Home General Discussion
Options

Any chance of a summer Ccom herf?

NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
I see a bunch of you cool cats are headed up north to an awesome get together herf like you usually do in December. I bet it will be an amazing trip, and good times will be had by all.  Unfortunately I could never make a December trip ever. I work retail and that's a black out month for me. Work would never give me the time off then to go enjoy myself.
I was wondering if there would be any interest in maybe a Summer herf, get together, party? Maybe something centrally located? Maybe say, in the Smokey Mountains? We could even name it... Smoke out the Smokey's herf. Do it around independence day and fire up some stogies while shooting some fireworks and there's plenty of moonshine there. Just an idea. Don't know if it's good or bad. I think it would be a nice addition to a BOTL calendar.
You guys enjoy the upcoming event. Take lots of pictures. Smoke lots of cigars. Maybe give this a talk. If there's enough interest I know people there and can start planning some stuff. Would love to hear back.
"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I think trying to get a summer herf together is a great idea.  The only problem with summer is that everyone is on vacation, and then you have things like IPCPR, and in the spring is CFEST.  you should come up and joint us for CFEST.  

Otherwise, please work on it, I'd love a summer herf, and i will do my best to attend
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken was doing some brainstorming along these lines on Vherf last Sunday...  May or Sept. in his neck of the woods.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Cigar fest is May, I think. IPCPR is end of July and Vegas makes me broke. So no IPCPR for me. Might attend cigar fest where is it held? August would be latest I could do a summer herf. September we are already busy in my line of retail.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    cigarfest is in PA
  • Options
    Trident said:
    cigarfest is in PA
    Duh that makes sence. I feel like a dummy for asking.  :s
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orlando has great weather year round. We should have a herf here.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    I just like the idea of smoking in the Smokeys
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we were kicking around an idea for a springtime herf. Not trying to compete with the Chicago gathering but thought it would be nice to have another opportunity to get together. 
  • Options
    In the grand ol scheme of things that would actually work for me. Ides of March or later speaking.... the later the better.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah for me March-July will probably be tough as that is my very busy time for work and the few times i get a bit of down time I am camping with family.  I would try to make it though.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So let's see so far it goes...

Nolagizmo. Yes
    Trident. Maybe
    peter4jc. Maybe
    Usaf06. Not unless it's in Orlando
    Bob_Luken. I think that's a yes
    avengethis. As long as the family can camp too.

Shaky so far, but looks like a good tenitive start.

There is camping, tubing, hiking, tourist crap, mini golf, real golf, fishing, bbq, AND MOONSHINE. in the Smokey's for when we are not herfing.  So I don't see why the whole family couldn't come.

Just sayin...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be down for a summer herf!! That would be great since that is non busy season for me. 
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I would be interested as well. I've been kicking around the idea of Chicago but I don't do cold very well, and don't fly unless there is no other way. 
  • Options
    Nolagizmo said:

Nolagizmo. Yes
    Trident. Maybe
    peter4jc. Maybe

There is camping, tubing, hiking, tourist crap, mini golf, real golf, fishing, bbq, AND MOONSHINE. in the Smokey's for when we are not herfing.  So I don't see why the whole family couldn't come.

Just sayin...
    Add in yes's from
    Lee.mcglynn.  yes
    onestrangeone.  yes

If I get enough I will organize some of it. At least 2 herf events and 1 bar event. I will yeild to better organizers if they "volunteer". Do the long weekend with plenty of self time too. But plenty of ability to group up, party down, and bbq required afternoon all family and friends requested.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we voting on location
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    If it's in June-August, it's a definite possibility for me.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    I hope not.

However it needs to go down that way.

Let's put up some options. I say the Smokey Mountains Nick says Orlando. Any other sugestions? Then put it to a poll after.
  • Options
    Nolagizmo said:
    Nolagizmo said:

Nolagizmo. Yes
    Trident. Maybe
    peter4jc. Maybe

Just sayin...
    Add in yes's from
    Lee.mcglynn.  yes
    onestrangeone.  yes

If I get enough I will organize some of it. At least 2 herf events and 1 bar event. I will yeild to better organizers if they "volunteer". Do the long weekend with plenty of self time too. But plenty of ability to group up, party down, and bbq required afternoon all family and friends requested.
    Add SleevePlz
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Vegas!
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    Vegas!
    Too far for me travel...........
  • Options
    Ipcpr is Vegas make that it's own trip.

I like Tennessee because central location. Literally central with an east coast and central time zone.

Plenty for families to do. (So I can keep mine busy while I hang with yall) 

Moonshine. Nothing else to say

Bbq. Nothing else to say.

Mountains = not so hot weather in summer

An adventure that sounded right at the time.

C'Mon let's do this guys.
  • Options
    bandyt09 said:
    jliu said:
    Vegas!
    Vegas no good.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09 said:
    jliu said:
    Vegas!
    Hahah you're so cute!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds cool  B)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I hear Denver is nice in the summer...
  • Options
    pelirrojo said:
    I hear Denver is nice in the summer...
    I hear it's nice year round in Denver.

Don't they smoke those funny cigars there?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Usaf06 said:
    I hope not.

However it needs to go down that way.

Let's put up some options. I say the Smokey Mountains Nick says Orlando. Any other sugestions? Then put it to a poll after.
    It's summer 9/12 months in So Cali. Just sayin 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say Saskatchewan in February. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Ok. Maybe the vote thing was a bad idea.

Let's see if anyone wants to hang out in the Smokey's and smoke some stogies maybe drink a bunch and do some cool stuff. Sometime late summer.  :s
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Todd's house?