Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

An Influential City Panel Wants New Private Buildings to Provide Space for Homeless Camping

https://www.wweek.com/news/city/2019/12/04/an-influential-city-panel-wants-new-private-buildings-to-provide-space-for-homeless-camping/

They want new stores to basically build lodging for homeless to live for free.
    Well hell, let'd all go homeless and live in free housing.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will I get a free car, too?  And I'm going to need free TV, full access, and free food, and free clothes, and free secks, and best of all: FREE BEER!  Yeah, that's the ticket, FREE BEER!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will I get a free car, too?  And I'm going to need free TV, full access, and free food, and free clothes, and free secks, and best of all: FREE BEER!  Yeah, that's the ticket, FREE BEER!
    Once Bernie or AOC is elected it’ll be free **** for everyone. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the cockroaches using calculators so they don't go over $950 when they mob a business and rob it blind. 
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just make it illegal to be "homeless"?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ShawnOL said:
    Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just make it illegal to be "homeless"?
    In all seriousness, it's easy for me to be flippant, to take it all as a joke when it's not. Many or most of us have known people who ended up this way solely through their own efforts, or lack thereof.  People too uninspired (PC for lazy) or unethical (PC for dirtbags) to house themselves. 

However, that is not all of them by any means, and I hope that those who wish to get out of their situations will find help in these kinds of programs.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read today that as many as half the homeless have suffered TBI or some other form of brain injury. My wife's involved in several local homeless shelters and the folks in them are human beings but almost all of them are pretty challenged.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    As somebody who has been homeless and lived in a tent on the side of a mountain for a while, I honestly have no sympathy for any of them.  I know, that's not politically correct.
    I wasn't homeless because of drugs or any of that. I had to support my brothers and sisters, so I went where the money was and sent the money home. All because my mother was a drunk and addict. 

In this area, there are many who are capable, but either won't get away from the drugs, choose not to or just don't want to work.
    I know, I wouldn't know what it's like to addicted to something.
    I don't drink, because my heritage makes me inherently addicted to many things, alcohol being one of them.
    I make it a point to NEVER have more than one drink.Ever. Or I just don't.

People make choices and those choices can be change for the better, but unless they want it, it will never happen.
    Providing them food, shelter and things does not help. Only makes them more reliant on who is providing it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
  • Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like beer
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    I like beer
    I like beer too, we should hang out.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

For introducing the "Create a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair" (CROWN) Act

• Options
    webmost said:

For introducing the "Create a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair" (CROWN) Act

It is about time. I am so tired of all the sexist remarks from women about my shiny naturally curly fast growing beautiful hair. And the running of strange fingers through my locks has got to stop.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
     A little tolerance is a positive personality trait.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Took this photo when I was in D.C. a couple months ago.  Apparently the elected officials have banned smoking in the Tobacconists shop. 

I believe that this proves conclusively that our elected officials have absolutely NO understanding of the phrase: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".  

What has happened to our country?  

• Options
    Well, we don't want the non-smokers that go in there to have to deal with the smoke, do we?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

Banana duct-taped to wall sells for $120G at Miami art event

How many people could have been fed?
    How many abandoned or abused  animals could have been saved?
    How many cigars could have been purchased?
  • Options

New York man eats Art Basel banana that sold for $120G

What? No resale value? No appreciation value? 

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Vegan influencer eats meat for 30 days, shocks fans by saying she's healthier than she's 'felt in years'

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/vegan-influencer-carnivore-healthier

Years ago I read a very eye opening study about the subject.
    8 couples, 4 vegan and 4 not. All 35ish years old.
    With photos.
    You could look at the photos and tell which group they were in..

If I were given the choice between an all you can eat multi dish vegan meal and a good steak, I WOULD CHOOSE THE STEAK EVERY TIME. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit, but I can feel the difference when meat is absent from my diet for a period of time.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meat just tastes better.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Banana duct-taped to Miami art gallery wall taken down after crowds become 'uncontrollable'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/banana-duct-tape-miami-art-gallery-wall-taken-down-crowds-uncontrollable

Anyone want to bet on the political affiliation of the people involved?
    This stupidity just keeps on giving. Next I want to see some homeless taking over the gallery. Or masked (cowards) green haired involuntary celibates defending it with antifa protests.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Arizona man registers bees as emotional support animals

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-man-bees-emotional-support-animals

Please make it stop.......
  • Options
    Trump’s wall costs less than the Obamacare website.

Let that sink in.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    webmost said:
    Trump’s wall costs less than the Obamacare website.

Let that sink in.

...and it does more good, unlike anything obozo touched, which was all bad and cost every single one of us.....
    ...obozo was soros most successful "achievement"....