Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

March Madness Bracket Game

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
**Cigar.com March Madness Brackets Game

Simple March Madness brackets contest that we have done here for years.  Will be on yahoo sports and use their default scoring.

Buy in will be around $30 in sticks, nothing too crazy.  Your choice... Four 8 dollar sticks, or one 30 dollar stick...whatever.  We can all be reasonable here knowing that bundle budget sticks shouldn't be included.  Also, we all know Cubans list for $10 there---are not 10 here.  Likewise, Gurkhas listed as $20 msrp, can often be found for a quarter of that.  Be reasonable.

Payouts will be between the top 10-25 percent of participants depending on how many we have...to hopefully spread the fun to a little more than a winner take all type. 

Who ships to who will be decided upon first come to sign up. 

If you are interested please reply here that you are in, and I will PM you the invite link along with the password to join.  Brackets open up in a few days and the tourney starts in a week. 

Any questions feel free to ask, otherwise...let's all have some fun.

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in like a dirty shirt.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in please! 

and thanks for running this again @Vulchor !!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willing to donate once again  :)
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhhh the hell with it lol.....I PMed this to everyone as well.  Password is cigar...,let me know here when signed up:)
    OK........Myself, John, and Michael are signed up so far.   But since I, terrible with names, I don't know which of you guys is John or Michael.  Just let me know when you can, and cmon folks....lets get some more people in here.  Contest always works better and is more fun with 10 or more people.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in @Vulchor
    I'm showing up as Michael  
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get signed up
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
    Got it thanks! I'm John.  

Trying to change my bracket name to my forum handle, can't figure out how to do it from my phone...

Nola, US, Oneis-----awesome fellas......link is above to sign up.....gonna be fun.

May have been an issue....sorry for some of you.  Password: Cigar.......here is the link......

https://yho.com/tourney?g=21361&k=65345f5c15c343cb&soc_trk=lnk

Nola=Michael, Vulchor=D, JGib=John, CharlieHeis=Charles,

Not sure who Brad and Todd are and who hasn't signed up yet----sorry for being so dumb lol.  Let me know when you can.

Plenty more time to sign up and get a great pool here.

I'm Brad. Todd is probably @bandyt09
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Brackets are pickle now
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."

As it stands now----with 7 People, we would have winner getting 3 packages, 2nd place getting 2 packages. 

It looks like 2 payouts is what will happen in the pool this year...a little less than winner take all, but helps to spread the wealth and Im sure everyone will take care of those who do the bracket busting:)  Still time to sign up everyone.

• Gumby130Gumby130 Posts: 45
    I will play again

• Gumby130Gumby130 Posts: 45
    Can I get in
    edited March 2016

Got to click the link to get started gumbo me boy.... then the rest just happens
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'm in
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in I like to lose
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not? I'm in.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    About three hours until the Madness begins !!!!!!

And just a friendly reminder to get your picks in and save your brackets before 12:15 PM EDT today!

Nola=Michael, Vulchor=D, JGib=John, CharlieHeis=Charles, Avengethis=Brad, Bandy=Todd, Bret S=Bret, Gordon=Pelirojo, NickB=USAF........

Who is Noob & Sean?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    noob picks would be me.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we have the mandatory 12/5 upset out of the way already.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Friggin' Yale
    Upset watch. Could be another 5/12 upset
    Team O'Donnell FTW!