Home Non Cigar Related
Options

WOW.....should change some minds.

Comments

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    600 an oz?  Jesus I'd own my own moon by now lol
    Ya stop by.  Free oz as  long as you're over 21.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thought I'd list a couple words and terms Mr. Jeff Sessions does not know or understand:

Freedom

Democracy

Majority Rule

Government of the people, by the people, for the people

Science

Truth

and of course

Justice

there's too many more.  

I'll be voting for anyone, of any party, that assists in removing this little idiot and stopping his headlong Trail of Tears march back to the 1930's.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about we try a different way of dealing with this?

Instead of calling the AG names and pointing fingers, we stop and think.  He is appointed to prosecute the laws of our land, all of them. He is not allowed to pick and choose which one, like the previous administration did.

Lets point the fingers at the Congress and the FDA.  Congress is the only part of Government that can make and change laws.  Make a law that says it is governed by the States and its a done deal, up to each state. 

Have the DEA remove it from the list of Schedule 1 drugs is the easiest way to fix the problem by any unelected official.

Telling the AG to not prosecute laws that are currently on the books is the wrong answer. 

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I  absolutely agree regarding the other agencies.  But it isn't working, either.  The DEA has been asked many times to do just that, and yet despite overwhelming and abundant scientific, sociologic, political proof that their position is based entirely on lies and propaganda, they'll not budge.

We have a long, long history of prosecuting certain laws, didn't start with Holder and Obama.

Ultimately, Sessions did, in fact, decide to choose this one law, I'm sure the Mexican Drug Cartels are dancing with joy.

Ultimately, it does come down to any one man, when choosing right and wrong, because the laws of men are always likely to be wrong, or corrupt, as in the case of America's Marijuana Prohibition, which has long been known to rest entirely on a history of lies.  

Or, are we to believe the testimony given to Congress; that if you smoke it you'll turn into a bat and fly around the room?  I think Sessions does.  

That bat testimony was accepted and used, what wasn't?  The testimony of the Head of the American Medical Association, who was told to sit down when he began explaining that cannabis was a safe and commonly used herbal remedy.
    Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    the high price of weed is a tax, is now and always has been. It helps insure docility amongst the populace and subsidizes our neighbors to the south and north. It's a plant, should cost $5/oz., the fact that it doesn't says a lot.

I am totally in agreement

make it legal nationwide or leave to each state

tax it like alcohol, price?  Well Saffron is legal and cost 90-125 bucks an oz.

I have no idea what marijuana costs these days, but that's a good start.

My only point is do not chastise the AG, point the finger at Congress, DEA and FDA, the only elected and non elected group that can change the law.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    the high price of weed is a tax, is now and always has been. It helps insure docility amongst the populace and subsidizes our neighbors to the south and north. It's a plant, should cost $5/oz., the fact that it doesn't says a lot.

I am totally in agreement

make it legal nationwide or leave to each state

tax it like alcohol, price?  Well Saffron is legal and cost 90-125 bucks an oz.

I have no idea what marijuana costs these days, but that's a good start.

My only point is do not chastise the AG, point the finger at Congress, DEA and FDA, the only elected and non elected group that can change the law.

I see your points, and have some sympathy with them.  Perhaps if Mr. Sessions hadn't boldly made statements like:  "Good people don't smoke marijuana..." and focused on this issue at the cost of other, far more important issues, it would be easier to let him off the hook.
    also,
    The "He was just following orders" defense died at the Nuremburg trials, didn't it?

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not ok watching Mr reefer madness destroy families, persecute sick people and lock up their caregivers all for his antiquated idea of what marijuana does and is.  Make no mistake, alot of families will be destroyed by him.
    If he's so all fired stupid as to think marijuana has no medical value in the face of overwhelming proof, then id say its time for him to retire. 
    This is nothing less than a personal vendetta.  He actually said he thought the KKK were decent people until he found out they smoked pot.
    Are you effing serious?
    I have a 5 year old boy that took his 1st steps ever, and spoke his 1st words ever because of marijuana oil.  Medical science could do NOTHING for him.  Think about YOUR son having 500 grand mal seizures a week.  Think about YOUR son at 4 yrs old and has never even been able to hold his own head up.  Think about YOUR family being split up because your state won't allow a medicine that WILL work.
    Should his mother just hope Jeff Sessions gives a crap about her son?

I suppose she can always write her congressman.......

