• Options
    LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Bib & Tucker 10-Year

Did you enjoy this?

I've not heard much about it.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ I'm going to revisit, but didn't enjoy the 10Year as much as their original.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my favorite whisky.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Probably my second favorite whiskey, or at least a top competitor.

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:

@Hobbes86 said:
    Probably my second favorite whiskey, or at least a top competitor.

I'm trying to work my way into scotch, I've not found one that I REALLY like as of yet.

Irish whiskey........I've had a few, just didn't much care for them a whole lot. The Jameson Cask series weren't terrible.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Tullamore Dew is pretty smooth.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@IndustMech said:
    Latest buy

This stuff is awesome.

• Options

@ShawnOL is right, @LuvBourbon, Tullamore Dew is pretty smooth. It might be a nice one to give a try.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

I started drinking this back in the 80's. It has long been my all-time favorite. Of course, back then, it was only about $18 at the Class VI. A dollar or so more than something like, say, Jim Beam. I like Jim Beam, too, but it's nowhere near Glenfiddich.

The thing was, back then, nobody was "into" Scotch. That was something old men drank. I figured those "old men" were on to something. Unfortunately for my wallet, everyone else finally figured that out, too.

Still my favorite though, and nowadays there's a larger selection available. Right now, for instance, I've been enjoying some The Balvenie's 12 year old double-wood. I just wish these things were still under $20.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I started drinking this back in the 80's. It has long been my all-time favorite. Of course, back then, it was only about $18 at the Class VI. A dollar or so more than something like, say, Jim Beam. I like Jim Beam, too, but it's nowhere near Glenfiddich.

The thing was, back then, nobody was "into" Scotch. That was something old men drank. I figured those "old men" were on to something. Unfortunately for my wallet, everyone else finally figured that out, too.

Still my favorite though, and nowadays there's a larger selection available. Right now, for instance, I've been enjoying some The Balvenie's 12 year old double-wood. I just wish these things were still under $20.

I agree, the price on Glenfiddich is quite high, my local stores have it at about $50. However, I have yet to spend any money on it as I always seem to get a bottle as a gift not long after running out of the previous bottle. I am a blessed man. :)

• Options

Something I got on sale. It is pretty good.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish we had a target

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hacd lunch at a place called Big Whiskey, checked there shelf and saw the had Bushmills Black Bush, so I ordered one. The waiters couldn't find it on the register, the bar tender said they didn't have it and the manager couldn't find it either. What you get for ordering something off the top shelf I quess.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woodford rye is one of my go to shelfies

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

Went to the liquor store today. No shock there, however, the prices on some of the htf stuff was crazy. First time ever I saw a bottle of old Fitz in a store. Bad news is he wanted 800 for it. ETL was 450. Stagg Jr was 300. Had 2 EHT's, one was 700 or some shìt. Eagle rare 150. Sazerack rye was 60 bucks. I went up and paid for a couple bottles and he says, I got a few good bottles up there. I laughed at him and told him I'm not paying above secondary market for bottles at a store. He laughed. Wanted to slap the **** out of him.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

@genareddog said:

@Usaf06 said:
    Went to the liquor store today. No shock there, however, the prices on some of the htf stuff was crazy. First time ever I saw a bottle of old Fitz in a store. Bad news is he wanted 800 for it. ETL was 450. Stagg Jr was 300. Had 2 EHT's, one was 700 or some shìt. Eagle rare 150. Sazerack rye was 60 bucks. I went up and paid for a couple bottles and he says, I got a few good bottles up there. I laughed at him and told him I'm not paying above secondary market for bottles at a store. He laughed. Wanted to slap the **** out of him.

You think that is bad, I just paid $15 for a case of PBR!

Get ya some Busch lattes.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

First rye, figured I’d go with a classic budget whiskey, gotta say I’m impressed, much better than a regular whiskey

• Options

i see those blue gills hiding

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Started with a couple Woodford Reserve Bourbons. Moving on to Johnny Walker Black. After a few of these I'll probably switch to Jameson. I've got plenty of rum in the wings if I get that far. Not drinking to relax today, drinking to get drunk. Having a bad day.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Find anything else at Wally World?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )