Home General Discussion
Options

Annual Chicago Herf 2016

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge said:
    Sad to say I will not make it this year. I will miss you all. Have tons of fun as always!
    Drew where you been and why don't we see you around anymore! Miss you brother!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Booked the hotel tonight. Can't wait.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @avengethis how's your Huckleberry jam supply?
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bigshizza I think I'm down to my last one.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, as an added bonus, if we collect $1000 for barry's kids with donations and auctions, brad will wear a special costume that goes along with his wife's make a wish of a pony...or a Brony...
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flights booked this morning! I will be there!  :)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Flights booked this morning! I will be there!  :)
    Yes.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alright y'all, give me a run down for the weekend.....  and what to expect.

anything planned for friday // friday night ?
    what to expect saturday // saturday night ?

and is there an actual b&m "event" with like reps and stuff  (aka will my boy NISH be there lol :D ) or is it just a big ol' ccom herf?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday everyone is getting in town. Friday evening at casa de montecristo. Saturday during the day some went to 8 to 8 cigars but i dont think the place is big enough for all attending this year so we will probably have to spend day and evening at casa saturday. Some time in between all that feed yourself. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of 8 to 8, they are one of the unlucky 13.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday night we all crash Patrick's house for a banger. It's tradition. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlucky 13?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of 8 to 8, they are one of the unlucky 13.
    Those are the B&Ms that will recieve the boxes of this years Tat Monster right?
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They receive the dress boxes of them.  Other retailers will receive the non-dress box.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Friday everyone is getting in town. Friday evening at casa de montecristo. Saturday during the day some went to 8 to 8 cigars but i dont think the place is big enough for all attending this year so we will probably have to spend day and evening at casa saturday. Some time in between all that feed yourself. 
    cool deal nick @Usaf06 ;  thanks for the info. 

so there's no "official" b&m event though, aka no chance of hanging with my dude NISH ???

• Options
    jgibv said:
    Usaf06 said:

so there's no "official" b&m event though, aka no chance of hanging with my dude NISH ???
    I don't know about Nish but I am inviting Kaizad Hansotia to be my +1 at the herf.
  • Options
    MikeTodd said:
    jgibv said:
    Usaf06 said:

I don't know about Nish but I am inviting Kaizad Hansotia to be my +1 at the herf.
    well shoot.  in that case maybe NISH can be my +1  :D:D

• Options
    I'm hoping that Kaizad will bring his newest alcohol infused cigar. I have heard that they are infused with a whole bottle of Stawberry Boones Farm.
  • Options
    Also, I am driving up on sat morning and not sure if I am staying for Sun. Casa opens at 8am so I will just need to know which lounge to go to in the morning.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE will have to see how many people are even close to being up that early after any Friday night shenanigans.  

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year saturday started afternoon
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Does anyone need a roomie for sat night? I'm going to talk to the wife about staying up there for the weekend.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    The best time is Friday morning. Run across the street for alcohol and begin...  hardly anyone in there. I come in on Thursday night. 8-8 is way too small-- brewery tour on Saturday afternoon and then to Casa at 4-5...I like to check out the local microbreweries for sho!!
  • Options
    I will be there Wednesday to Sunday. Tribeca is a B&M in Downers Grove, not too far from Casa if it is still open and anyone wants to go there before the herf starts. I will probably have a rental car if anyone needs airport pick up or a trip to the hooch store. I have family in Chicago ( Naperville) so I will be there early.
    Looking forward to meeting so many BOTL! 
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Liu Crew?
  • Options
    Myths and Legends brew pub looks interesting and it is really close to my favorite pizza joint Pappa Passeros! Being from the area I am picky about my pizza! Don't miss Portillos for a hot dog and an Italian beef sandwich! 
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to go to Passero's. Now it's just a little to far from home. What a small world. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293