Home General Discussion
Options

Ye Olde CI Daily Banter

Comments

• Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    Smoking a gift. Gurkha but not bad. 
    Definitely looks like a mouthful.  Evening ODave.
  • Options
    Oliva Serie V churchill.  Tasty.  Well aged.  Found it on a humi dive.  Pleasant surprise.  Hey KC, what’s your V inventory these days?
  • Options
    Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliva Serie V churchill.  Tasty.  Well aged.  Found it on a humi dive.  Pleasant surprise.  Hey KC, what’s your V inventory these days?
    Lots of V sales lately.
  • Options
    Ozzy73Ozzy73 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭
    Dear CB.....if your getting a hooker and want to pay by credit card. ....now days they stop. .....where do you swipe it......in the T slot?
  • Options
    BOOMER SOONER NEXT WEEKEND CB.....crappies biting oy....min-city high water yet....FYI 
  • Options
    kckasperkckasper Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening everyone!  QyH Brevas with a RRG&C. 
  • Options
    Ahhh, you remember the old days when I had 14-15 boxes of Vs in stock!  Now, down to an unopened 10 ct box of V Maduro Especial Limitada 2009, an unopened box of V Melanio from when they first came out in 2012, and about 35 or so regular Vs of different vitolas consolidated into a couple boxes.  10 years ago TH was selling boxes of Vs for $60-$70/box of 24.  TH was sold and now is part of the Casa de Montecristo chain. Guess Mike and Theresa decided to retire, take the $ and run.  Can't blame them. 
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    Lots of V sales lately.
    See any good deals the figurado or #4?
  • Options
    Ozzy73 said:
    Dear CB.....if your getting a hooker and want to pay by credit card. ....now days they stop. .....where do you swipe it......in the T slot?
    The chip Ozzy, the chip!
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    Ahhh, you remember the old days when I had 14-15 boxes of Vs in stock!  Now, down to an unopened 10 ct box of V Maduro Especial Limitada 2009, an unopened box of V Melanio from when they first came out in 2012, and about 35 or so regular Vs of different vitolas consolidated into a couple boxes.  10 years ago TH was selling boxes of Vs for $60-$70/box of 24.  TH was sold and now is part of the Casa de Montecristo chain. Guess Mike and Theresa decided to retire, take the $ and run.  Can't blame them. 
    Yep, got my first box of V’s from Tampa - figurados for $120 a box.  Double that these days.
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    Yep, got my first box of V’s from Tampa - figurados for $120 a box.  Double that these days.
    I still have a couple Figurado. We should herf one some weekend.
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    Lots of V sales lately.
    See any good deals the figurado or #4?
    Oliva Serie V No. 4
    Size (5" x 43)
    Strength 
    Mild 
     Full
    BOX OF 24
    In Stock$99.99
    MSRP $157.....cigar page 
  • Options
    I still enjoy the original. Just ordered a bundle of 20 Griffins Nicaragua to try. 
  • Options
    Good evening everyone! You twisted my arm David.  Griffins Toro (original) with a RRG&C.  Did you get those Griffins Nicaragua real cheap?  From what I've read, they were a sales disaster.  Can't hardly give the things away. 
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening folks. Davidoff Winston Churchill petit corona on fire. 
  • Options
    Evening 007! Nice to see you back on. Great smoke you got there.
  • Options
    Thanks. Glad to be back. Had surgery 6 months ago and been unable to smoke due to slow healing and not being able to sit. Been making up for lost time lately. How are things in FL?
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    kckasper said:
    Sounds like a plan just need to make sure I got one.  Humi dive and if no luck need to break out the credit card.  But KC made me do it!  Like she’ll buy that one.
  • Options
    …and the left coast is heard from.   Good to hear from you again.
  • Options
    Thanks. Glad to be back. Had surgery 6 months ago and been unable to smoke due to slow healing and not being able to sit. Been making up for lost time lately. How are things in FL?
    Everything in S FL good, raising granddaughters keeps us busy.  Surgery?  That's never good to hear.  Hope it was successful.  Let me guess.  A hernia transplant?  From right side to left? 
  • Options
    Naw. Old tailbone break from when I was a kid. 30 or so years later and it was arthritic and causing me great grief. Had to go. Very slow healing process though and things are just starting to get much better. Funny you mentioned the V figurados. I've really been enjoying those lately. They taste fabulous and are often overlooked for the newfangled blends but are still a fantastic blend. 
  • Options
    I saw your photos of the granddaughters you posted recently. That's awesome. 
  • Options
    Evening CB. I remember when banter would be active all night, even for us west coasters. Things sure have changed..lol.
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    Good evening everyone! You twisted my arm David.  Griffins Toro (original) with a RRG&C.  Did you get those Griffins Nicaragua real cheap?  From what I've read, they were a sales disaster.  Can't hardly give the things away. 
    $3...... I hear they are hit or miss. I’ll let you know. May need your address 😜
  • Options
    Evening CB. I remember when banter would be active all night, even for us west coasters. Things sure have changed..lol.
    For the times have changed.  The banter software was pretty basic and on top of all that the new management canned the whole thing.  Got a website, a Facebook page, and this here discussion.
  • Options
    For the times have changed.  The banter software was pretty basic and on top of all that the new management canned the whole thing.  Got a website, a Facebook page, and this here discussion.
    And Tony’s place

• Options
    Good evening everyone!  Mac Cafe HP with a RRG&C. 
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    kckasper said:
    Sounds like a plan just need to make sure I got one.  Humi dive and if no luck need to break out the credit card.  But KC made me do it!  Like she’ll buy that one.
    I get blamed for everything else, so why not? Tell her I threatened to give Oy your pH # if you didn't buy them.
  • Options
    Dear Cb.....why do organic cows not have hooves? Because they have lac-toes.....🐴
  • Options
    Ozzy73 said:
    Dear Cb.....why do organic cows not have hooves? Because they have lac-toes.....🐴
    Hope you're well dude