Home Non Cigar Related
Options

WOW.....should change some minds.

Comments

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,  Big Pharma has a pill for all your ills... Just gotta watch those side effects,  they're murder  >:)
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^neat!

Hey, Sketch--Is there a difference between CBD extracted from hemp instead of marijuana? 
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's pretty much the same stuff
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^neat!

Hey, Sketch--Is there a difference between CBD extracted from hemp instead of marijuana? 
    THC from pot, Is the difference. 
    Had a doctor tell my stepdaughter who has MS that she should smoke the pot.
    Avoid hemp seed products, no help there. Good skin cream however.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    ^neat!

It doesn't have to be smoked it can be eaten in food or taken like a pill. (Oil)
    But the best results I've ever seen are the THC with the CBD combined.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    jd50ae said:
    ^neat!

It doesn't have to be smoked it can be eaten in food or taken like a pill. (Oil)
    Pretty sure that is what the doctor was telling her. I take CBDs everyday and I give pet CBDs to 3 of our rescues. Gets expensive and I don't understand the high prices, I guess we owe that in part to William Randolph Hearst. There are also a lot of scams out there and "be careful" who you deal with.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    jd50ae said:
    ^neat!

Pretty sure that is what the doctor was telling her. I take CBDs everyday and I give pet CBDs to 3 of our rescues. Gets expensive and I don't understand the high prices, I guess we owe that in part to William Randolph Hearst. There are also a lot of scams out there and "be careful" who you deal with.
    The prices are so high because it takes alot of equipment to grow it properly.   You can't call something medical that has been grown outside.  Outdoors it's exposed to every pest known to man, and the only way to keep them at Bay is with industrial strength insecticides.
    Then when you make an oil, it takes a minimum of 2 pounds to make a decent sized batch of oil, and 60 days to make it.
    I have at least 250,000 dollars worth of lights, CO2 systems, ballasts, and the warehouses.
    It's illegal to use butane to extract the oils, and a CO2 extracting system is 10,000 dollars by itself.
     A lot of work goes into just growing it right.
     Then there's the insurance which isn't cheap because of the serious lack of underwriters willing to support these endeavors.
    And since we can't use the banks, we have to hire armed security and figure out another way to guard our cash only business.
    It's not as simple as just pushing a seed into the ground and picking dollar bills off it after it grows.
    The more time energy and love you put into it, the more your going to get out of it.

Here is a link that shows one of my warehouses that might give you an idea of how much time money and effort I've put into this.

https://youtu.be/szuLZv2NU4w

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will go though here.....

http://delawarepublic.org/post/delaware-lawmakers-introduce-amendment-bill-legalizing-marijuana

Delaware really missed the boat on this. Being a small state, we need to get a jump on things like this to produce revenue. We were the first state on the east coast for legal gambling and made millions and millions.....Now with weed it's been dragging on for years. Which kinda surprises me since it's a blue state and the medical part got passed with out to much of a fight. 
    I guess I can understand the push back from how to test for it while driving end of things slowing it getting passed. 

I can't help but shake my head when I hear "It's gateway drug" Pffff.... Alcohol is the worst one out there by far...I've done more stupid things while drunk than I've ever done when stoned.....But I can buy that anywhere with the only restriction of being 21 years old.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Regarding prohibition, I've tried to explain it's inefficacy to many people this way:

When I was 15 I lived in a "dry" county.  Thus, I was able to buy beer, wine, whisky, any night of the week.  At age 16 we moved to a place that had a liquor store within 3 blocks of the High School.  I couldn't get my hands on any alcohol at all.  No bootleggers. 

Believe it or not, at least half the people I've told that to didn't understand the connection.  If you don't want kids to get their hands on a drug, it must be legally accessible to adults.

:/
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    @Sketch6995 Wow, I had no idea.

• Options
    The quickest way to make a kid want to try something is tell them not to do to try it.
     My father used to let me drink a beer when I was way underage as long he was around. He never encouraged me to smoke weed, but I knew he did and he knew I did. I took the same tack with my daughters when they were younger... It's worked out fine. 

• Options
    You tell a kid of today not to do something and before you have finished he/she has already concocted a plan to do it.
  • Options
    Or hes laughing at you cause he did it last week

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect North Carolina or Tennesee will be among the last states to legalize. I also expect the VA to hold off on prescribing till the bitter end. A lot of younger vets with PTSD and TBI could benefit.
  • Options
    Very rarely will a government agency admit they're are wrong especially when it has to start from the top down.

I read somewhere back in the early 70s Tenn was the largest producing state of weed in the US.  

• Options
    edited June 2018
    You cannot arrest your way out of this problem.  Arresting an addict, and putting him in jail, does nothing to treat the underlying problem.

You cannot legislate your way out of this problem either.  It seems to me that every time our legislators meet, they pass a bunch of new laws and create a whole new class of criminals.

You can only hold them in jail for so long before their debt to society has been repaid and they are square with the house again.
     Then when you turn them loose back on the street, guess what? They are still addicts.
    They have had no help whatsoever to address the problem that got them arrested to begin with.
    So the 1st thing they are going to do is steal something to go get high.  DOH!

But by the same token you can't just shove somebody into rehab that doesn't want to go...... It's a waste of a bed, that could be better used by someone who does want to be there.

Education is the key.

And what kind of an education do you get when you're locked up with 250 other felons?

It ain't good.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    jd50ae said:
    ^neat!

