• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he was talking about storm surge... 👴🏻

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ oh....yeah. 🤦

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice day today, but a bit smoky. It's only 68 F now at 5:30 PM.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rain,rain,rain. All from hurricane Delta. Rain for the next two days. We have had a dry spell for the past two weeks so we could use a little rain but not so much all at once.Thankful there is no wind.

• Options

I hope you send some of the rain this way, we have been in a drought for months. Whenever there is a storm coming through it goes south or west of us.

• Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful partly cloudy 75 today!

• Options

@JGruvey said:
    Beautiful partly cloudy 75 today!

Same

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Rain,rain,rain. All from hurricane Delta. Rain for the next two days. We have had a dry spell for the past two weeks so we could use a little rain but not so much all at once.Thankful there is no wind.

Glad to hear your getting needed rain, only got just a ultra light mist here, just enough to crank the humidity up and some mild wind from Delta.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

All the leaves are turning here. It is beautiful. Oaks are red and gold, the hickorys are yellow, poplars are rust, the sumac are vibrant red, and the maples are red and gold also.The trees at the top of ridges are loosing their leaves and we got a frost tomorrow night. Things they are a changin'

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fall's over. Winter's here. Woke up to this.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

68° here today, heavy rain expected tonight...maybe.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

A beautiful day, except for the rain.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Fall's over. Winter's here. Woke up to this.

That. Is. Terrifying.
    We are not even in November.

• Options

You'd have to be a yeti to survive in that place.

• Options

92 F 20 % rH light breeze.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

When we moved from Alaska to Kentucky in '68, one November morning I woke up and there was snow on the ground. Maybe an inch and a half. Finally, I thought, a frosting of snow. Went out on the porch in my robe to check it out. Do I need boots? Nah, so I just put on my loafers.

Walked to school, about a mile. It was weird, on the way there seemed to be no one about. When I arrived at school, there was no one there! No bus tracks in the snow. No nothing!

I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. What the heck was this all about? No one, anywhere! I turned around and headed back home, puzzling over it. Perhaps the Baptists were right, and there really was a rapture! I got left out! Well, no surprise there, God knows what you think, and therefore I was probably doomed. What next?

When I got home, the reality was even stranger than my imaginings. School had been cancelled. For this? Last year I waded through snow up to my belly button to get to school.

Thus I got my first lesson in relativity. It's all about what you're used to. And prepared for.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another cool front came through 56'F currently, might make 48-49 by 6-7 AM tomorrow. The leaf's are 25% down, 75% to go, I'll spend 2 hours blowing them and all the flower beds out tomorrow before mowing.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally getting a little rain been over 60 days since anything of significance. Will help the farmers, buddy has 11 ponds with only three that are usable for watering cattle. Had to fire up the fireplace also.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still in the mid 90's during the day but dropping down into the mid 50's at night. They are saying we might get some rain this weekend which we really need

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options

Snow. Just snow.

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

70° and sunny with almost no humidity.

• Options

Mid 40's at night and high 60's in the day. Low humidity and clear Carolina Mt. blue sky. Leaf colors are beautiful right now.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

RAIN
    Fountain is overflowing. Streets are flooded. Flash flood warnings on the TV.
    Did I mention that it has been raining?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

Rain? In Florida?

• Options
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

TS 28 is part of the reason that the rain has not stopped here. Been raining since we got back Tuesday

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

A nice 72 F but only 6 % rH. Not sure why so dry, maybe all the winds, it's giving me a real static charge today.

• Options

Still snowin.... mixed with freezing rain. Question of the day: How many plows does it take for the Alaskan DOT to remove 2 inches of snow off 2 lanes of highway so there's nothing left but glare ice?

The correct answer is 8. Moving at 25 miles an hour during the morning commute. Alaska DOT. Motto: We inconvenience as many people as we can for as long as we can.

• Options
    CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snow and 19 degrees