Home General Discussion
Options

Things I Love

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always carried a small repair kit under the seat because I didn't ride 8 miles up the trail to walk back down.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puppy breath 
  • Options
    CRAYZ_HURRICANESCRAYZ_HURRICANES Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The U, the Yankees, and Lakers. 
    Girls, guns, gars, good grub, not always in that order. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The basswoods (or, Lindens, as they're also known in other parts) are in bloom right now and their perfume is filling the air outside for miles.  My nostrils thank you, Lindens, for giving me something I love.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    The basswoods (or, Lindens, as they're also known in other parts) are in bloom right now and their perfume is filling the air outside for miles.  My nostrils thank you, Lindens, for giving me something I love.
    See what I was talking about, @peter4jc?  Small blessings every day......  😇
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool, I like the flat eath projection options.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that... That was a mind trip....
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cut $30 a month off my cable bill because I called and said I was going to switch to another company. 
  • Options
    Just cut $30 a month off my cable bill because I called and said I was going to switch to another company. 
    Same here... upgraded my internet to a fiber-optic at a better speed, dropped two movie channels that sucked anyway, and brought it down from $155 to $120 for internet and TV.  A month ago the promotion I was on for two years expired and they jacked it up to $230.  Like you, I'm glad I called, and frankly, I'm surprised they came down as far as they did.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Same here... upgraded my internet to a fiber-optic at a better speed, dropped two movie channels that sucked anyway, and brought it down from $155 to $120 for internet and TV.  A month ago the promotion I was on for two years expired and they jacked it up to $230.  Like you, I'm glad I called, and frankly, I'm surprised they came down as far as they did.
    Yeah it never occurred to me to give it a shot since I already had the two year promotion rate. I read something that said if you call and threaten to switch to something else, then the company I use will try and match. I figured what the heck and called, now my internet is twice as fast (which I'm not going to notice since it's already meant for like 4 people to be using it at the same time), and the bill before taxes and fees is $110 instead of $140 per month for the next 2 years. 
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazy sunny Sunday afternoons when the grass has been cut and the laundry's done.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    I love how when you call a company and all their representatives are busy, they give you the option of a call-back rather than sit on hold for eons.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and "your call is important to us" 
  • Options
    And you need to pay close attention because their phone tree options have recently changed... 5 years ago when they made the recording.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A rainy day the day AFTER I get the grass cut at work.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the sun goes down and the bats come out, flying around eating all those damned mosquitoes.  Happy hunting    

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if this is an emergency, hang up and dial 911.  They used to let the stupidest people just die while waiting on hold with their dentist after getting shot....
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    And you are the 5th caller in line. Your estimated wait time is 45 minutes.
    Press 2 for English.
    Press 5 if you would like us to call you back.
    Press 8, if you would like to leave a message.
    And please stay on the line after your call to do a brief survey on our services.

Thank you.

*click*    dial tone.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    A good moonlight paddle with a long, bright shooting star flying across the sky as we paddle back to the boat launch ramp.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vine ripened tomatoes. Just harvested a Black Krim and had a over-the-top-wonderful tomato sandwich.
    This the first year that we have no tomato plants. Tradition here is sliced tomatoes, salt, peper on good bread with Dukes mayonnaise. I am missing it so much.....