Home General Discussion
Options

Order issues

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Placed an order last Wednesday says its still processing tried calling and phones are off the hook sent 3 emails and not one response they took my money on an order over 100 and won't get back to me so I'll never purchase from cigar.com or CI ever again. Will go back to holts
    Have they actually charged your card for it already or do you know? Most places don't charge until the order is ready to ship...   B)
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I wonder if those of us not having problems are the ones who call our rep and deal directly with our rep and not the website.

And this is yet another reason to have a rep and have their email address.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Cigar-713099Cigar-713099 Posts: 20
    Usaf06 said:
    Skip holts too. Way better places then holts
    At least holts is reliable and has decent samplers
  • Options
    At least holts is reliable and has decent samplers
    Gonna disagree with you on that one.
    If you ask for custom samplers, the reps here have been really good at getting me set up. 
    I guess my luck with them wasn't so great at the H site. 

But each person has their own experiences with places.
    There is one cigar site (not this one) that I refuse to buy cigars from, yet a lot of people really like them. That doesn't make those people wrong, nor makes me wrong. Just that I didn't have a good experience and decided not to deal with them.

Hopefully, folks can get past this and see the value. If not, good luck.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for steve buscemi eyes disney
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Skip holts too. Way better places then holts
    Not when they're doing clearance stuff...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I just spent a little while perusing the chatter on the devil site forum. It was an interesting read. I tried copying part of it but it didn't work so I did screenshots (it took two) so you guys could get a glimpse of what they're hearing over there. 

Lets see see if this'll work....  

It didnt work very well but if you read the second half first it'll make more sense....

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they should put something on the website about the issues they are having. Yeah it'll hurt business immediately but how many of these p!ssed off customers are not coming back anyway? Seems like the higher ups that don't have to deal with customers should be making better decisions.
  • Options
    Cigar-713099Cigar-713099 Posts: 20
    jlmarta said:
    Placed an order last Wednesday says its still processing tried calling and phones are off the hook sent 3 emails and not one response they took my money on an order over 100 and won't get back to me so I'll never purchase from cigar.com or CI ever again. Will go back to holts
    Have they actually charged your card for it already or do you know? Most places don't charge until the order is ready to ship...   B)
    Yes they charged my card already that's why I'm pissed about the situation. If they had problems with their system then they should have stopped taking orders until the situation is resolved weeks ago. this taking your orders then charging your card with a system malfunction is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This was my first time buying from this site and my last. Who knows what kind of bug it was, for all we know they could have been hacked and everyone's card info got stolen, and they still keep taking orders without disclosing the fact of a bug? No thanks I won't spend my hard earned money here
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They put an authorization on my card for my order, but after 3 days, it disappeared, and I didn't get charged until the order finally shipped, 15 days later.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    We're working on it guys. If you need an update you can email me direct at andyd@cigar.com.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Yes they charged my card already that's why I'm pissed about the situation. If they had problems with their system then they should have stopped taking orders until the situation is resolved weeks ago. this taking your orders then charging your card with a system malfunction is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This was my first time buying from this site and my last. Who knows what kind of bug it was, for all we know they could have been hacked and everyone's card info got stolen, and they still keep taking orders without disclosing the fact of a bug? No thanks I won't spend my hard earned money here
    if it is that big of a deal, file a complaint with the credit card company and have your credit card company cancel/void the transaction. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're working on it guys. If you need an update you can email me direct at andyd@cigar.com.
    Wasn't complaining Andy! As long as I didn't get charged till they shipped, I'm good!
  • Options
    cbuck said:
    They put an authorization on my card for my order, but after 3 days, it disappeared, and I didn't get charged until the order finally shipped, 15 days later.
    This.^^^^
    They put an authorization.
    They did NOT actually charge your card.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least they fixed the email...
     :D 

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^Who is this cbuck fella anyway^^^
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Well, Hoo Haa!!  Even though Ooops says they're gonna deliver an order from the devil site on 9/14, today, for the first time since the computer screw-up began, the order once again appears on the devil's website. 

Ain't progress wunnerful....??
  • Options
    Image result for steve buscemi eyes disney
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By any chance did Hill's college chum contribute to this software upgrade?

I pity you guys but I pity our good friends at c.com even more. Imagine how frustrated you would be dealing with this horse pebbles eight hours a day and going home with it unresolved.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Well, by golly, that package the devil site said would be delivered on 3/14 actually got delivered today. Can you believe it??

And, for the first time ever in my recollection, the package shows no outside evidence of ever being in the hands of Utterly Pathetic Shipping (UPS). It was turned over by them to the USPS just yesterday and everything seems to be intact. No marks whatsoever on the outside and the cigars all look to be okay as well. 

Of course, they've been in transit since 2/28 with no humi-packs but I'm sure a few months in my loving care will render them smokable once again. 

And I didn't have to contact customer service at all. Nor did I have to start a few new threads to complain about the miserable service I was getting, etc., etc., ad infinitum. 

Oh joy, oh rupture.... er, s'cuse me, that's 'rapture' isn't it?   :p

• Options
    Ya an order I cancelled on the 6th was sent today, looks like I'm gonna have 3 boxes of amazon basins....gggrrrrr

• Options
    DrMundoDrMundo Posts: 24
    edited March 2017
    Finally, I've made my return and cancel the double charged order. The solution was the number 1, not number 2! Oh still you guys have to wait for 30 mins to talk with employee the majesty. I'm not gonna use CCom or CI anymore, holy ****. 
  • Options
    I understand the frustrations everyone is having with CI and their orders, but.......

If you are ordering from Ccom and not using a rep to do your orders, then you are doing yourself a disservice. 
    While they were having all their problems, I emailed my rep, told him what I wanted, which wasn't on the site and he was able to get and it shipped the next work day.

No software issues, not computer problems, dealt with a real person and they took care of it.

So if you don't have a Ccom rep, ask for one and get their email.
    Then email them when you want to make an order.
    It will save you a ton of headaches.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Image result for buscemi eyes princess

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    0patience said:
    I wonder if those of us not having problems are the ones who call our rep and deal directly with our rep and not the website.

And this is yet another reason to have a rep and have their email address.
    Don't tell them that.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    My order from 02/18 is finally showing up as an actual order....so there's light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya an order I cancelled on the 6th was sent today, looks like I'm gonna have 3 boxes of amazon basins....gggrrrrr
    First world problems...
  • Options
    @MikeTodd
    I was just about to pm you, wanna buy some Amazon Basin?  I'll give you a good deal lol.   :D

• Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995. I woukd man but budget lock down. Otherwise I would have been all over the 20% off deal! Thanks for the offer though! Stock up that big humi! 
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I am not the only one who got free boxes…LOTS of free boxes. They just keep sending it weeks after I cancelled it. Honestly I don't have room for it all, having to put them in zip locks with Boveda. I need your tower of power! 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.