Home General Discussion
Options

Any chance of a summer Ccom herf?

Comments

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Todd live in the smokeys?
     :p 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love TN and would be down, if my family buys in. Will be a decision made much closer to the actual event.  So I can't vote on anything as I will always be 50/50, but I think it would be great to have a mid year herf. Keep it rolling Mike. Just keep it away from FL  :D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    I will work up some details to post up after the Chicago herf ends. I think this could work out.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still Low 90's here in So Cali. Just sayin
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denver or Portland
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Denver the 24th and 25 and I will be there for sure as I have to work in Denver the 26th through 30.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    So I've decided to wait on attempting this till after the December herf in Chicago.

What I have decided is that this will only require a few commitments to pull it off. Also I think that the annual event if it does happen will have a new venue each year... to be decided at the current years venue. And the last thing is if I get to do the organizing for this year I get to pick the venue...  :p

To be continued...
  • Options
    So I put this up a while ago and I'm gonna be in Tennessee July 4th weekend if anyone wants to meet up and herf cool... I want to scrap this as an event and make it a possible meet up to smoke in the mountains. Instead I am going to offer up an event and get a great place to host here in my home town New Orleans. There will be a new thread in a second and any BOTL input is welcome. I will get a host lounge. Work for a host blender to visit and make it worth while. Depending on the group if I can swing it I will host a crawfish boil for BOTL to enjoy.... thread upcoming in 48 hours with date. Anyone interested at end of August let me know.

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Vegas!
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    Vegas!
    Too far for me.......
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reno  ;)

cheaper and cleaner than Vegas, and better odds
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:

I like Tennessee because central location.......
    LOL. Central?  Geography isn't your strong suit?  I get a giggle out of easterners who think that everything west of the Mississippi is another country....  :p
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not everyone, just California
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F'n Todd's backyard!!!
  • Options
    So it looks like I will be in the Gatlinburg area July 2-10. I have 1 botl joining me to herf 8th and 9th. It sure would be cool if some others want to show up. There's plenty to do bring the wife and kids. We can have herf time and tourist time. I like the idea of smoking in the Smokeys. If anyone chooses to join us for some moonshine and stogies let me know.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    pelirrojo said:
    I hear Denver is nice in the summer...
    I hear it's nice year round in Denver.

Don't they smoke those funny cigars there?
    I thought you couldn't smoke in Denver anymore unless it's a funny cigar.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess not, but they're trying. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bump.

Got 1 definate and 2 maybe/hopefully. 1 I wanna come if I can take the time off.

Any other bruthas wanna smoke in the Smokey's... trying to keep the thoughts flowing. 
  • Options
    BTTT

Just a guess that a lot of botl will browse the forum today so I thought I'd put an idea in a few people's head. The weekend after July 4th I will be up in the Smokey Mountains getting smokey with some stogies. It is plenty early enough to start planning if any others want to join.  Hope to see a few of you there, especially the ones that already live in or near Tennessee.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have my reservation for 3 nights in Pigeon Forge (as you know) and am thinking @Bob_Luken is somewhat serious about driving over.  Maybe @YankeeMan @MikeTodd @miller65rod @genareddog and @Glock1975can wrangle a day or two out of their summer schedules.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see if it is a possibility. My dad and I are still interested in the Field Trip to Honduras as well. It would be fun, just depends on finances this year from the new home purchase.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I think @Amos_Umwhat also lives in or around Tennessee maybe he could join us as well.The North Carolina mountains aren't far @First_Warrior maybe you'd like to join us. It would be cool if you can make it @MikeTodd
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Nolagizmo said:

I like Tennessee because central location.......
    LOL. Central?  Geography isn't your strong suit?  I get a giggle out of easterners who think that everything west of the Mississippi is another country....  :p
    It's not?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    I think @Amos_Umwhat also lives in or around Tennessee maybe he could join us as well.The North Carolina mountains aren't far @First_Warrior maybe you'd like to join us. It would be cool if you can make it @MikeTodd
    @Nolagizmo , hmm...sorry, haven't been ignoring you, lots of things happening here lately.  The guys I went through Basic Training with are thinking of something similar this summer, possibly quite near and same time.  If this develops, y'all keep me in the loop, definitely maybe.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun. Just let me know on dates to see if I can swing it
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any flimsy excuse to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. Let me know when and where... I will get there.

I like to swing my hammock at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruso NC. They have plenty of cabins to rent, a lounge with wi-fi, a pavilion for meetings, a breakfast in the pavilion, a bonfire circle, and plenty of chairs and gazebos beside the pond for smoking. Big steel rolling cages (aka cars), however, are prohibited, as well they should be.

I don't know of any lodging in the Smokies themselves. And that being park, smoking may be repressed by the nanny state. Tons of lodging in Townsend, Cherokee, Gatlinburg, and Maggie Valley. Been in all 4; stayed in Maggie Valley and Townsend; blew money in Gatlinburg and Cherokee. All nice. Watch out for dry counties in TN.

Lemme know for sure... I will ride there. Sopowa needs the air.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikie @Nolagizmo will be staying with inlaws in Sevierville.  I have 3 nights booked in Pigeon Forge (14mi. from Mikie's inlaws) July, 8,9,10. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Now we're talking!
    Dates should be 8, 9 & 10 of July.
    Come for any or all days.
    @peter4jc is already booked
    @webmost cruising on over
    A few others checking their calendar.
    I will be staying in Sevierville right by gatlinburg.
    Definitely worth going to any neibouring  areas... last time I was there I think it was Townsend I went to in order to go tubing. I am definantly going tubing 1 day this year too, it's cheap and fun. If enough come with bikes @webmost we will have to goto the tail of the dragon. Of course I'll be in a convertible I'm not skilled on 2 wheelers.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XLNT

Where's the actual herf?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)