Home Non Cigar Related

All Good Things come to an End

13»

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats some funny **** 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I've met @Bob_Luken in person and talked with him at length, one of the nicest,....... blah blah blah

Brett

BWAhahahahahahahahaha......   :#
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've met @Bob_Luken in person and talked with him at length, one of the nicest most giving people I've ever met and definitely doesn't suck. I've been here for five years and even when I joined I heard this place wasn't what it used to be but I've seen some amazing acts of greatness and generosity in years past as well as in the last 12 months. It may not be what is was five years ago when I joined but I think it's a pretty great place already right now and has simply evolved with changing people. It was great when I joined and is still pretty great now. Not sure what anyone thinks is going to change but there is still the same greatness and kindness and generosity that made it so special before. Just my two cents and never understood that fight about what it used to be. Sure people have left but we've had new ones join and stick around too, it's an enivitability of long term social interactions especially when it's a web forum. If you joined for a specific person(s) and they left then I can see how some could feel it had declined but if you joined for what the community as a whole does and how they treat each other I don't think that has changed all that much. Just my two cents on that topic. 

Brett
    Even great when you were the center of "drama"?? Highly doubt it....but we all have our opinions. 

Yall make it seem like I hate this place or people who are currently active because I've said this place isn't how it used to be...for all you know I could be referring to the website and the format changes of the forum
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke_em_if_you_got_em said:

This forum has gone weak and people have lost sight of what this forum used to be and should be about. 

Let me step back and watch y'all bomb each other and think that makes this place "special" or "great"

Yep, definitely gotta be referring to the website and the format changes. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know how this place used to be as I am fairly new. However, I will say that it is pretty fantastic right now. I have never met a group of people that live so far apart but share experiences and their lives along with their cigars before. Its pretty amazing if you ask me
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Bob_Luken said:
    smoke_em_if_you_got_em said:

This forum has gone weak and people have lost sight of what this forum used to be and should be about. 

Let me step back and watch y'all bomb each other and think that makes this place "special" or "great"

Yep, definitely gotta be referring to the website and the format changes. 
    Having fun? Or just nothing else better to do?
    Diver43 said:
    I dont know how this place used to be as I am fairly new. However, I will say that it is pretty fantastic right now. I have never met a group of people that live so far apart but share experiences and their lives along with their cigars before. Its pretty amazing if you ask me
    Should I start another thread to announce I am leaving or is this a good place to make my announcement?

think anyone will talk me out of leaving?
    Should I start another thread to announce I am leaving or is this a good place to make my announcement?

I will for sure. But I got one more dig to get in first. OK?
    Bob_Luken said:

I will for sure. But I got one more dig to get in first. OK?
    Of course...
    @jarubla well stated post.

My last comment is: If people choose to the leave the forum..so be it. Speaking for myself I have stepped away at time for various reasons. But we don't need a post about it....

What's the reason for creating a post saying that you are leaving...then posting x more amounts of times afterwards. 

Is it for attention?

Hate to say it but...not everyone deserves a trophy, all babies aren't cute, and you won't always receive that pat on the back you are looking for.....but you just gotta roll with it.

it's like the people that "try" to commit suicide. Either do it or don't. Leave or don't leave.....that is all.

Remember this post? Last comment? Way back about eight comments ago? Either comment or don't, but don't say it's you last comment and then post x more times afterwards. Sound familiar? 
    OK this HAS been fun but,  I'm just playin. I got no problem with you Royln. I truly do consider you a high-quality member. I even agree with some of your initial statements but I couldn't resist a little push back when you started up with that old tired "the forum ain't what it used to be" crap. We good right?
    Bob_Luken said:
    @jarubla well stated post.

My last comment is: If people choose to the leave the forum..so be it. Speaking for myself I have stepped away at time for various reasons. But we don't need a post about it....

What's the reason for creating a post saying that you are leaving...then posting x more amounts of times afterwards. 

Is it for attention?

Hate to say it but...not everyone deserves a trophy, all babies aren't cute, and you won't always receive that pat on the back you are looking for.....but you just gotta roll with it.

it's like the people that "try" to commit suicide. Either do it or don't. Leave or don't leave.....that is all.

Remember this post? Last comment? Way back about eight comments ago? Either comment or don't, but don't say it's you last comment and then post x more times afterwards. Sound familiar? 
    Doesn't count that I asked a question about my announcement? Would of been different if I said this is it or I am leaving then continued to post....no? 

Please clarify...thank you 
    Bob_Luken said:
    OK this HAS been fun but,  I'm just playin. I got no problem with you Royln. I truly do consider you a high-quality member. I even agree with some of your initial statements but I couldn't resist a little push back when you started up with that old tired "the forum ain't what it used to be" crap. We good right?
    Yes we are good. But we have to be able to speak our mind which you have allowed for me to do. There Will be several things we can agree to disagee on...looking to more push back cuz I'm sure I'll make that comment again
    someday. Just sayin'
    @Bob_Luken you don't suck. But like your new location haha
    @smoke_em_if_you_got_em, anyone ever ask why your inside a wrestling ring in that picture. You got any moves off the top rope  :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

I figured you were just messin with me. Either way, I laughed hard when I read it. 
    Usaf06 said:
    @smoke_em_if_you_got_em, anyone ever ask why your inside a wrestling ring in that picture. You got any moves off the top rope  :D
    Does that shirt in your pic make you look fat Nick?
    Bob_Luken said:
    I figured you were just messin with me. Either way, I laughed hard when I read it. 
    Glad I could make you laugh bro. I'll be around..
    Usaf06 said:
    Picture adds 20 pounds. That body was chiseled by the gods themselves
    -- Winston Churchill

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vHug it out on the vHerf... I heard a rumor that @Glock1975 and @Bigshizza will be jumping on tonight... I've got dinner duty again tonight but might get on at some point.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Usaf06 said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Picture adds 20 pounds. That body was chiseled by the gods themselves
    Good to know lol
    someone's ol lady been cookin up too much wet food or somethin?  y'all some grumpy mofos
    You eat Kare Kare?? She made some the other night...
     how you been kuya brogie stand?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone's ol lady been cookin up too much wet food or somethin?  y'all some grumpy mofos
    pshhhh. Do I eat kare Ka...... The question IS, do you eat KareKare? I'm talkin with tripe and ginisang bagoong (shrimp paste)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    pshhhh. Do I eat kare Ka...... The question IS, do you eat KareKare? I'm talkin with tripe and ginisang bagoong (shrimp paste)
    I've tried it...wasn't bad but not my favorite dish. I know about ginisang bro!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it...wasn't bad but not my favorite dish. I know about ginisang bro!
    nawmsayin! 
    where you been man? still burning leaves or what?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR