I thought this would be easier, but there are a lot of great brands out there.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Any plans to ever offer the normal MOW Armada, toro grande vitola, on a DD or some kinda discount? I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy a box at this point
    Unfortunately, you won't be seeing armada on special. There just isnt enough. In fact, I don't even have enough to make it part of a larger sampler. Only deal is the cigar of the month pack. Wish I bad better news.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Fuente Opus X, Fuente Anejo, La Gloria Cubana Serie R Maduro (the big ring guage one)
    funny how little I change. I would go :
    1. Anejo
    2. Opus X
    3. LFD
  • Options
    Fuente CAO Tatuaje
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Top three brands right now for me would be Fuente, Padron, and LFD, in that order. Davidoff and Tatuaje are not far behind.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 3 for 2010 have to be;

Camacho ( just bought a box of Triple Maduro Robusto and a box of the PE in the last month)
    Tatuaje
    DPG

I don't see much changing in 2011, we will see however.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I've probably only had around five different types of cigars so far but...lol

Gurkha
    Diesel
    Ashton
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    interesting. I usually have a hard time picking a specific blend as a favorite but i find that i can generalize better with brands.
    brand "x" may have 1 of 7 blends that i like but brand "y" may have 9 of 10 blends that i like.
    even if i like that one blend from brand X more than all of the blends from brand Y i will say that i like Brand Y better.
    My top 3 are LFD, Avo, and JdN. but my favorite blends (from THIS thread) are Davidoff Maduro and OpusX.

this is exactly what im talking about.
    my top 10 blends will be different in about a month.
    by favorite brands probably wont change for another 6 months to a year.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Top three brands for me (right now, cuz I'm sure it'll change by next week! LOL!):

1. Arturo Fuente
    2. Padron
    3. Tatuaje

This was hard for me cuz I have many favorites, but as far as major brands with many lines that I enjoy, these are the tops. I could smoke almost anything from these brands and be happy. My favorite cigar of all times is probably the Casa Magna Colorado Robusto, but I'm not a huge fan of other Quesada stuff, so it didn't make the top 3.......

If I had a number 4, it would probably be MOW or Diesel..... I like AJ's stuff a lot, but he does blend for brands that I don't care for like Padilla, for instance.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    1 padron 2 la flor 3 tatuaje
  • Options
    i never realized how many padron fans we had in here. I know people liked them but i never k new how much.

iduno why, but for some reason i just cant get into em.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i never realized how many padron fans we had in here. I know people liked them but i never k new how much.

the 1926 is the only Padron I like. at that price, it keeps me from being a fan. funny thing is, I'm not a Fuente fan, just an opus and anejo fan.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    kuzi16:

the 1926 is the only Padron I like. at that price, it keeps me from being a fan. funny thing is, I'm not a Fuente fan, just an opus and anejo fan.
    that is exactly what i was talking about above. it makes perfect sense. opusx and anejo are some of my favorite cigars but fuente didnt make the top 3 because of the explanation i gave above:
    kuzi16:
    brand "x" may have 1 of 7 blends that i like but brand "y" may have 9 of 10 blends that i like.
    even if i like that one blend from brand X more than all of the blends from brand Y i will say that i like Brand Y better.
    My top 3 are LFD, Avo, and JdN. but my favorite blends (from THIS thread) are Davidoff Maduro and OpusX.

this is exactly what im talking about.
    my top 10 blends will be different in about a month.
    by favorite brands probably wont change for another 6 months to a year.

maybe i should give padron a third shot. see if my palate has changed to include their blending style.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Yeah Padron is a real good brand. Not one of my top 3, but I've never had a bad one.

My top 3 brands are:
    1. DPG
    2. Diesel
    3. LGC

And on a side note, since there are so many LFD fans out there, what are some of your favorite cigars that they do? I've only had 1 LFD and it was a Double Ligero chisel about 4 years back. I liked it, but wasn't blown away at the time, and i just haven't tried anything else that they do. I'm gonna have to give them another shot and would love some recomendations.
  • Options
    Rocky Patel, 5 Vegas, and CAO. I havn't tried most of the cigars that are popular here yet. I've had about every RP and love most of them. Really love the 5 Vegas Gold and a 5 Vegas sampler will be my next purchase. Really liked the Padron 64 and the NUB camaroon and original MOW, but have not had anything else from those brands. Really want to try some LFD's! Someday.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    1) Tatuaje 2) Arturo Fuente 3) MOW
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    kuzi16:

sooooo good!