Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

**** music trivia pass ****

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great song. Great band.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy shamoly I lost track of this thread. 

Do I owe anyone for this thread? Trying to remember!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We may need another clue...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    One of the best known riffs I believe. 
  • Options
    OK

Had to think of another clue

The name Frank Zappa is dropped in this song
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue on this one. The last one, I knew it sounded familiar, but this one is not ringing any kind of bell.
  • Options
    C'mon dudes! Smoke on the Water!!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Ah yes, one of the greatest riffs of all time, @james40
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Ok

New one

Sticking with Rock

'We had to find another place
    But Swiss time was running out'
    Deep Purple-- Smoke on the Water
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Send me that addy, Senor Puff. and TAG you are it. :)

-Jay
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Send me that addy, Senor Puff. and TAG you are it. :)

-Jay
    Did I mention I recently moved to Loon Lake? I'll PM the new addy.
  • Options
    OK... here we go with a new music trivia challenge. The answer is a song title.

Clue #1 - "Just show me where it hurts, and I'll tell you who to call."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost Busters theme song!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Haha!

Clue #2 - Versions of this song have been recorded by more than 20 different bands/artists. The most popular version was released in 1968 and reached number one on the British Singles Chart.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I might know the artist I don't know the name of the song

He sounds terrible and writes brilliant music

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Nolagizmo said:
    I might know the artist I don't know the name of the song

He sounds terrible and writes brilliant music

Nice! Let's make that...

Clue #3 - The author of this song sounds terrible and writes brilliant music.
  • Options
    Clue #4 - "Everybody's building the big ships and the boats."
  • Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellow submarine 
  • Options
    Devildog1 said:
    Yellow submarine 

Good guess... but no.
  • Options
    Clue #5 - Written by Bob Dylan. Made a hit by Manfred Mann.
  • Options
    It's on the tip on my brain. Something about an Inuit . . . 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
     Blinded by the light
  • Options
     Blinded by the light
    Right band... wrong song. :'(
  • Options
    Mighty Quinn 
  • Options
    We have a winner! Addy up!
  • Options
    We have a winner! Addy up!
    I guessed, only 2 songs I know that manfred Mann sang is mighty Quinn and blinded by the light lol
  • Options
    Inuit, Eskimo, Potato, Potahto...  :)

• Options
    Thought I posted clue last night don't see it now.  This is one of my favorite songs

Give me me the song title

clue 1 verse from the song 

"what the hell did I do last night? That's the story of my life, like trying to remember words to a song nobody wrote"
  • Options
    Coming your way, @Devildog1

9505 5114 4195 6014 3592 21
  • Options
    Clue 2

this singer songwriter is a former US Marine