He isn't a decent person, and I'll bet his mind would change in a hurry if he had a sick family member.
    He would consign this little boy to death with no more thought than he would swatting a fly.
    Then there's the fact that he stood in front of the Senate and lied thru his dripping yellow tooth.  I have a problem with that.
    It's funny how fast minds change when your one of his victims.  Or when your family is faced with an incurable disease.
    Don’t hold back Jeff, let us know how you really feel!
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m one of those that feel it should’mt be legalized, EXCEPT for medical purposes. My wife sure could use it, but it’s not legal in CT for neuropathy. Instead, she’s on 10 mg of OxyContin 3 x a day! That can’t be good for her! She hates it, but needs something for the pain !
  • Options
    I'm still not ok watching Mr reefer madness destroy families, persecute sick people and lock up their caregivers all for his antiquated idea of what marijuana does and is.  Make no mistake, alot of families will be destroyed by him.
    If he's so all fired stupid as to think marijuana has no medical value in the face of overwhelming proof, then id say its time for him to retire. 
    This is nothing less than a personal vendetta.  He actually said he thought the KKK were decent people until he found out they smoked pot.
    Are you effing serious?
    I have a 5 year old boy that took his 1st steps ever, and spoke his 1st words ever because of marijuana oil.  Medical science could do NOTHING for him.  Think about YOUR son having 500 grand mal seizures a week.  Think about YOUR son at 4 yrs old and has never even been able to hold his own head up.  Think about YOUR family being split up because your state won't allow a medicine that WILL work.
    Should his mother just hope Jeff Sessions gives a crap about her son?

I suppose she can always write her congressman.......

He isn't a decent person, and I'll bet his mind would change in a hurry if he had a sick family member.
    He would consign this little boy to death with no more thought than he would swatting a fly.
    Then there's the fact that he stood in front of the Senate and lied thru his dripping yellow tooth.  I have a problem with that.
    It's funny how fast minds change when your one of his victims.  Or when your family is faced with an incurable disease.

I don't remember if it was a public post or IM that I read about your folks the first time.  I remember the part where they gifted you a cigar or a few and how big of a deal it was for you as they barely have enough to get by. I read that to my wife as we sat watching some braindead TV show and we saw moisture dripping down the TV screen at the same time.

Please do not get me wrong, I am all for legalization of Marijuana. I don't want little kids being able to buy it  like bubble gun, but make it like beer sales and I would be 100% OK with it. 

I also think our current AG is a twit.  I just do not believe pointing fingers and calling names is the right way to get the problem fixed.  As the AG his job is to ensure that all federal laws are prosecuted correctly.  He should not be allowed to pick and choose which laws.   The law needs to be changed and we all should turn to our senators and congress critters to fix it.  Make/Change the law, it is a very bad one.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Show me the money! 

The Sessions ideology is driven by the lobbyists of big pharmaceuticals - make no mistake about that. And they spend tons of money convincing our elected officials that cannabis is the work of the devil. 

Reminds me of the line, “Dont confuse me with facts, my mind’s made up...”

Or maybe that should be, “..... My mind’s been bought...”
  • Options
    Waiting for Congress to act is exactly why states have started acting on their own.
    What he is saying to 3/4 of the country is that he just doesn't care that they voted for this.  My vote means nothing to him.
    They govern with the consent of the governed.   We shouldn't be at the mercy of 1 man with an uneducated idea of what a marijuana user even is, or what it actually does.

As for kids getting it.....the state routinely sends undercover into every one of the shops. They haven't yet made a bust, it usually ends with them going to a corner store and making a beer purchase successfully.   It's easy for the UC to buy beer, but no store yet has made a sale to an any minor.  It's pretty tightly controlled.  I have the state's fist up my arse all the time.

How successful is our AG going to be trying to stuff that genie back in the bottle? 
    How many lives and families will he destroy before we gain protection from him?
    How much damage can he do until he's stopped?  In the end.....

We Voted for this.

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in a state that legalizes marijuana for recreational use. Here is the impact it has had on my state:  The state generates almost half a BILLION in taxes from pot sales each year. In addition, drug related crime arrests are down substantially saving cities, counties, and the state another few hundred million dollars a year to arrest, prosecute, and convict marijuana offenses allowing them to focus on other more serious crimes.

