Home General Discussion
Options

Things I Love

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stubble, Nice goat you got there. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Stubble said:

Sooo….what?  Barbecue?

Just kidding, really.

(Kidding.  ;)  Nyuk-nyuk)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    I love how my crashed MBP is now working again. I called the local Apple store to setup an appointment to see WHY it crashed...Well after telling the Artificial Intelligence guy my serial number I was then surprised to be unexpectedly transferred to Apple technical support. Some how the OS crashed and failed to reinstalll all on its own...Was told the OS failed during an update but the problem is I have manual updates not automatic so that’s impossible...

The technician was very professional and helped me reinstall it, took over an hour...lots of weird stuff happened. Almost all my data was there on the HD still and it’s now as if it never happened. Except for one very strange thing my saved log of the report crash with everything that caused it to crash has mysteriously been wiped off my HD...It is completely gone...had some very weird commands going on “Prepairing to enable destruction”...”Disabling Security Procedures” along with 500 other things...I honestly believe someone attempted to hack my MBP....The saved system reportcrash log is gone/wiped...my MBP is so far working as nothing ever happened and the last person I talked to (not a tech, and a complete animal) after 30mins of complete rudeness said “if anything is wrong with your MBP we will send you a brand new one” I never got an answer as to WHY it crashed and doubt I ever will after practically being hung up on...LOL 
    Gotta Love it!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been a fan of Apple products.
    We have iphones for work and most of my crew hates them. 
    I once had to call them for a problem on my phone and it was never Apple's problem.
    It was some app. Even though we aren't allowed to install apps on our phones.

Had Android phones at work for years and never a problem.
    Get these iphones and nothing but problems.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    0patience said:
    Never been a fan of Apple products.
    We have iphones for work and most of my crew hates them. 
    I once had to call them for a problem on my phone and it was never Apple's problem.
    It was some app. Even though we aren't allowed to install apps on our phones.

Had Android phones at work for years and never a problem.
    Get these iphones and nothing but problems.

I honestly love Apple products but hate problems...especially with a 3.8K machine. All the Microsoft based products I’ve ever owned have been virus infested problems. Made the move to Apple in late 2009. Be all great till HD failed on old MBP but had zero problems with it till then. Just got this a new MBP about 6 months ago and with this recent unexplained crash and HD wipe of report does have me concerned...

The technician was excellent to work with, very polite and professional. The lady that called me for the follow up call was a rude idiot, who kept trying to make it sound normal and was spinning around my questions.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I am right and my wife is wrong.
    Reread Rule #1!!!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, after 30 years I was right 
  • Options
    Doing better than me.
    Since 1981, I haven't been right once.
    She has let me believe I was right a few times, only to use it against me later on. Oh wait, I finally married her in 1987, so if I was wrong then, it's her fault.  :D
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    When I am right and my wife is wrong.
    You were dreaming. It didn't really happen.  :D
    Sometime the illusion of being right is nice.  Let’s let him hold onto this one 😆
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willy_MN said:
    My daughters, sister and fiancé. Helping others. Music. Riding my motorcycle. Being outdoors. Intelligent conversation. Good whiskey. Good cigars. Freedom.
    This. This right here. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I love eyeing something for $300 and trying to figure out how to swing it, with all the other things that eat up money.
    Then seeing it on Facebook marketplace, craigslist or a classified for $50.
    And it's still available when you call.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:

Do you got it stump trained? 😂
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puppy kisses and the smell of babies. ( before #2)
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bum of the week thread.

Gotta give credit where credit is due.....The does work tirelessly at his craft.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog I believe you. 

BUT, word to the wise... us women don't care and let you men be right when it's not important Hahaha. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding my favorite mislaid lighter after giving my recliner chair some intimate deep probing on several occasions. It was in the covers of the bed for a few days.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Yakster said:
    Finding my favorite mislaid lighter after giving my recliner chair some intimate deep probing (full cavity searches) on several occasions. It was in the covers of the bed for a few days.

• Options
    Figuring out how to get my old, cheap, $50 Amazon Fire tablet working well again. Hard Reset followed by a fairly painless re-installation of the Google Play Store and I've got Chrome and Hangouts again. Still have to load up all my streaming media players, but that's just gravy at this point.

Before the hard reset, it would take hours or days to boot up.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Bo Derek movies!  Hey, what can I say?!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    attitude transforms reality once again, congrats, Peter.