Options

The Bourbon and Whiskey Thread

Comments

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

See aLL this Pic, Anyone Pour'N???

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

****'s always throwing pictures... I just DiNk iT.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@Usaf06 said:
    Picked this up while at the beach the other day.

Have you tried their “chef’s collaboration “ yet?

Nope

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Local whiskey a buddy gave me. Didn’t think I’d be this surprised by it. Excellent when paired with a cigar, very very good!

Starts off very light, almost like a sauvignon blanc. After the pour and the first sip I thought “oh it’s light. Great, hardly and flavor”. And then came the fireworks.

This thing has three levels. Light and dry, white wine like > alcohol kicks in and reminds you it’s whiskey alright > blossoms into fruit and almost cognac like flavors. Then you throw a cigar in the mix and it’s heaven.

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@Cam_91 - I've always seen St George's Baller around here but have never pulled the trigger. I like their spirits in general. Maybe I'll have to pick one up at some point. Just WAY too much stuff on my list at this point.

• Options

Not all Whiskey but a few bottles from some of my more recent hauls.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

"An interesting American take, on a Japanese take, on a Scottish whisky."

https://youtu.be/oehO4nMNREY

• Options
    GrawlsGrawls Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decent $30 bottle

• Options

Its decent but not great imo

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw something at the liquor store today that kind of puzzled me. Corn Vodka! How can it be Vodka if it's not made from potatoes? If it's not really vodka, what is it?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    I saw something at the liquor store today that kind of puzzled me. Corn Vodka! How can it be Vodka if it's not made from potatoes? If it's not really vodka, what is it?

Vodka can be made from lots of stuff - Potato is common but Belvedere is made from Rye, some are made from Wheat (Grey Goose) and Ciroc is made from Grapes. I think the designation for Vodka is that it is distilled enough times (5 or 6) that it is considered neutral in flavor.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually very few vodkas sold in the US are made from potatoes. Most are made from wheat because it is so much cheaper. Tito’s is probably the most famous made from corn.
    Most of the “moonshine” you see in liquor stores is wheat vodka based. It only has to be distilled from grain and ran at a certain proof.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I learn something new every day 😁

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Anyone near Kentucky? Lol always wanted to try Peerless, but never able to get my hands on it

https://kentuckypeerless.com/limited-release/

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    Anyone near Kentucky? Lol always wanted to try Peerless, but never able to get my hands on it

Oh my!!! Want....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I don't think that we have anybody on the forum who lives in Kentucky or works in the spirits industry. Nobody comes to mind. Nobody.

It would be nice if someone like that came around.

• Options

Corona cigar just added peerless to their single barrel collection. I believe they will sell a whole bottle.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

@Cam_91 @Stubble that one is only available for pickup at the distillery at first. But what usually happens is they take a bunch of online orders from all over the country from people that have no intention of picking it up. I’ll make a couple calls and when the dust settles I might be able to come up with a couple bottles.

• Options
    edited November 2021

You’re the man!! Keep me updated @Rdp77

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    @Cam_91 @Stubble that one is only available for pickup at the distillery at first. But what usually happens is they take a bunch of online orders from all over the country from people that have no intention of picking it up. I’ll make a couple calls and when the dust settles I might be able to come up with a couple bottles.

That would be most awesome!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

@Cam_91 said:

Pre- order is open, but that might be useless for us

• Options
    LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

New to cigars but not bourbon!

Glad to find this section.