Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

December Lottery

13»

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @webmost if you ever get out here, please ping @UseAsDirected or myself and let us sit a while with you in some cigar smoke clouds and try to pickle our livers with some scotch 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

webmost said:
    These wings came courtesy of the US:

To think I grew up watching Ditka play tight end, and now he's a cigar.

Spell check sux. Why is it you put down "USAF" and spell check takes off the "AF"? Anyways, this was from usaf06.

Nice wings.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jarubla said:
    @webmost if you ever get out here, please ping @UseAsDirected or myself and let us sit a while with you in some cigar smoke clouds and try to pickle our livers with some scotch 
    Might just happen, too. Need to get out there and visit the tots.

Only stumbling block is great-grandma's health.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    This is the one. serendippity. Check this:

Look what's right in the middle. It's called "Chillin Moose". Now, my grandson, he was a big lunk of a hid from way early on. That's why I nicknamed him Moose. Call him that to this day. That's why this Chillin Moose is perfect. I can just see that big six foot five lunk of a Moose chillin out on his balcony with a Chillin Moose. Our affable host here, cigar.com, sells boxes of them for just forty clams. So, as soon as I got home, I whipped out to my new cedar porch man cave and sparked this thing up. Just flavorful enough to be a good cigar and just mild enough for a young fellow who is not a practiced cigar smoker. I like it. Now I just have to score a deal on Maria Mancini's, and the young fellow will be all set up.

Thanks nolagizmo.

• Options
    1strange1 shot me this:

That little byoot at top left has got me all intrigued. Made by Roberto Duran.

Manos de Piedra
    Knockout.

• Options
    UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I hope you like the sticks sir! That 1915 is pretty sweet ☺
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy
  • Options
    It's amazing how many different cigars there are out there. I keep running into things I never heard of. 829? ban Legacy? How about this Kentucky Gentlemen? A mild lookin Churchill with a fire cured tip. There's one hell of an idea. From Mike Todd

I like that idea. You'd get just a mild touch of the fire cured under your tongue. I have some fire cured from my friend the Kentucky baccy farmer somewhere's round here. Unless I gave it away. If I can find it, I might try KY fire wrapping a tip myself.

• Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    It's amazing how many different cigars there are out there. I keep running into things I never heard of. 829? ban Legacy? How about this Kentucky Gentlemen? A mild lookin Churchill with a fire cured tip. There's one hell of an idea. From Mike Todd

I like that idea. You'd get just a mild touch of the fire cured under your tongue. I have some fire cured from my friend the Kentucky baccy farmer somewhere's round here. Unless I gave it away. If I can find it, I might try KY fire wrapping a tip myself.
    Those Kentucky Gentleman are a neat story and I enjoy them. My dad picks them up for me in KY. A gentleman there rolls all of them. The tobacco for the cap is aged in Blantons bourbon Barrels he gets from Buffalo Trace. I hope this newb got it right. I am still trying to roll my own. It sure is harder then it looks!!
  • Options
    MikeTodd said:

Those Kentucky Gentleman are a neat story and I enjoy them. My dad picks them up for me in KY. A gentleman there rolls all of them. The tobacco for the cap is aged in Blantons bourbon Barrels he gets from Buffalo Trace. I hope this newb got it right. I am still trying to roll my own. It sure is harder then it looks!!
    Bourbon? I took a peek at their web site and I got the impression it was fire cured baccy on the tip.

Yer rolling, Mike? I didn't know that. Or maybe I knew it and spaced out. Have you tried the FairTradeTobacco.com forum?

It should not be harder than it looks. It ought to be easier than it looks. Have you watched my youtube vids? I'm all up into simple and quick.

• Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    MikeTodd said:

Bourbon? I took a peek at their web site and I got the impression it was fire cured baccy on the tip.

Yer rolling, Mike? I didn't know that. Or maybe I knew it and spaced out. Have you tried the FairTradeTobacco.com forum?

It should not be harder than it looks. It ought to be easier than it looks. Have you watched my youtube vids? I'm all up into simple and quick.
    You are correct. The other KY Gentleman cigar wrappers are aged in bourbon barrels. That was the last one I smoked. I hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Some cigars are just real pretty to look at. 

Like this Headley Grange. And this whatchamacalit with the bearded face on white. You have to see the color on the band of this Perez Carillo in person. Just fun to admire.

Charlie Heis' package makes the last of the December lottery winnings. One thing this forum does, it drowns you with packages.

Lemme say this about that:

Somewhere around 3,400 posts ago, when I first hit this forum, one of the first posts I made, I remarked as to how I didn't get it, why guys were talking so much about their humidors. I remarked as how the only humidor I needed was the walk-in cigar room at the cigar store, just a quarter mile away. A few months later, I bought a hunnerd count at Cheap Humidors cause I thought I might want to roll some, and so I would need a place to age them. Right about then, a BOTL totally tricked my addy out of me. That's when the trouble began. Bombitty bomb bomb bang. It was like Dresden in forty-five. Didn't take me long to figure trades were no relief. Took me some time, tho, to figure out you cannot bomb these BOTLs back fast enough to winnow it down. Tried the Johnny Sotweedseed project with some success ... but that doesn't run but a few weekends a year. Found some other non cigar forums where I could unload some without fear of reply. But stix just keep appearing. One day the wife of a sail boating friend returns from vacay in Cuba with a box she picked up there, or a friend returns from Mexico with a bag, or I return from work and a motorcycle buddy has dropped by and left sticks on the garage workbench. It's nutz. 

I tell you tho what really doesn't help the least. I roll them ten times faster than I smoke them. Look at the total disaster as it all stacks up at this point:

The humi with an inset leaf and the cooler under it are both jam packed with premiums. The square blue ice chest on the left and the cardboard box on top of it are FX Smith's. But the blig blue chest on the right is all full of home rolls, the pine plywood box on the floor in front of that is my dry box, for drying newly rolled, the dark box right of that is the stash I am working on, Kuzi's rosewood humi on top of them is my stash of faves, the red chest is bags of leaf awaiting use, the blue chest atop that is filler ready for use, the beige one atop that is wrapper and binder ready for use, and then you see stacks of unopened bags with leaves -- those live in a big tote in the closet.

It's totally out of hand.

... and it's all your fault. You guys ... why couldn't you have just left me alone as I was with the walk in down the street?

January lottery ... count me in. BTW.

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davis, your post made me very happy. Silly to say, but I am glad you shared your setup. Makes me feel like a normal hombre. That this amazing passion/hobby/brotherhood with its accompanying camaraderie and classiness is the norm.

We Cigar folk are a peculiar folk, a good sort of people, giving, caring, sharing, hopeful, looking for the good in our fellows.

Yeah, I probably read too much into this BOTL thing. But most likely I am reading it crystal clear.

Long ashes, brother

Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post Davis
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always wished for back to back for other winners! Maybe January it will happen!
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davis,
    This warms my heart. When I grow out of newbdom I now have a role model. Goals will get you where you want to go.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."