Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coffee

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't tell him about the joys of roasting your own coffee.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Don't tell him about the joys of roasting your own coffee.

I just came in here to ask about roasters, lol

• Options

Oh, i didn't know you had fallen that far down the rabbit hole yet. This is the machine I use. I believe Chris spent some time with one also before moving on to a more capable machine. While it is rated for 1 lb. roasts, most people feel 12 oz. is the largest amount the machine can handle without the roasts taking too long in the drying phase,

https://www.sweetmarias.com/behmor-2000ab-plus-roaster-early-summer-special-deal.html

• Options

Climate change imperils coffee. A rescue plan is brewing in Vietnam.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/05/15/coffee-arabica-robusta-liberica-coffee/

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Climate change is a myth created to gain power and wealth by the elites.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

I decided to show you guys what I drink all day, every day. This Rubbermaid jug holds a half pot of coffee. I usually drink about four of these daily. Sometimes more, rarely less.

I know I'm going to get some WTFs but I'll admit that I pretty much only buy folders ground coffee. I had to switch to half-caff because the caffeine makes me pizz every half hour, which makes taking naps difficult. I usually drink one jug of half-caff in the morning and then three jugs of decaf the rest of the day. Today I'm drinking two jugs of half-caff this morning and three jugs of decaf the rest of today, since the first jug went down in less than ninety minutes.

I make these at night, adding sugar, and put them in the freezer. When I want to drink one I nuke it until it's about half slush/liquid. It's better than dunkin donuts coffee. Anyway, here's the final product.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

If you’re adding sugar it may not be just the caffeine working on your kidneys

• Options

Gotta add sugar or it's just too bitter.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you showed me yours...

I brew a pot of coffee every morning for the three members of the household which consists of roughly 900 ml of water and 60 grams of coffee. I brew it early enough so that everyone can get a cup before they have to leave for work, then I'll take half a cup upstairs to enjoy with my morning ablutions, I'll take a full cup with breakfast, then another half cup after that. These are all Corelle cups, about 6 - 7 ounces, and I keep the cup on a coffee warmer so that I can take my time to enjoy it while I work.

I may have another cup in the afternoon, either brewed using a pour-over or if all three of us are home I'll make a small pot (~500 ml / 33.333 g).

My routine for when I work in the office is a bit different, I'll make the same morning pot for everyone but pour off the two cups I normally drink into a double-walled brew travel mug and take it with me to work along with 18 grams of ground coffee in a salad dressing cup so that I can brew another two cups of coffee at work in the travel brew mug.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I brew a couple of 10 cup pots, much of the second one gets nuked the next morning. I get up very early and don't want to awaken Rachel with the screaming Barazata grinder. Life of an early bird/night owl couple.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Two 14oz. mugs of two different coffees, brewed in a french press, every morning. That satisfies my coffee genes and I'm good for the rest of the day.

That's my Bodum double-walled mug, which helps keep it warmer, sitting on a little pad I made because it's too tipsy on the chair's arm, which has the two magnets for the ever-needed pen.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

His brain looks like a coffee seed.

• Options

Just received this month's shipment of coffee from @peter4jc. Thanks for the green Panama! Haven't tried the Costa Rica yet but looking forward to it, smells wonderful.

• Options

That last one was for @IndustMech

May be an image of 1 person, coffee cup and text

• Options
  • Options

I want my 8.5 minutes back.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll stick to pour over.

• Options

@peter4jc, that PNG you gave me is bangin', really tasty one week from roast. I'd decided to post this before Kim had a cup and asked me which coffee this was and remarked on it's quality. Thanks, Peter, for a fine coffee.

• Options

Thanks for the feedback. Seth liked it too.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Thanks for the feedback. Seth liked it too.

So did John

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    edited July 2023

Ran out of home-roasted coffee yesterday, taking in a thermos for the guys at work has it's drawbacks, especially if they don't show up or partake. Drank some boring brewed coffee made from an Italian style espresso blend my sister picked up in Iceland and my Son woke me up at 6:30 am this morning to brew before he hits his postal route. Roasting good coffee now. Two or three batches this time depending on how fast the heat of the day comes on.

• Options

Thanks for the kind words, Rodger. I enjoy providing the beans as much as you enjoy drinking it.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having some of the Mexican coffee from @peter4jc