Home General Discussion

New to the forum

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another texan!!! dang you guys are taking over lmao. 
    welcome!!!

but you should get a bigger sock drawer too, just sayin.  ask DZR @danielzreyes ; what he knows bout that.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I noticed you haven't smoked anything Patel yet.  Try that brand, and if you have questions about it, have our RP Guru, @jgibv tell you all about his fav smokes.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Ok. Right there, that's what I'm talking about. I like that better than my cooler. I can see into it w/out opening the lid and watch them age! :)  Always something new to discover here. 
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I noticed you haven't smoked anything Patel yet.  Try that brand, and if you have questions about it, have our RP Guru, @jgibv tell you all about his fav smokes.
    I thought @youngryan216 was the RP expert.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember right they are both RP fanatics  :)
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a couple of the Iris tubs, hold humidity really well; I don't know how they fill up so fast, :-)
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:

Gibby was the Guru. Ryan was a Groupie
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Nolagizmo said:

So.... send my killer Ray Lewis rp to gibby not ryan? Will usps accept a scratch off or do I need a new box?
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Trying not to smoke everyday,  but just one stick, so now ever other day (budgets tight for an expensive new habit).

Maybe, I'm doing this wrong. I usually buy two sticks during my B&M visits and smoke them both in the next 48 hours. I don't have anything more than a sandwich sized tupidor, so I'm definitely not at the aging my sticks stage (you'd need sticks and I smoke the little I can get). So again,  maybe I'm doing this wrong. I've seen photos of guys w fully stocked humidors, but right now that ain't me (in the slightest). But, would be nice.

Also not married, so no issues there.
    The secret word is cigars! 
    Took me a minute to realize RP meant "Patel" ie Rocky Patel. Nope, haven't had one of those, nor a Our Father, Romeo &Julietta, Nub, Oliva, Illusione etc. Seen a lot of cigar vets smoking them at B&M, but again not me, but they're what I'm looking to move up to in time.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skip all those and go right to La Palina, tatuaje, crowned heads, Viaje, warped, and Caldwell. The illusione are good also. My father sticks are great and even better with age.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there Groucho. There are a lot of inside jokes flying around here. If we are hard to understand it's because of that, or we're drunk, or both. You are new to the game. There's lots to learn an and flavors to explore but remember to take your time and enjoy it. I've been at it a few years now and I realize that I'm a perpetual newbie. No aficionados, we are enthusiasts.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezra Zion, should also be on Nicks list, however you might want to budget accordingly.  Peter makes a great point about cas, however if your wife gets an email every time the card is charged more than $50.00 your just screwed, oh wait that's me.  any way nice to meet you, and good luck.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you studying to be by the way?
    @kswildcat

Government w minor in History
      (Pre-law)
    @Usaf06 @Patrickbrick
    I don't like you very much or more accurately my wallet doesn't.  How bout you put those sticks you'll mentioned in the mail to me and I'll smoke them with major pride. I can take a joke as well as the next guy, but what you said wasn't funny in the slightest. But, as has been said the forum has its jokers. I'll give you a pass this one time, but tread lightly around this tall Texan.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah me and Patrick are ****
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Yep!
    GrouchoM said:
    @Usaf06 @Patrickbrick
    I don't like you very much or more accurately my wallet doesn't.  How bout you put those sticks you'll mentioned in the mail to me and I'll smoke them with major pride. I can take a joke as well as the next guy, but what you said wasn't funny in the slightest. But, as has been said the forum has its jokers. I'll give you a pass this one time, but tread lightly around this tall Texan.
    They're high strung. And very serious. They would rather you skip 3 sticks and smoke 1. PM me you address I have to make friends and send you a sampler of 2.10 sticks. Jk
    I'll get you a couple of goodies.
    edited March 2016
    Yeah these guys are all a bunch of t-ur-d nuggets.  I just smoke premeprimepremes in my walk in humi all day

#GETNISHED

peter4jc said:
    I didn't see in either of the posts from those two where they were poking fun at the tall texan.  Lighten up, partner.
    Maybe Groucho was joking about being offended. I dunno. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAS isn't cigar acquisition syndrome??

:)
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    jarubla said:
    CAS isn't cigar acquisition syndrome??

:)
    Yes, the Merriam Webster has that as the primary definition, with a few secondary ones.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum GrouchoM, or the poorhouse maybe.  Lot's of good advice here, I learned so much from this forum myself, you came to the right place.  So many cigars to choose from but if you find some you like smoke them and try others as you go.  Before you know it you'll be crazy like the rest of us.  

For my 2c's worth; I'm a humi guy and if you go that route get a small one to start, maybe 50 to 100 count, season her and load up.  Probably never fit 100 in a 100 count humi, though.  Get a box of cigars you like and some you'd like to try, maybe some 5'vers of them, and load up the humi.  Now it's time to play.  Notice the difference in flavor after a month or so as they get smoked down from the humi.  Of course now I have 3 humi's going so if you think you may have a large stash the coolidor may be the way to go in the long run.

Main thing is enjoy the smoke in your hand.
    Nolagizmo said:

^^^^^^^

This guy gets it

Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome and insightful greetings, please know I was slightly offended, but really just displaying I know when something is a joke or ball busting  (no matter how gentle). I myself am quick with a joke and can go for the jugular if necessary, but for the most I'm a pretty stand-up guy in my own right. But, I know the difference between jokes, ball busting and downright malice.I actually got the joke, just a little blindsided.  REMEMBER  I  said "...my wallet doesn't like you...". So, I got his joke, just wanted to ensure he got mine. Also, you got to love a guy who admits he's a ****. No harm, no foul. He had his fun. I said my piece, we move on. Some things play out the way they do because that's the way they have to. Just here to be a good contributor, hopefully leave more than I take, learn and enjoy the forum.
    I realize this is beating a dead horse, but I'm still at a loss as to what you found to be offensive, or even 'ball-busting'.  Nick said skip those, and move right to what he considers his favorites.  Patrick said add the Ezra Zion to that list.  Plain and simple - where's their jokes?  Where's their ball-busting offense?