Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The BEST ever

OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last week I  placed an order for coffee from @peter4jc  

WOW. I feel as if I have reborn. The Rwanda - Misozi this morning was ethereal. After years away from coffee and a lifetime of drinking it with more milk than coffee - I now know what I have been missing and seen the error of my ways. This was a great cup of coffee and I enjoyed it "neat."  

If you have not had his coffee  do yourself, your family, and friends a favor and go to The Excellent Cup  dot Com
Peter walked me through the process, helped me with my order and provided direction on how to get the most from a great coffee (He had roasted the beans the night before he shipped them) This will be a game changer in 2016.

THANKS again Peter

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <blushing>  You probably say that to tall the guys.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    If you have been keeping up with the "Nuts" thread you will see that it is the other way around. 
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    My Boss is a big coffee drinker, I showed him this thread and I believe he went in is office and placed an order @peter4jc
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered some the other day, cant wait to try it.

• Options
    C-LOVE said:
    My Boss is a big coffee drinker, I showed him this thread and I believe he went in is office and placed an order @peter4jc
    I was wondering who this Palmer dude is...  

Thanks, Chris!  I'm roasting and mailing his Wed.

Larry, yours went out Monday, but for some reason USPS is saying it'll take 'til Thursday to get from WI to IN - go figure.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm down to be (mind) blown...will order tomorrow. Any advice?
  • Options
    Rain said:
    I'm down to be (mind) blown...will order tomorrow. Any advice?
    It helps me on this end if you select "Roaster's Choice".  About 3/4 of the customers have had everything and like it all, so they just tell me a total volume, and let me surprise them.  But if you have a favorite origin or region, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to accommodate you.
  • Options
    This will change the way that you think about coffee! 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Peter, I drink Colombian at home and Hazelnut at work. I see you have a Colombian offering but what else would you recommend? I don't use sugar but do put some Coffee Mate in my coffee. 
  • Options
    The El Salvador that the lads got at the Chicago herf was well-received.  But that might be close enough to the Colombian to not give you the variety you want.  I have new Indonesian coffee from the island of Flores that I'm liking a lot; it's not up on the site yet, but if you order 2# of Colombian and leave a comment in the 'notes' section I'll know what to do.

Or, the Panama Boquette, Rwanda Dukunde Kawa Musasa, or Papua New Guinea Korgua would be worth considering.  It's really hard to say because each person's palate is different, and you saying you like one thing, say a Colombian, doesn't usually correspond to what a top-notch, well-roasted Colombian would taste like to you.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm going to order now. I would also like to commend you on the captcha you use. I wish more sites would utilize something like this. The existing ones are so antiquated.

If I do the roasters choice for 2 pounds, does that mean I get:
    2 pounds of 1 flavor
    1 pound each of 2 flavors
    1/2 pound each of 4 flavors?

• Options
    Hehehe...  I'm just seeing this now.  When your order came through, I jumped into action to beat the mail pickup.  I just roasted today, so your timing good sir is impeccable.

Typically, 2# of Roaster's Choice is two 1lb. bags, only because half-lb'ers cost more due to packaging (I actually hate selling half-lb. bags, but I have to).  But you've got 1# Uganda and .5# each of Mexican and Mokha Java coming your way, just because that's how the roasting session worked out... another reason why the Roaster's Choice option works well for me and the customer; if you would've specified certain coffees, your order would've had to wait until I roasted again, which could've been Friday or early next week.

Cheers, James!
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peter4jc Got my attention. Love coffee. Going to give this a try. How's the Guatemala?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Peter - Thank you sir for the quick turnaround and I'm looking forward to "upping" my coffee game. I can't wait until I look down at all the peasants who drink normal coffee..muhahahaha.  :)
  • Options
    @WaterNerd, the Guat is my best seller.  But don't tell anyone; what I have in stock has to last until next Spring when the new Guats start coming on shore. ;-)
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great customer service Peter! Come home tonight and Gena says you got some coffee for me! I wanted to surprise her and she was until she opened up the package! WOW! Thank you so much. She is now starting to understand why I like this forum so much. Can't say enough about all of you and can't wait to try the coffee and the sticks. Have only had one of them.
  • Options
    I so want one of those nubbers with my next order. Willing to pay!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oneisnone said:
    I believe you are taken care of on that end...hehe!!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Oneisnone said:
    Yup, Stubble the King of Nubberland has you in his sights.  But if drops the ball (which he won't) I've got you covered.
  • Options
    Life is good, yes?  @genareddog...  Cheers, ol' buddy!
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40 said:
    Peter - Thank you sir for the quick turnaround and I'm looking forward to "upping" my coffee game. I can't wait until I look down at all the peasants who drink normal coffee..muhahahaha.  :)
    James, you won't be disappointed. If you are, just bring it on the 16th, I'm sure I can find something to do with it  ;)
  • Options
    Never fear, Todd.  The Calvary is heading your way...

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Never fear, Todd.  The Calvary is heading your way...

This is normally where I would protest and say, really there is no need to or really you shouldn't, possibly even a I'm good, it's really the thought that counts but........

What I will say, HOT DAMN, because that is some damn good coffee.

Thanks so much Peter, I really appreciate it
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Oneisnone said:
    Yup, Stubble the King of Nubberland has you in his sights.  But if drops the ball (which he won't) I've got you covered.
    *Cracks knuckles* I got this.  I do need help with nachos please...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh... what are nachos
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tortilla chips and queso...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    peter4jc said:
    Oneisnone said:
    *Cracks knuckles* I got this.  I do need help with nachos please...
    Nachos heading your way.  Check your inbox.
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Ok. So just curious and this may be blasphemous so please bear with me.
    My wife and I enjoy coffee but don't drink more then one or two cups a day. We have since moved over to a Keurig and use the refillible cups that we put (gasps) folgers in.
    Would the taste from moving into a higher quality coffee be lost using the keurig? 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it would not.  I use my Keurig with Peter's awesome coffee and it is still delicious.  Maybe not as great as if you did a french press or did something along a Chemex but it is still much better than any of the cups you can get.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    No it would not.  I use my Keurig with Peter's awesome coffee and it is still delicious.  Maybe not as great as if you did a french press or did something along a Chemex but it is still much better than any of the cups you can get.
    Like driving a Ferrari with a donut spare on the right rear wheel. Kidding, yes you will notice a difference. We have not touched the Keurig (not that I used it much) since Peter's coffee arrived. Have gone full french press. Takes less than 5 mins each morning.