Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

**** music trivia pass ****

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummmm.  No.     nice guess but no
  • Options
    Oh well... Did you get your winnings today?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Oh well... Did you get your winnings today?
    Yes sir, just checked the mail thank you very much.  
  • Options
    Glad they arrived. Hope there's something there you like. I haven't been around here for awhile, so don't have a sense yet for folks' favs.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a good handful to me
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Glad they arrived. Hope there's something there you like. I haven't been around here for awhile, so don't have a sense yet for folks' favs.
    I don't have any common sense, at least that's what the war department says. War department would be what I call the wife.
     Everything is just fine sir, couple I have not had or heard of.   
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Devildog1 hows bout another hint?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Elvis?
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I buy a vowel??
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    @Devildog1 hows bout another hint?
    Apologies been busy as crap in the real world

The singer song writer of this has wrote or co-wrote the number one hit. Give it away sung by George Strait

another verse from the song title I am looking for

"I took a trip across the country from Montgomery,  discover I'd been wrong for so long,  I thought it was the fame and the glory and the money, but all I've got to show is damn song"
  • Options
    Hello, by Adele? :)
  • Options
    If your looking for the singer of this song you will find him somewhere between Jennings and Jones in the record store. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTTT for the new guys to participate
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Here is what we have so far, 

Give me me the song title

clue 1 verse from the song 

"what the hell did I do last night? That's the story of my life, like trying to remember words to a song nobody wrote" 

Clue 2
    this singer songwriter is a former US Marine

Clue 3 & 4

The singer song writer of this has wrote or co-wrote the number one hit. Give it away sung by George Strait

another verse from the song title I am looking for

"I took a trip across the country from Montgomery,  discover I'd been wrong for so long,  I thought it was the fame and the glory and the money, but all I've got to show is damn song"

Clue 5

If your looking for the singer of this song you will find him somewhere between Jennings and Jones in the record store. 

Clue 6 & 7

The singer of the song title I am looking for had a top 10 hit with the song "the dollar and the high cost of living. 

He he also wrote "honky tonk badonkadonk"

surely someone besides me has to know the song I am looking for
  • Options
    Trace Atkins?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    Trace Atkins?
    Close but no.  Trace Adkins sung honky tonk badonkadonk
  • Options
    I have a feeling this could take awhile... B)
  • Options
    Devildog1 said:
    Wylaff said:
    Trace Atkins?
    Close but no.  Trace Adkins sung honky tonk badonkadonk

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

• Options
    It sounds a lot like midnight in Montgomery. But that is Alan Jackson.
  • Options
    Had to look it up. 

Solid dude. I like his music
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have seen it in color Jay
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Should have seen it in color Jay
    Very close
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ok I must be the only Jamey Johnson fan on here.  Song title is, "That Lonesome song".

Let's make this easier, who wrote the words to the Star Spangeled Banner?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TgzP6nSDyOs

Don't know how to put video here, not very computer smart, got it. 

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew who it was which is why I put what I did above
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    edited February 2016
    His stuff w/ Allison Krauss is damn good. Heard their cover of the Willie Nelson/Ray Charles 'Seven Spanish Angels' the other day. Damn good
  • Options

Frances Scott Key

And Allison Krauss does a great live show!!

• Options
    Guitarded said:

Frances Scott Key

Winner. Just need you addy my good man
  • Options
    edited February 2016
     Devildog1 said:
    Guitarded said:

Frances Scott Key

Winner. Just need you addy my good man

PM sent TY
  • Options
    Mike, it's your turn to post.