Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Really need prayers

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know I've not been on in a while, things haven't been to good, after a few months of my wife being sick/well/sick and so forth they've finally figured out what was wrong. Leukemia. So please remember my family in your prayers especially my wife Carla. Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sorry to read this news Ricky. Praying for Carla and for you and the family. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for y'all.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, sorry to hear that. I will defiantly keep ya'll in my prayers and thoughts
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    My prayer's go out to you, your wife and family. Sorry to hear this brother. Hopefully she makes a full remission.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and good wishes to Carla and you, Rick. May the good Lord bless you both with full remission of the leukemia.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear that Ricky, no need to even ask prayers incoming from the whole Jarman Clan!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying man. Keep strong
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you, your wife, and family, Ricky.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for all of your family Ricky.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that and prayers coming your way.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Damn, sorry to hear this Rick!
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    You got my prayers sir! Keep us posted to how things go.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this news, your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Thank you all. You've no idea what it means to me to know so many are praying for us. And I pray Gid will bless you all.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. My prayers for your family.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do Ricky our best go out to your wife.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Our prayers to you and your wife Rick.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for you and your family!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are thinking of you, praying for you and your family and here for anything that we can be Ricky, let us know if there's anything that we can do. We're a brotherhood and sisterhood here (for the SOTL), happy to help if we can don't forget :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Feeling really out of sorts. Had to leave her at the hospital in Columbus. Will be going back up on Friday when my daughter gets out of school. You know I always relished my alone time at the house now I just feel alone.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    ...... You know I always relished my alone time at the house now I just feel alone.

I can really empathize with you on this, Ricky. I've experienced it a time or two in my married life and it's kinda gut-wrenching...... But hang in there, Bro. We're praying and holding good thoughts for her and for you.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Sending you and yours good vibes and hopes during this difficult time.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, I hope all goes well.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Just a little update. So far my wife is holding up pretty good. On her 3rd day of chemo. It does really suck that she's stuck in Columbus but we've been going up on the weekends. I think this weekend I'll make my daughter drive so she can learn the route since I'll have to go back to the boat before she gets out of the hospital. This will be the last weekend I'll be able to spend with her before I go back. Thank you for all the prayers please continue to remember her.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Still praying for your wife brother.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping the prayers coming, Rick. Glad she seems to be holding up under the chemo.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick I apoligize that I didnt see this thread sooner....your entire family is in my prayers brother. We will be thinking about you!
  • Options
    Thanks Roylin. They started her on an experimental treatment today supposed to lessen the effects of chemo.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry Rick, thoughts and prayers. Columbus Ohio? Which hospital?