Home General Discussion
Options

Daily Deal

Comments

• Options
    KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Murcielago toros are tempting.  I enjoyed the last one I had. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a lot on the sprint sale when I first started. My problem was I was willing to buy blind. Everything looked like it had potential. Of my blind buys, my results were half and half. Only half the time would I get something I would be willing to buy again. The rest were yard gars.  

Now, I can't sit there and watch it at all. I know a lot more about my preferences now and I have no patience to stare at that countdown. And it reminds me of money I spent unwisely. 

But thanks for the heads up on the new murcielago on the daily deal. I wisely grabbed that.    
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

• Options
    Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opinions on the Man O' War sampler on the DD today? I was gifted both the 52C and the Little Devil in the past...both pretty good smokes. Other than these two, I don't have any other experience with the MOW sticks.
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Man O War was a staple in my humidor when I first got into cigars and I still smoke a couple of them, mostly the Puro Authentico corona. You could do better and you could do worse.

Almost forgot about the Virtue. Solid connie for my money.
  • Options
    Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man O War was a staple in my humidor when I first got into cigars and I still smoke a couple of them, mostly the Puro Authentico corona. You could do better and you could do worse.

Thanks for the input, @CharlieHeis. I'm kind of at that point where, when I go back to revisit sticks I really enjoyed when I first started, that they are only OK now. I am by no means an expert in cigars, but I'm definitely starting to know what I enjoy and what I don't enjoy. I would imagine that to some extent this keeps evolving as we grow?  It is interesting that you mentioned the two that you did...been wanting to try both of these for a while.
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willy_MN said:
    Opinions on the Man O' War sampler on the DD today? I was gifted both the 52C and the Little Devil in the past...both pretty good smokes. Other than these two, I don't have any other experience with the MOW sticks.
    I pulled the trigger on it. The Armada is my favorite from the MOW line. At less than $4 a piece I think it’s a good value for regular/daily smokes. I find they need at least a months rest in my humi though.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CI has Crown Heads Mule Kick 2018 $80 a box ( only 3 left)

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought it too.  Side projects are very very good almost great.  Ruination is solid.  I bought the 8 stick sampler about a month ago for the same price and it was worth it.
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew D’s current special. In case you don’t get his emails.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew D’s current special. In case you don’t get his emails.

Must be a VIP daily deal 😂

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    The Guardian of the Farm Torpedo bundle of 25 for $100 is a very good deal. 

Really tempting
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    The Guardian of the Farm Torpedo bundle of 25 for $100 is a very good deal. 

Really tempting
    Auctioneer has a box of apollo for 114. Apollo much better size
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave in
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not to butt in, but... 
    Please describe it.  Strong?  More flavorful than most Conn?  Similarities? 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    Not to butt in, but... 
    So someone with more experience should probably answer this. But in my opinion it is slightly stronger tasting than other connies. It's barely spicy and it can go head to head against a lot of other connies that are much more expensive. I've had a few that were better like the My Father Vegas Cubana, the Caldwell Eastern Standard, or the Deliverance Porcelain, but it's very good in the morning due to its mild/medium nicotine levels and it can be had for $3 per cigar. That makes it very hard to beat.
  • Options
    I hear the 5 Vegas Cask-Strength aren't bad.

cc: @jd50ae

• Options
    Is the Drew Estate sampler a good deal?  

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty good sticks for three bucks. And the brick house is good too. Might have to grab some myself.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    ShawnOL said:
    Not to butt in, but... 
    So someone with more experience should probably answer this. But in my opinion it is slightly stronger tasting than other connies. It's barely spicy and it can go head to head against a lot of other connies that are much more expensive. I've had a few that were better like the My Father Vegas Cubana, the Caldwell Eastern Standard, or the Deliverance Porcelain, but it's very good in the morning due to its mild/medium nicotine levels and it can be had for $3 per cigar. That makes it very hard to beat.
    I've always assumed it would be similar to the Ave Maria Immaculata, which my wife enjoyed the smell of.  Will definitely try some day.  Been meaning to try a sampler that contains them.  Another good Connecticut i have enjoyed is the La Perla Habana White Pearl.  A good AM smoke.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Bob_Luken said:

Pretty good sticks for three bucks. And the brick house is good too. Might have to grab some myself.
    Thanks Bob the BH is pretty tempting too!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NorCalR1
    That's a pretty good deal.
    If I didn't think the boss lady would get the nut cracker out, I'd jump on it.
    But I've exceeded my allotment for the quarter. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.