Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Conversations with the wife.....share your stories.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Please keep this thread going! It honestly cracks me up and it's all so true! My husband will give me 5 choices of places to go to dinner and I'll shoot them all down and pick a Mexican place :) He knows if there is a Mexican option in what he gives me, I'll pick it, but hey at least he feels like he won cause I didn't shoot them all down ;)
    @Edna20 Tell hubby that the best Mexican in the US is in MKE, and bring him here for the Midwest Herf/Dinner With Shizz event.  And just for you two, I'll show you how to roast your own coffee.  <3
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    This thread is why I am NOT married B)
    There are two modes of thought in this world; not just one.

The linear mode starts from  A, thence to B, to C, to triple zed. Leads from "my feet are tired" step by logical step to planes, trains, and automobiles. Alas, it also leads from "I need to get that bear out of the cave so's Oooka and the tot can creep in out of the snow" step by logical step inevitably to Mutually Assured Destruction. Men's reasoning is fine up until it inevitably arrives at unreasonable conclusions. 

The spherical mode of thought starts as an empty bubble. She's in the middle and every conclusion is equidistant. Leads from "the car broke down" to tears. Includes a whole crapload of the I Can'ts. Pops easily. Feels empty. However, the flip side is, she distinguishes right from wrong without having to get there. 

Both modes of thought must partner daily for years to complete one compleat life.

... but we can still laugh at one another.

Best example I can think of is Fritz and Clara Haber. Fritz won the Nobel prize for inventing nitrogen fertilizer. Half the world's food is based on this landmark discovery. All well and good. Then came WWI. Fritz's the brilliant chemist was put to work making poison gases, one after another, each new gas vastly worse than the last. Clara told him "It's wrong." But, Clara, we're at war. I must serve the Vaterland." "I don't care. It's wrong." "If we don't do it, Liebling, the English will. Be logical." "I don't care. It's horrible. That's someone's son or sweetheart you are killing."  Finally culminated at the dinner table one night before Fritz was to leave for the Eastern Front to introduce a newer and more terrible poison gas. Military bigwigs at the table. Clara failed to make Fritz nor any of them feel what's right. They could not make her reason what's wrong. Finally, she plucked a pistol from a colonel's holster and declared: "How would you feel if it was someone you loved who died!" and shot herself.

Fritz and colonel left next morning for the Eastern Front. 

Should have listened to Clara.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    Best example I can think of is Fritz and Clara Haber. Fritz won the Nobel prize for inventing nitrogen fertilizer. Half the world's food is based on this landmark discovery. All well and good. Then came WWI. Fritz's the brilliant chemist was put to work making poison gases, one after another, each new gas vastly worse than the last. Clara told him "It's wrong." But, Clara, we're at war. I must serve the Vaterland." "I don't care. It's wrong." "If we don't do it, Liebling, the English will. Be logical." "I don't care. It's horrible. That's someone's son or sweetheart you are killing."  Finally culminated at the dinner table one night before Fritz was to leave for the Eastern Front to introduce a newer and more terrible poison gas. Military bigwigs at the table. Clara failed to make Fritz nor any of them feel what's right. They could not make her reason what's wrong. Finally, she plucked a pistol from a colonel's holster and declared: "How would you feel if it was someone you loved who died!" and shot herself.

Fritz and colonel left next morning for the Eastern Front. 

Should have listened to Clara.

https://youtu.be/W1YaZSYEXjo
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Ps 64
  • Options
  • Options
    Eph 4:26

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Edna20 said:
    Please keep this thread going! It honestly cracks me up and it's all so true! My husband will give me 5 choices of places to go to dinner and I'll shoot them all down and pick a Mexican place :) He knows if there is a Mexican option in what he gives me, I'll pick it, but hey at least he feels like he won cause I didn't shoot them all down ;)
    @Edna20 Tell hubby that the best Mexican in the US is in MKE, and bring him here for the Midwest Herf/Dinner With Shizz event.  And just for you two, I'll show you how to roast your own coffee.  <3
    Hmmm, for some reason I'm not getting notifications when I'm tagged anymore :( Just saw this @peter4jc. I'm drinking a cup of your delicious coffee as I type. Would absolutely love to join you guys but we have a trip to Vegas planned for our anniversary and not sure I could get childcare for another trip. When is it? 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    @Edna20

June 23-25.  Most people are arriving Fri, and leaving Sun, but the 'actual' herf is Saturday.  This is the official thread; even though it contains some 'static' the current list of attendees, etc, is http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/897453/dinner-by-chef-shizz/p1

Glad your still liking the beans!
  • Options
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of like cigar boxes that disappear. I have an RyJ humidor that I lost to Momma, cause she likes it for her jewelry.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up an ammonite fossil bowl that my Wife decided was too good for cigars... she thought it was a lot of money to spend on an ashtray, I had to tell here that it was cheaper than most cigar ashtrays.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relegated to catch-all duty.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice bowl. Would be nicer with some ashes on it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster I wondered where that went. Always admired that unique piece. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    @Guitarded

If you're going to use a German word, at least spell it correctly.@Guitarded

You know how us Germans are.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @peter4jc..... According to the only German speaking person in the house (the one with the very nice copper knitting bowl) I should have spelled it Schatzi. 
    My apologies Herr Schmidt.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off... why do most conversations occur between 2 bathrooms that feel miles apart?
  • Options