Home Non Cigar Related
Options

WOW.....should change some minds.

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gateway drug was 750mg hydrocodone, got prescribed it when 16 after getting my wisdom teeth taking out. Did I need them after having my teeth ripped out of my mouth yes absolutely, did I need the refill they gave me when I was having withdrawals coming off of it hell no and only made things much worse when the bottle went empty. So in my case I can say it was pills BEFORE pot...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TX98Z28
     That's usually the 1st place anybody gets high is from a doctor or a dentist.
     That stuff is the true  Danger.
    That's the stuff that can alter the brain chemistry Perminently in some cases.
     One of the main reasons I'm doing what I'm doing is because I had a doctor that was writing prescriptions for me for a 190 percocet 10mg a month for 3 years straight.
     Hes in a federal prison today in Texas where he belongs.
     The very 1st thing I do when I get a new patient from the veterans administration is I have to wean them off all the narcotics they've been given. That it's unbelievably difficult.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995, When I ran out of them after the 2 month span, I literally wanted to kill myself.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    @TX98Z28
     Isn't that the worst feeling in the world? People don't understand until they've actually experienced it.
    You would do absolutely anything to make that end.  I'm glad you got through it bro.
    You fought the devil and won.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When society is force fed the belief that something is evil, it eventually takes hold and it takes generations to change that. 
    The problem is, a large percentage of people will believe something, because some "expert" said it was so.
    For years, so called doctors have said that herbal remedies were "quackery", that none of them work. Yet in the past 40 years, modern medicine is finding out that some of these herbal remedies actually work better than modern medicines.

All you have to do is look at the media to see how it affects society.
    Things like Pit bulls, tobacco, sugar, fast foods.
    The media is driving society to no longer accept these things.
    They tried for over 50 years to keep pot down, backed by the timber industry.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The herf dog has glacoma in the left eye, need a prescription from @Sketch6995.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^ If he’s in California he can’t prescribe it anyway or he’d lose his license. He could suggest it or recommend it but not prescribe it. 
  • Options
    And Marty @jlmarta is right, it's not a prescription it's a recommendation.

• Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995 always showing off hehehe... looking good.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    The herf dog has glacoma in the left eye, need a prescription from @Sketch6995.
    I can certainly hook you up.  Meet Mr. KING KONG.  Hope your not busy for the next week.    :D
    And ya that a home depot 5 gallon bucket.

Unicorn turds?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Big win for medical marijuana patients in Florida.......

http://amp.sacbee.com/news/article211957424.html

• Options
    Ooooo dig this.
     This is called the right to try law.
    If you're dying of some disease you can bypass the FDA and use some experimental drug that hasn't yet been approved.

I wonder if this pertains to medical marijuana as well?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-right-to-try-drug-bill-20180522-story.html

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Nevermind the fact that it took away his seizures.   
    Overlook the fact that now the boy is in the states custody his seizures have returned.....
    Dont worry about the brain damage that comes with every single seizure.....
     Let's remove him from the loving parents to make double damn sure he dies.
     Well done state of Georgia you are my God dam hero.   Nobody likes 15 year olds anyways...... Especially sick ones that only respond to medical marijuana.
    Maybe if you kill him before he turns 18 he won't try to vote you assklowns out of office.
    Just another case of politicians with cranial rectitus.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/couple-loses-custody-might-face-145658489.html

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some downsides to marijuana that should be mentioned if this discussion is to be fact-based and balanced. Speaking from personal experience I found smoking it highly de-motivating, when I tried to quit drinking too much I eventually was successful but only after I stopped getting stoned. Not saying this is a problem for everyone but for certain people it could be. Also there is this:
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2681642
  • Options
    Well there is also a huge difference between some kid staying baked all day and someone that uses it for medical reasons.  Like seizures, or chronic pain.....and let's face it.....narcotics will leave you baked all day too.  Plus theres the danger of the narcotics killing you which cant really happen with marijuana.....unless you walk into the freeway after getting baked all day.
    I do not advocate staying baked all day, although I have lol.  Its counterproductive to anything except xbox.
    But good point.
    Still.....there are people that will abuse anything, aspirin included.  Even robitussin is abused.  They call it getting robozoned.  Yuk.

• Options
    There are some downsides to marijuana that should be mentioned if this discussion is to be fact-based and balanced. Speaking from personal experience I found smoking it highly de-motivating, when I tried to quit drinking too much I eventually was successful but only after I stopped getting stoned. Not saying this is a problem for everyone but for certain people it could be. Also there is this:
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2681642
    Medical marijuana does NOT mean you have to smoke it or get high in order for it to help you. Parents of young children with pain or seizure issues can prepare a tincture of THCa which is non-psychoactive. Takes a little effort, but it’s available. 

Then there’s CBD which deals with numerous issues and is also non-psychoactive and you don’t have to smoke it. 

• Options
    I make an oil.  It's a whole plant extract of a strain that's high in CBD and low in THC....its taken in a gelatin capsule usually at bedtime.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear (not my strong suit), I was reefering to adolescents and young adults who, for one reason or another, self-medicate for emotional or mental issues. Not much of a problem for recreational users I would think. And I am all for medical usage. And not considering whether rec. use should be legal or not, people who want to get high don't have a problem acquiring it either way. I do feel that habitual use encourages a kind of passivity that could be a problem when it comes to setting or attaining goals, but, then again, some users aren't troubled by that. When one goes to counselling one of the first requirements is to stop using drugs and alcohol if you want to make progress and not waste everyone's time.

All this is only my attempt to look at a fairly well established downside to pot. Personally I have no problem with any drugs if a person chooses to use. That's their business, regardless of the outcome. If a person shortens significantly their life sitting in front of a TV eating nothing but Fritos and donuts, same--it's their choice.
  • Options
    I make an oil.  It's a whole plant extract of a strain that's high in CBD and low in THC....its taken in a gelatin capsule usually at bedtime.
    This is interesting to me, Jeff @Sketch6995. Could you PM me with the particulars?  Thank you.... 
  • Options
    @jlmarta
    Its the same oil I've been telling you about.  It's just a new strain that's a little lower in THC.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Sketch, what does the oil you make help with? My grandfather used to look the other way when we brought him some MaryJ so he could make an oil rub for his arthritis. 
  • Options
    @jlmarta
    Its the same oil I've been telling you about.  It's just a new strain that's a little lower in THC.
    So there’d still be a bit of a high involved?  The bedtime dosage would mitigate that, I assume?  

Pricing?  Trial size pkg? 
  • Options
    Yes your supposed to sleep thru it.

• Options
    Hey Sketch, what does the oil you make help with? My grandfather used to look the other way when we brought him some MaryJ so he could make an oil rub for his arthritis. 
    Chronic pain, lupus, epilepsy, dravets syndrome, Those are a few of my patients  And I have a 90 year old woman that swears it reduced the size of her tumor.  All of the sudden the doctors could operate they removed it.  She is completely cancer free today  The only other thing she was taking  Was Tylenol for pain. 
    People use it for all kinds of things.

I have a 6 and a 1/2 year old boy that started school this year.... He came to me having over 600 seizures a week.

It's a very good  Topical analgesic.

But honestly there have never been any clinical studies done on anything to do with marijuana it's always been illegal federally even to experiment with it.
    So there's that......

Right now people are making all sorts of claims but those are a few of the things I have seen with my own eyes.