Even though it is legal it is still harder to get than beer or other alcohol - the stores are all standalone stores, they ID everyone coming in the building (kind of like a night club), only allow one person at the counter at a time (or one per attendant), and they only take cash.They are also very restricted in terms of what they can say to the customer.

I've seen marijuana literally save lives and allow people to stop or reduce more aggressive medications. However, long term effects are not as well know as we think since most study participants used marijuana illegally and in combination with other poor lifestyle choices.

Just based on the revenues generated and the other cost savings (and knowing Washington's Governor and AG well) I can say that Sessions is in for a hell of a fight if he tries to enforce federal regulations. I don't see this as a bad thing at all. The fight will be good and in the end I believe it will reinforce state's rights.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Diver43 said:

I also think our current AG is a twit.  I just do not believe pointing fingers and calling names is the right way to get the problem fixed.  As the AG his job is to ensure that all federal laws are prosecuted correctly.  He should not be allowed to pick and choose which laws.   The law needs to be changed and we all should turn to our senators and congress critters to fix it.  Make/Change the law, it is a very bad one.

I would ask that my original statement be reviewed.  I understand exactly what @Diver43 is saying, as most of you will recall I defended President Obama from name calling many times, even when I disagreed with his policy.  However, I don't think that's what I did here.  

Had I been name calling, I'd have said something like:  Mr. Sessions is a moron, he looks like a Martian impregnated a goat, he's a beady-eyed bow-legged little monster, etc.

I didn't.  I pointed out that it seems to me, implied by Mr. Sessions speech, policy, and behavior, that he seems not to understand certain concepts essential to upholding the original cause of our country, freedom and liberty and self governance.    I stand by that.  

I also get that he has a job to do, but I don't think it's any secret that there's always a prioritization process, and a selection to be made concerning allocation of resources, as well as a burden of conscience to accept what's right and true, and the will of the citizenry.  

Well, I looked again and I guess I did call him a little idiot.  Ah well.

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Marty said "It's all about the money!!!! Bottom line.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee Whizz, and i used to make walking sticks out of the stems of my six foot plants.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Politicians...scapegoats, puppets, greed, power, all for money and reelection...
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally and from my experience dealing with politicians here in Oregon, I don't think that they will sit idly by and watch the Feds run herd on "their" laws.
    Right, wrong or whatever, these states voted for legalization.
    That is what this country was founded on. Majority vote.

I know some folks don't agree with recreational use. 
    But be aware that while you may not agree, some folks don't agree with tobacco use or alcohol use.
    Does that make them wrong? No.
    That makes it their opinion. 

My opinion, as Eric @Echambers eluded to, the tax revenue generated by states is pretty significant. Some states are down playing that the revenue doesn't really impact the state budget, but when states are bringing in $150 mil plus in tax revenues, it is something. It isn't nothing.

Then add the courts saving it compounds that money.
    I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with recreational use, because I don't drink or use drugs, but have seen the benefits for some people who use pain meds and they were able to drop all pain meds and are a lot happier because of it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, calalafornia is hoping to buy its way out of dept with pot taxes.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/helpless-only-treatment-their-baby-s-epileptic-seizures-was-illegal-n867626

I live this families pain every single day of my life.  the instant you step outside the "norm" social services shows up to destroy  your family.  nevermind this little girls seizures were eliminated, that doesnt mean anything to the govt.  Her life does NOT matter, forcing people to do what THEY say is the only important thing.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the legislature stepped up and did the right thing in this case. Keep up the good work Jeff.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Why is it taking so long?
    The proof is everywhere you turn.
    F em and do it anyway.
  • Options
    This is awesome news. Some laws are being changed and news like this helps educate people that just do not know.  Florida voted and approved medical marijuana in 2016.  From what I understand, it is still extremely difficult to get. Heck just getting information is difficult and what is on the internet contradicts itself from one article to another. Not moving fast enough for those in need, but at least moving in the right direction. Now we need to get the crooked dinosaurs out of congress and senate and things would move along smoothly
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    This is awesome news. Some laws are being changed and news like this helps educate people that just do not know.  Florida voted and approved medical marijuana in 2016.  From what I understand, it is still extremely difficult to get. Heck just getting information is difficult and what is on the internet contradicts itself from one article to another. Not moving fast enough for those in need, but at least moving in the right direction. Now we need to get the crooked dinosaurs out of congress and senate and things would move along smoothly

