Home Non Cigar Related
Options

All Good Things come to an End

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man this forum has gone weak!! 
    yeah, I agree ...... this
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Had to be usaf....  they don't call him "nick the d@ck" because of any endowment. 
     :D 

His name is Nick, he's Greek, then he must be a díck.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YO!!! What up Royln @smoke_em_if_you_got_em ?

where you been hiding out these days?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

whats good Gibby??? My number hasn't change.....just sayin'
  • Options
    @jarubla well stated post.

My last comment is: If people choose to the leave the forum..so be it. Speaking for myself I have stepped away at time for various reasons. But we don't need a post about it....

What's the reason for creating a post saying that you are leaving...then posting x more amounts of times afterwards. 

Is it for attention?

Hate to say it but...not everyone deserves a trophy, all babies aren't cute, and you won't always receive that pat on the back you are looking for.....but you just gotta roll with it.

it's like the people that "try" to commit suicide. Either do it or don't. Leave or don't leave.....that is all.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

Actually it did, remember
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    @jarubla well stated post.

My last comment is: If people choose to the leave the forum..so be it. Speaking for myself I have stepped away at time for various reasons. But we don't need a post about it....

What's the reason for creating a post saying that you are leaving...then posting x more amounts of times afterwards. 

Is it for attention?

Hate to say it but...not everyone deserves a trophy, all babies aren't cute, and you won't always receive that pat on the back you are looking for.....but you just gotta roll with it.

it's like the people that "try" to commit suicide. Either do it or don't. Leave or don't leave.....that is all.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    jgibv said:

That was in July....and my last text message exchange with @jgibv was in October. 
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    jgibv said:

That was in July....and my last text message exchange with @jgibv was in October. 
    Ok, stop yelling at me
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    @smoke_em_if_you_got_em

RoBroCop! Kamusta na, my brotha?
  • Options
    Chalupa_BatmanChalupa_Batman Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    I am sorry but I am leaving the forum. It was very nice to meet most of you.But I joined here to make some friends and not enemies.I was getting on the vherf a lot to have fun and meet people and relax and forget about some of the things I am going through in life. Not to have someone continuously ridicule me even after asking them to let it go.I wish peace and happiness to everybody here. Long ashes brother and sisters of the leaf.
    Really?....1st off I have to say that you never once asked me to stop.  I didn't even know it bothered you until this post and others telling me it was about me. If you are going to get all drama queen please tell the truth.  Secondly, if I'm teasing in good spirits then that generally means I might actually have liked you a little.  So I apologize that a joke I made a few times was hurtful.  I get it... Not all personalities mesh well together. Maybe next time man up and talk to the person. So anyways, I've said what I needed to say.  No need to comment back..I won't be responding again.  
  • Options
    jgibv said:

oh i see how it is.  damn son. 
    well shoot, in that case my number hasn't changed either fool! just sayin'

:D:D

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my question...

Even if the teasing was genuine harassment (which apparently it wasn't), why should one person's opinion/words make you want to pitch the whole community?  Isn't the Ccom forum as a whole of more worth than one person giving you grief on Vherf?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good things should come to an end, including this thread.  Mama Bertha just reach over there and slap Archie a couple times to toughen him up
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    damn so much drama, reminds me of middle school. 
    well shheeeettttt if that's what we're doing then i'm drawing d!cks on all these desks

• Options
    jgibv said:
    damn so much drama, reminds me of middle school. 
    well shheeeettttt if that's what we're doing then i'm drawing d!cks on all these desks

you selling BBC JO too?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagreed with your post this morning, but didn't have time to reply.  I'm replying now, even though it might be better to let this thread die but I feel that having a conversation and airing things out does help.  I don't think that this is a cry for attention, it was just a farewell before some other brothers had a chance to change his mind.

We were talking last night on the vHerf about all the BORKs here who left without saying a word.  Who knows why they left, no sense of closure.  When reading this part, add some intelligent closing remarks here, I've got to go and nothing's coming to mind.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:

I disagreed with your post this morning, but didn't have time to reply.  I'm replying now, even though it might be better to let this thread die but I feel that having a conversation and airing things out does help.  I don't think that this is a cry for attention, it was just a farewell before some other brothers had a chance to change his mind.

We were talking last night on the vHerf about all the BORKs here who left without saying a word.  Who knows why they left, no sense of closure.  When reading this part, add some intelligent closing remarks here, I've got to go and nothing's coming to mind.

This guys been here "almost" a year and talking about ALL the people who have left the forum......and using the term BORK...

I love coming on here when I need a good laugh. But I do applaud the fact that you told me that you disagreed with my post. 
  • Options
    I was the fly on the wall, it was mostly @Bigshizza, @avengethis, and @Usaf06 talking about MIAs. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:

We were talking last night on the vHerf about all the BORKs here who left without saying a word.  Who knows why they left, no sense of closure. .

I know of many of those and why they left and this thread is an example as to why they left without saying a word.

Personally, even if I don't like someone, I try and be decent towards them, as much as I can be. But there are some, that are either not aware of how they come across, or just don't care. Either way, giving them credence, let's them win.

Just my opinion, for all it's worthless glory. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    NjbowNjbow Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    What is a bork ??

• Options
    Someone misspelled BoTH (Brother of The Leaf) as BORK and it stuck. 
  • Options
    NjbowNjbow Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    @Yakster thank you

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, the creator of BORK was Enfidl. He was trying to type BOTL and claimed his fat fingers caused him to hit RK instead of TL. 

And now you know the rest of the story....  (to copy Paul Harvey's line).   o:)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

I love, love, love it when guys make it their business to tell us how much better the forum "used to be". It's good to know we suck now. I'm glad they are willing to help us realize this. (I've seen this elsewhere on this forum, not just in this thread.) If you high-quality long-time members don't come around any more,.......... how can it ever be as good as it used to be? 

• Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to weigh in with an opinion but I have not been here long enough to have one.......Is there a chart somewhere as to when we earn our seniority privileges? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:

I love, love, love it when guys make it their business to tell us how much better the forum "used to be". It's good to know we suck now. I'm glad they are willing to help us realize this. (I've seen this elsewhere on this forum, not just in this thread.) If you high-quality long-time members don't come around any more,.......... how can it ever be as good as it used to be? 

Maybe you already sucked before you joined the forum....just sayin. 

Not sure anyone has ever called themselves a high quality member..but thank you for the compliment

gotta love this place right?

• Options
    There are some high quality members here... you just need to know where to look.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^what happened to ' <---don't believe him''^^^^^

High Qaulity indeed
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    ^^^^^what happened to ' <---don't believe him''^^^^^

High Qaulity indeed
    You never stop not believing.