The prices are so high because it takes alot of equipment to grow it properly.   You can't call something medical that has been grown outside.  Outdoors it's exposed to every pest known to man, and the only way to keep them at Bay is with industrial strength insecticides.
    Then when you make an oil, it takes a minimum of 2 pounds to make a decent sized batch of oil, and 60 days to make it.
    I have at least 250,000 dollars worth of lights, CO2 systems, ballasts, and the warehouses.
    It's illegal to use butane to extract the oils, and a CO2 extracting system is 10,000 dollars by itself.
     A lot of work goes into just growing it right.
     Then there's the insurance which isn't cheap because of the serious lack of underwriters willing to support these endeavors.
    And since we can't use the banks, we have to hire armed security and figure out another way to guard our cash only business.
    It's not as simple as just pushing a seed into the ground and picking dollar bills off it after it grows.
    The more time energy and love you put into it, the more your going to get out of it.

Here is a link that shows one of my warehouses that might give you an idea of how much time money and effort I've put into this.

https://youtu.be/szuLZv2NU4w
    Pretty sweet grows you got going on! Question, for medical are you only allowed to grow in soil? No Aeroponic craziness?
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @TX98Z28
     I don't grow in soil, Even though it looks like dirt, it isn't, it's called soiless.
     It's basically pure peat moss, There is absolutely nothing in that for the plant to eat.
    I give that plant everything it needs when it needs it.
    But to answer your question, you can grow in any medium you want, you just can't grow outside and call it medical.   My clone machines are aeroponic.
    The reason for that is you cannot control the pests outdoors or even in a greenhouse. The only way to control insects is with industrial strength insecticides.  And that stuff doesn't mesh well with pharmaceutical drugs.  You can set off athsma attacks or COPD complications.   Can you imagine someone with COPD smoking bug poop, or insect larvae?
    There is a huge list of insecticides we are not allowed to use at all, and avid is at the top along with eagle 20.  That S.H.I.T. is pure poison.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect North Carolina or Tennesee will be among the last states to legalize. I also expect the VA to hold off on prescribing till the bitter end. A lot of younger vets with PTSD and TBI could benefit.
    States where medical marijuana is legal, the VA gives Rx for it. But the in house pharmacy does not fill it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    The feds made it legal for vets to use medical marijuana in states where it's legal, without taking away their benefits.
    Still I fight the VA admin just as much as I fight school district 51.  Even after a beating in court they still give us gas.
    We fight, I fight.  Every single day.

• Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    The quickest way to make a kid want to try something is tell them not to do to try it.
     My father used to let me drink a beer when I was way underage as long he was around. He never encouraged me to smoke weed, but I knew he did and he knew I did. I took the same tack with my daughters when they were younger... It's worked out fine. 

I have to agree with you on this. As a kid alcohol was never taboo in our household. If I wanted a beer after mowing the lawn on a hot day, I just had to ask. The result? I never snuck around trying to get it or made it a big deal. There is definitely something to be said for that.
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jeff @Sketch6995  In light of the recent FDA approval do you think there will be any thing for dogs? I have a four year old Aussi with epilepsy that was on phenobarbital for a couple of years. It recently quit  being effective. Now have her on a different med but she recently has a big seizure. I’m afraid it may eventually become non effective also. What do you think?

• Options
    I don't know what these news reports are all saying but this is not the 1st FDA approved marijuana derived drug.
    The 1st one was called sativex.   And it's been around for a long time.
    I think it's worth a try, but I don't think you're going to find any veterinarian that will perscribe it.  But I could be wrong.
     I have a better idea if you're intrested, shoot me a PM.

• Options
    I don't know what these news reports are all saying but this is not the 1st FDA approved marijuana derived drug.
    The 1st one was called sativex.   And it's been around for a long time.
    I think it's worth a try, but I don't think you're going to find any veterinarian that will perscribe it.  But I could be wrong.
     I have a better idea if you're intrested, shoot me a PM.
    K, I’ll shoot you a PM a little later. Thanks!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jeff @Sketch6995  In light of the recent FDA approval do you think there will be any thing for dogs? I have a four year old Aussi with epilepsy that was on phenobarbital for a couple of years. It recently quit  being effective. Now have her on a different med but she recently has a big seizure. I’m afraid it may eventually become non effective also. What do you think?

This made me miss my epileptic part-Aussie I called a Gerstralian Shepsky.  Phenobarb quit working and the only other think a vet would prescribe was way expensive.  Eventually she was just having too many seizures.  Painful to hold her through.  Good luck finding a treatment.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    This made me miss my epileptic part-Aussie I called a Gerstralian Shepsky.  Phenobarb quit working and the only other think a vet would prescribe was way expensive.  Eventually she was just having too many seizures.  Painful to hold her through.  Good luck finding a treatment.
    My little girl is good for now but when it gets bad it breaks my heart. I’m just trying to plan for any future remedies. Sorry for loss @Martel . And thanks for your post.
  • Options
    Well this is interesting....... I don't have any psychotic patients, I tend to avoid people like that, but, they need help to.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-unpick-cannabis-component-may-fight-psychosis-151132965--finance.html

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The corporations can't patent it, being natural.
    They will develop "drugs" from cannabis, will probably give you cancer though.
    Plus, as an added bonus they get to criminalize the Citizenry by keeping it illegal.
    The fact that it tops the schedule 1 list is enough to make anybody with an IQ above room temperature want to burn D.C. to the ground.

So, yeah. I'm pro weed.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."