Home General Discussion
Options

FAVORITE DRINK/CIGAR COMBO

1235»

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I enjoy a Godfather with just about any stick.
    Also some fresh brewed Harrison & Crosfield Christmas Tea seems to pair superbly with a Connecticut wrapper.

• Options
    brettmanbrettman Posts: 34
    An Irish Whiskey especially Tullamore Dew and a lighter Oliva, like their Connecticut Reserve go together very well. One of my new favorites for sure.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like rum, either Flor de Cana or Appleton estates, and of course bloody marys. You can adjust the spice in the bloody mary to match the spiciness of the cigar.
  • Options
    A few folks mentioned Buffalo Trace, there is a single malt by them called Eagle Rare witch is quite good... Also they do make 4 other barrel proof antique whiskeys that if you can find pick one up right away , they make them once a year and are pure heaven 147 proof;)
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    My fav: Tatuaje Havana VI (red label) and an Amaretto Sour. The sour/sweet of the drink pairs incredibly well with the slightly sweet Havana VI. It's one of life's great pleasures. You seriously need to try it.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Oliva Serie Maduro...with a double shot of Gentleman Jack....smooth sailing!!!!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I see a lot odf postings with the sweet tea thing.. I like Guiness by itself, Gotta try these during the summer with a nice cigar...maybe a GOF.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Wow! This is an old thread brought back from the dead and it's funny how my tastes have changed. I can't even remember the last time I had a Crown and Coke with a cigar. Now I usually have either a glass of straight Maker's Mark, Macallan scotch, or occasionally a glass of red wine. I've really started enjoying scotch more often with my cigars. For a good red wine I have come to like Gnarly Head.
  • Options
    R_M_GR_M_G Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Hays:
    R_M_G:
    I happen to like an ice cold Mike's Hard Lemonade or Mango Punch with a smoke... as far as alcohol goes there isn't really anything to them, but the taste really seems to smooth things out... the citrus balances with the earthy parts of the cigar...
    Daaaaaamn....just how bored were you to dig so far and pull up this old-a$$ thread???
    I don't think it was a question of boredom, so much as consciousness... I'm pretty sure I was on here between 1 and 4am... I think...
    "...and in the evenings the men would be men. We would sit round the fire and share a drink, a smoke and old war stories that oft dealt more with women than war it's self. There were no fathers or sons, bosses nor hands, we were just men sitting round a fire."
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    R_M_G:
    Hays:
    R_M_G:
    I happen to like an ice cold Mike's Hard Lemonade or Mango Punch with a smoke... as far as alcohol goes there isn't really anything to them, but the taste really seems to smooth things out... the citrus balances with the earthy parts of the cigar...
    Daaaaaamn....just how bored were you to dig so far and pull up this old-a$$ thread???
    I don't think it was a question of boredom, so much as consciousness... I'm pretty sure I was on here between 1 and 4am... I think...
    As much as I'd like to poke fun at you for drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade, I can't bash it until I try it with a cigar I suppose. I do like a little citrus sometimes (like a vodka tonic with a lime) to balance out a strong cigar. I think the Mike's would be a bit overpowering for me, though.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    I like rum, either Flor de Cana or Appleton estates, and of course bloody marys. You can adjust the spice in the bloody mary to match the spiciness of the cigar.

mmmmmmmmmm spicey bloody mary's, very nice choice.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Try a Cask Strength II and a large Rockstar........zing.........
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    I usually enjoy a cigar with coffee (it's especially helpful that the warm beverage helps me bear the outside cold) and if I'm in the mood for alcohol I usually go with an armaretto and cranberry.