Home General Discussion

New to the forum

13»

Comments

• ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I have to agree with @peter4jc  on this, just see some favorites suggested. No jokes or ball -busting..............yet.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I realize this is beating a dead horse, but I'm still at a loss as to what you found to be offensive, or even 'ball-busting'.  Nick said skip those, and move right to what he considers his favorites.  Patrick said add the Ezra Zion to that list.  Plain and simple - where's their jokes?  Where's their ball-busting offense?
    I didn't exactly understand it either but I want to move on before this gets awkward. I'm guessing a few of our jokes hit him sideways and he pushed back just a bit. Right? I don't want to pick it apart. What we need to do is get him on the Vherf!!! Right? 

Groucho, just so you know, we are always, seriously, entirely, and without merit,..... joking.   

If someone on the forum  (Not you Groucho. This is just an example.) happens to be joking hard by pretending to be offended and really committing to their joke and I don't exactly "get it",...... then to me, they just seem really offended. So, on the forum, I have tried to learn to react differently than I would in a live situation where I have more to draw from.   On the forum, instead of assuming they are actually offended, I try to ALWAYS assume EVERYONE's joking. Way, way back I remember getting upset over some bullshit on this forum. That was ridiculous of me. (Hope none of you remember that.)  
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right, @Bob_Luken ...  he'll fit in this zoo just fine.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Way, way back I remember getting upset over some bullshit on this forum. That was ridiculous of me. (Hope none of you remember that.)  
    Oh... NOW I remember. What a **** bag! :)

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually joking too, I'm not an **** but Patrick is  ;)
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All y'all need to grow up and get you some Gurkhas. There's this great sale going on...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah shucks, just spent all my money on Roi-tans
    Usaf06 said:
    Patrick claims he is. Fair enough. You claim you're not. Hmmmm. 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you guys stop picking on the noobs.

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Gurkha last night. One of the drawbacks of having a cigar lounge with a full-service bar. I guess beer goggles work with cigars too.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it explode?
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

That's what she s................... oh never mind. 
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    It's all about perception.  Would actually send those guys a Davidoff stick apiece if I had access to such gems. Definitely, would buy them a glass of their favorite adult beverage in a pub. I took no offense and mean to give none.
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrouchoM said:
    It's all about perception.  Would actually send those guys a Davidoff stick apiece if I had access to such gems. Definitely, would buy them a glass of their favorite adult beverage in a pub. I took no offense and mean to give none.
    I think your heart's in the right place, @GrouchoM, so continue to just go with the flow. You're doing fine....

as an example, let me just mention that I have a kinda quirky, off-the-wall sense of humor that sometimes includes a bit of sarcasm. I've learned that sarcasm is very hard to detect, sometimes, particularly when it's in print and not verbal. People frequently think I'm pissed about something when I'm actually just joking around....  Some other guys are like that, too.....
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, take almost everything literally unless I make a special effort. A bit humor-impaired.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't no one joking here. I'm a Doctor/Surgeon. An a $$hole Doctor/Surgeon  
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Does that mean you're a Doctor/Surgeon who works on a$$holes or you're a Doctor/Surgeon who also happens to be an a$$hole??  

Inquiring minds want to know.....  :p
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not both?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Hahahah that got an agree, they must know me for sure.  This is true I am an ****, but I did not mean to offend you in any way, I hope to see you join us on a vherf.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Y'all gon make me lose mah mind,  RP here ... RP here !
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIKE!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up...
    You mean you still got your mind?
    Well hell I must be the only fool to have lost mine.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Bump - for the sake of any newcomers......  o:)