Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made it home safe
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Made it home safe
    Welcome back to 60’s and sunshine
    in SJ

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our daughter has that same thing, she too loves it!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Rain
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Smoothsticks
    That pile of wood will still be there tomorrow, time spent with your daughter is priceless. Enjoy my BOTL! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain
    It's not storming in Portland? 
    It's pouring and high winds here.
    Probably have to retrieve the garbage and recycle bins from down the street tomorrow.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    @0patience - Nope, just rain and it's a little chilly.
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    54 degrees here right now, so not terrible. Feels more like April.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woke up to 42 F with a feels like 37 F this morning.  Forecast is for a high of 61
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An inch and a half of snow and my college is closed for two days!  We've lost 5 days so far in the first three weeks of the semester.  I told my dean, if they close for one more day, I'm going to teach in the bleeping parking lot.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Nice day in Cali
    I'll save everyone the trouble..... SHUT UP!!!!    LOL
    Thats a million dollar view in Cali. Very nice! 
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold in the desert..

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    An inch and a half of snow and my college is closed for two days!  We've lost 5 days so far in the first three weeks of the semester.  I told my dean, if they close for one more day, I'm going to teach in the bleeping parking lot.

Here they only close the day classes, most night class are still on. 
  • Options
    NorCalR1 said:
    Yakster said:
    Made it home safe
    Welcome back to 60’s and sunshine
    in SJ
    Looks like I'll be bringing the rain with me.
  • Options
    SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    @Smoothsticks
    That pile of wood will still beI there tomorrow, time spent with your daughter is priceless. Enjoy my BOTL! 
    I totally agree. You are a wise man.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Not sure if it’s OCD or what but my youngest daughter always has to clean snow off all the cars before she will play out side. 

Didn't know you had a bird man. What mods have you done to it? Exhaust tips don't look stock.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    TX98Z28 said:
    deadman said:
    Not sure if it’s OCD or what but my youngest daughter always has to clean snow off all the cars before she will play out side. 

Didn't know you had a bird man. What mods have you done to it? Exhaust tips don't look stock.
     Basics- LS6 short block, 228/228 cam, 6.0 heads, ls6 intake, LT headers, 4K stall, and a lot of supporting items.
  • Options
    Glad I made it out of NC, it was like we were in a movie there, everyone was telling us on Tuesday "Get Out", apparently they're not well equipped to handle winter storms in the small towns.

• Options
    Yakster said:
    Glad I made it out of NC, it was like we were in a movie there, everyone was telling us on Tuesday "Get Out", apparently they're not well equipped to handle winter storms in the small towns.

Any towns here. Crazy delays and cancellations at Charlotte Douglas yesterday. 
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    22 this moring ... nice & refreshing for a motorcycle ride. Sposed to warm up this weekend ... hoping to get some work done in the garage.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Yakster said:

Any towns here. Crazy delays and cancellations at Charlotte Douglas yesterday. 
    In the mountains it is black ice. There are a lot of places that the sun doesn't get too. Most folks have four wheelers but they don't help on the BI. Supposed to get into the 40's today. I'm going through a lot of wood.
  • Options
    deadman said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    deadman said:

Basics- LS6 short block, 228/228 cam, 6.0 heads, ls6 intake, LT headers, 4K stall, and a lot of supporting items.
    Nice choice on going with that 4K stall!! Bet she rides the f*** out! A lot are afraid of anything more than a 3600 stall on the street lol 

Parts add up quick! Makes are little cigar hobby look like no biggie.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I DD it until 2012, very streetable. I was about to start upping the rear gear ratio. I have 3.23s now but she needs some 3.42 or 3.73s. I stopped driving her in 2013. Eventually I'll get my building cleaned out and she's going in there with the wife's 60 f100.

Yeah you ain't kidding! Start buying AN fittings, got to checkout and have a stroke. 
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    22 this moring ... nice & refreshing for a motorcycle ride. Sposed to warm up this weekend ... hoping to get some work done in the garage.
    Davis, were you up my way a few weeks ago on one of your toys? Could have sworn I saw a guy about your build riding north up 322. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    deadman said:
    I DD it until 2012, very streetable. I was about to start upping the rear gear ratio. I have 3.23s now but she needs some 3.42 or 3.73s. I stopped driving her in 2013. Eventually I'll get my building cleaned out and she's going in there with the wife's 60 f100.

Yeah you ain't kidding! Start buying AN fittings, got to checkout and have a stroke. 
    $1543.89 so far for my E85 compatible fuel system, not including new rails or injectors…Just AN fittings, dual pump universe wiring harness +hobbs switch harness and P.T.F.E braided coated hose, AN wrench set, clamps. Set me back exactly $857.83…most of the stuff was bought on black friday sales…(saved A LOT)  lol

Ya that stall would love 3.73's, I'm a manual guy so don't know to much about autos but know enough that an auto becomes almost essential when pushing huge power in are cars. Mines been down since 2012 to…the pre restoration just getting all the damn parts has been insane!
  • Options
    Duel pumps what power added you using?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @deadman, Building the fuel system once and only once, will be able to support 1200rwhp on E85, 1500rwhp on 93/C16. Right now looking at forged 408 going in with cnc'd ls3 heads/topend and spraying 250 shot but leaving options open down the road for forced induction main reason for E85 compatible fuel system.

N/A looking at 500+rwhp, on 250 shot 900+rwhp. If decide to stay on the bottle and not go turbos or pro-charger then spray 500 shot for around 1200rwhp add lots of bottles lol.

Would love to do forced induction especially turbos for power when want it on the boost controller and better fuel economy just can't afford it right now, plus all the piping and metal work is a nightmare. Almost forgot to add the weather 51*here lol

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....VrOOm....