I think you will find that the state lawmakers are more to blame. The opioid lobbyists fund a lot of negative state votes. I had a judge express real anger when it happened in TN.
  • Options
    The 1st thing that needs to happen is Gollum (jeff sessions) needs to reclassify it from a schedule 1 drug with heroin and LSD. 
    It doesn't belong there and he damn well knows it.  At that point it can legally be studied. 
    But that will NEVER happen as long as big pharma has a choke hold on the FDA.
    That being said, the only thing that's gonna change it will be Congress to act......how many of you think Congress will ever agree that the sky is blue?  Or water is wet?
    Too much infighting and back biting. 
    I bet we would see change if Tiffany Trump came down with a bad case of cancer and had to undergo chemo and radiation therapy.
    Somehow that's the only way to change a mind is when it hits your family.
    I recently had to sue school district 51 just to allow the school nurse to hold my 6 year old patients life saving meds.  And that's in a state where it's legal medically and recreationally.
    I still am forced to Duke it out with every single city, and state entity there is.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sketchy for Pres
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
     just getting information is difficult and what is on the internet contradicts itself from one article to another. Not moving fast enough for those in need, but at least moving in the right direction. Now we need to get the crooked dinosaurs out of congress and senate and things would move along smoothly
    Good points.  The contradiction has been going on since the 1930's.  Someone, like LaGuardia in the 30's, and many more since, provides some accurate provable information, then the machine spits out the same old lies, again and again and again.  They've refined the lies, dressed them up with what seems at first glance to be "common sense", but they're still the same old lies.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    My dad is a retired cop.....25 yrs he arrested people for this myself included.  We made the Paul Harvey news over it.  He said last week it's a gateway drug.....I said, your right, but that's YOUR fault.
     And I explained to him that the 1st time I ever smoked any I had an epiphany..... I knew right away I had been lied to all my life about it.  Then my 2nd thought was I wonder what else they lied about.  And that is the pitfall...... Because the other drugs are dangerous...... But if you systematically lie, then no one's going to believe you about anything.  Including the hard drugs like cocaine heroin things like that.  
    It might be a gateway drug, but they created the gateway with their lies.  Back in the thirties the lie was black men smoke it and rape white girls.
    We've all seen reefer madness..... Today it's classified as a comedy..... Back in the day it was a warning.
    And I'm watching that movie play out again in 2018.  There has been no research done on it ever for any reason. Not in this country.
    And any government funded research that showed it could help any medical ailments was quickly buried by the government..... And they had every right to bury it because they are the ones that funded it.
    Censorship has always been alive and well.
    Now today we see the DEA continuing its failed war on drugs doing nothing but tearing apart American families.
    In the eighties during the crack epidemic law enforcement went through black communities with a scythe..... Arresting every male between the age of 12 and 99.
    And today we wonder where all the fathers are?
    Well we put them in prison and handed them a life sentence for a handful of cocaine, Yet the white boys that had kilos of it only got 5 Years.

The system is broken.....

The tree of liberty needs to be well watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Those who trade Rights in the name of safety deserve neither.
    Tom Jefferson and Ben Franklin said it best.
    The land of the free?
    I think our founding fathers would puke if they knew what was happening today.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my country.
     But I don't love my government. 
    Even our court systems no longer are concerned with Justice, they are concerned with expediency. How often do we see our local DA offer a plea bargain to an innocent man? 
    And how often does that man have to take that plea bargain just to get out of jail? Before he loses his job his home his family and his life?
    Justice?  It's a made up word.
     Justice is a commodity that is bought and sold to the highest bidder, the court of law is the bazaar in which that transaction takes place, and the judge is the auctioneer.
     Just recently a caregiver I know was arrested for having 30 pounds of marijuana that she legally grew....... thankfully I helped her out with money for an attorney and she fought it.
     She was acquitted by the jury and the judge. If it's legal to grow its legal to keep.
    https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/acquittal-in-pot-case-of-mother-and-son/article_7b2f062a-d543-11e7-9bd2-43d1a335e084.html
    But she spent $25000 doing it, In the end they had to give back her 30 pounds of marijuana.  But they stored it wrong and it was moldy.
     Now she is suing them for the price.
    Another $20000 spent just to get back what was rightfully hers to begin with.
    And our local DA starts to cry like a  Female dog in heat.... Saying he needs more tools to keep these people in jail.
    Her innocence never crosses his mind.

• Options
    It's only a gateway if you put it on the wrong side of the fence.