Home General Discussion
Options

Things I Love

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Sometimes we take the little necessities for granted. Sometimes I think about what life would be like without electricity, running water, a heating system or even glass windows in a house. Makes me thankful for living in the present day.

Not just in the present day, but in a first-world country in the present day!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Hearing my son sing hymns and Disney songs while coloring and doing puzzles.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Is that an actual tattoo or is it a patch lying on a tattoo??? That’s some amazing work.

• Options

Watching Pokémon cartoons with my six year-old son on Saturday mornings.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:
    I love that I needed proof of address for the bank here to set up an account and all that and and the boss lady said I needed to order something to get something addressed to me.
    So I did. $100 worth of cigars. 🤣🤣
    She said that wasn't what she meant, but it will work.

We don't believe that crap! You'll have to post up a picture of the package before we buy any of that nonsense. With the label readable in the picture, of course.

I'm guessing if we can get this property bought in McKenzie, you'll just have to come visit.
    Right now we're making an attempt at 30 acres just west of McKenzie.
    This property already has power, with a pole, trailer hookups and a 200 Amp service, which would save me a ton.

Nice! Watch the area west of McKenzie, it can get swampy in places. Cottonmouths abound. Eagles, too. Not to discourage you, there's also some very nice spots in the area.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:
    I love that I needed proof of address for the bank here to set up an account and all that and and the boss lady said I needed to order something to get something addressed to me.

We don't believe that crap! You'll have to post up a picture of the package before we buy any of that nonsense. With the label readable in the picture, of course.

I'm guessing if we can get this property bought in McKenzie, you'll just have to come visit.
    This property already has power, with a pole, trailer hookups and a 200 Amp service, which would save me a ton.

Nice! Watch the area west of McKenzie, it can get swampy in places. Cottonmouths abound. Eagles, too. Not to discourage you, there's also some very nice spots in the area.

The west area is where this is.
    It's before the swamp ares, luckily.
    It's on 190 between Gleason and Trezevant.

Fortunately, the fields are the lowest spot on the property and there is a winter weather stream through the property, so the flood plain is pretty good on it.
    It also has a pond I gotta clean out.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Excellent! I frequently ride down from Gleason through Christmasville into Trezevant just because I like the roads. 190 runs about 2 miles east of my place, and ends about 2 miles from Faye's house in a town called McConnell. I'm looking forward to it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Oh, and just a. tip, west of there is Skullbone and Bradford. They used to have concerts at Skullbone, but I don't think they're doing that anymore, if you're driving through Bradford just assume that you're on radar, Milan and Medina too.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited January 2023

@silvermouse said:

Well, that's legit, isn't it? I mean, if the doctors can't accurately assign the baby's gender at birth, how are the parents supposed to know the name? Maybe it's not the one he was "assigned". Same difference, right?

• Options

@0patience said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

BTW, if you go from trezevant to Milan and make a left on 45 towards Jackson, there's a little restaurant on the right, about 100 yards from the 70/45 intersection called "Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken ". As I recall, it's well worth the stop.

Luke Bryan made his tour bus stop there awhile back so he could get some chicken.

• Options

Lee’s is a chain I grew up with in Ohio and there are several here. In my opinion it has always been better than KFC.

• Options

Cool Hand Luke?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a great time.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

My wife teaching our six year-old son to play the ukulele. She is very patient and he is very enthusiastic.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

We had a great time, and the best part was the boys got to sit 10 feet away from a momma cow while she gave birth, and the business and was facing them. They watched the entire thing from the emergence of the front hooves to the whole calf coming out, and being cleaned up by the mother. Fascinating.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@Yakster said:

We had a great time, and the best part was the boys got to sit 10 feet away from a momma cow while she gave birth, and the business and was facing them. They watched the entire thing from the emergence of the front hooves to the whole calf coming out, and being cleaned up by the mother. Fascinating.

What were the most, interesting questions you got from them about it?